+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wow, what a summer

Wow, what a summer

Ten contracts already signed by 5 new players, plus Zahore, Peltier, Harris, Hoillet and now Manga all extending their stay. The transfer window doesn't even officially open until Saturday! Warnock has indeed been very active early as promised and it's a credit to him and them upstairs that we have done so much business to date.

However, whilst most fans are clamouring for more new faces, personally I would like to see us balancing the books and shipping out some of our existing players to avoid falling foul of FFP as this is not a road we should visit again. Our priority now should be moving on players that Warnock doesn't really rate such as Wilson, John, O'Keefe, Noone, Pilkington and Lambert. Some will no doubt be harder to shift than others, but our squad is crying out to be trimmed more than added to currently in my opinion.

Re: Wow, what a summer

I'm not as au fait about our youth players as people like tobw, but I'd love to see one or two local lads get a chance.
    Hopefully getting Lambert off the books would open the door to further strengthening but I guess there's an argument that too many new players could cause problems with the team gelling?

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Ten contracts already signed by 5 new players, plus Zahore, Peltier, Harris, Hoillet and now Manga all extending their stay. The transfer window doesn't even officially open until Saturday! Warnock has indeed been very active early as promised and it's a credit to him and them upstairs that we have done so much business to date.

However, whilst most fans are clamouring for more new faces, personally I would like to see us balancing the books and shipping out some of our existing players to avoid falling foul of FFP as this is not a road we should visit again. Our priority now should be moving on players that Warnock doesn't really rate such as Wilson, John, O'Keefe, Noone, Pilkington and Lambert. Some will no doubt be harder to shift than others, but our squad is crying out to be trimmed more than added to currently in my opinion.
    I do agree its been a good start, so often we have been looking for names that come with a price or hefty wage or a contract we cant wriggle out of .

Plus this season shirts on sale before CHRISTMAS.