+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any book recommandations please

Any book recommandations please

I got some down time coming up and I'm out of reading material.
    Anyone read any decent books lately? I mainly read sporting autographies but I am open to anything really.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Any book recommandations please

If you like music biographies and are into the Manchester post punk scene then Peter Hook's Unknown Pleasures - Inside Joy Division & Steve Hanleys The Big Midweek are both excellent.

I enjoyed Paul McGrath's autobiography recently.

Detective fiction: Alex by Pierre Lemaitre - bloody brilliant plot.

We need to talk about Kevin, by Lionel Shriver - especially if you have not seen the film. Trainspotting, ditto.

Dracula, Frankenstein and The Count of Monte Cristo - all great. They're classics for a reason!

Enjoy!

On holiday recently I read "Into the Silence". Its the story of George Mallory and his (successful?) Everest expedition. It deals with all the characters involved and their role in the First World War before turning to exploits in the Himalayas. Some of the tales of the WW1 battlefield are horrifying and really bring home the brutality of the fighting. The story of the climbing expeditions were also fascinating. There is also an epilogue about the guy who found Mallory's body a few years ago. Excellent read.

Feedback

Marching Powder.

It's about the San Pedro prison in Bolivia. It's mental