There seems to be general agreement by posters, journalists and the one who matters (Warnock) that we are now in need of midfield reinforcements - with Whitts, Huws, Adeyemi (any others?) gone or going - leaving only Gunnar, Ralls, O'Keefe and Mark Harris as centre mids.

This article quotes Jazz Richards as saying he could do a job there, which may be a smart move by him given the level of competition he will face at right full back or wing back (Patterson, Peltier, Connolly):

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...clusive-Gossip

An alternative way for Richards into Cardiff manager Neil Warnock’s team could be in central midfield.

The former Swansea City man began his career as a midfielder before switching to right-back.

Richards believes he can still do a job in the middle of the park and said: “I started off as a midfielder and played a couple of games there when I was at Swansea and also in my younger days I played in midfield. I know that was a long time ago.

“It would take time to get used to that position again but I’m sure I’d have more to offer as a midfielder than a right-back.”

The Wales international also figured at left-back last term and is happy to do “whatever” job Warnock asks of him.

He added: “I’ll play anywhere as long as it’s on the pitch.

“I’m definitely a lot more comfortable playing on the right as I’m right-footed but if it comes to playing to left-back then left-back it is.

“I’m definitely a lot better on the right and I think I can offer a lot in midfield.”