+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not enough to get me back on board with Sky.

Not enough to get me back on board with Sky.

Re: Not enough to get me back on board with Sky.

This is clearly in response to the inroads on Sky revenue from Kodi and other alternative streams. (For some reason Cricfree continues to get away with its live football and rugby coverage) If watching football on Sky costs £18 a month, I'll definitely return to the fold - a man can only take so much buffering........

I am so glad I weened myself away from Sky and BT packages like Sports and other premium add ons channels i am saving 60 quid a month and watching less television, being more active ,away from the settee . I was watching Stoke v WBA type games for no good reason , if your a footy fan and can walk get to a game somewhere I say, and listen to the rest on the radio whilst your out and about.

It's not rocket science.

If people refuse to pay the sky high prices then they'll lower them.

No coincidence that they're doing this after a steady decline in numbers.

My attitude is that I'm willing to pay some money to be able to watch football, but not the prices they charge (especially when they've lost the rights to some football recently). Therefore they either give it to me half price (which I've currently got for the next 18 months) or I'll go without.

The way I see it, they need me more than I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    It's not rocket science.

If people refuse to pay the sky high prices then they'll lower them.

No coincidence that they're doing this after a steady decline in numbers.

My attitude is that I'm willing to pay some money to be able to watch football, but not the prices they charge (especially when they've lost the rights to some football recently). Therefore they either give it to me half price (which I've currently got for the next 18 months) or I'll go without.

The way I see it, they need me more than I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Yep agreed here too. I won't be going back though. I have my Reading ST and my Wales WC tickets so am not bothered about paying Murdoch's empire for their over hyped football. Also got BT Sport 1 which costs me nothing and Netflix at just £6 a month. The days of being mugged by SKY are over

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep agreed here too. I won't be going back though. I have my Reading ST and my Wales WC tickets so am not bothered about paying Murdoch's empire for their over hyped football. Also got BT Sport 1 which costs me nothing and Netflix at just £6 a month. The days of being mugged by SKY are over
    Bit of advice my lovely boy, "watch out for Double Decker Buses" on the pavement in Reading.

Also, a NowTV box / account effectively means that you can get access to events on Sky in a 'PAYG' manner.
    Handy, low cost and a good compromise if you don't want to give up on Sky, but don't want to commit to the ongoing cost or ongoing support of a Murdoch revenue.

I have Netflix and Amazon prime ( prime pays for itself with Xmas gifts and savings etc ) that alongside Terrestrial TV is enough viewing for me hour or so a night if i'm lucky.

Lets be honest the Premiership is very flat now , dont watch rugby , golf , do like Cricket , but cant see me glued to the TV for hours , and why would I when we have T.M.S. commentators and summarisers on in the garden /allotment with my beer .

Up yours Rupert

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Bit of advice my lovely boy, "watch out for Double Decker Buses" on the pavement in Reading.
    Yeah I saw that. Incredible the cyclist was unscathed

Yeah I saw that. Incredible the cyclist was unscathed
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...d-heads-to-pub

WHAT CYCLIST ???

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I caught some footage of somebody going flying but getting up unscathed. Thought they were on a bike at the time. It's no biggie.

I have Netflix and Amazon prime ( prime pays for itself with Xmas gifts and savings etc ) that alongside Terrestrial TV is enough viewing for me hour or so a night if i'm lucky.

Lets be honest the Premiership is very flat now , dont watch rugby , golf , do like Cricket , but cant see me glued to the TV for hours , and why would I when we have T.M.S. commentators and summarisers on in the garden /allotment with my beer .

Up yours Rupert
    Agreed about TMS. I have no problem not being able to watch test cricket but will happily listen for hours on end (if I'm able) to TMS.

I've just cancelled my Sky sports channels and have decided next season to just go to as many City games I can, home and away, and only watch other games on Match of the day.
    Love my football but saturation is beginning to take its toll on me.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I've just cancelled my Sky sports channels and have decided next season to just go to as many City games I can, home and away, and only watch other games on Match of the day.
    Love my football but saturation is beginning to take its toll on me.
    A very sensible approach , even though its saturation its not great quality, I cope with MOTD 1 & 2 ,Championship radio , and the odd big Premiership /Champions League game down the pub , and as you say watching the City live , much healthy for the mind and belly line ,than then couch .

Doesn't seem a year ago that I was on here after advice and I cancelled sky to get their "come back at a discount" call. Anyway this thread prompted me to check and the offer had lapsed. The buggers had put my bill back up again.

Another call, another threat to leave, bill reduced from £83 to £56 pcm (full package minus movies with HD and multiroom - no broadband). I realise its better to actually cancel to get a bigger discount but its a pain in the arse and Im happyish with the new bill.

There has to be a better way to do business though surely. A yearly haggle wastes everyones time

International

I'm aboutto rent a flat in the city and I spoke to the sky salesman in the St David centre yesterday. I asked him how much for the basic sky package with phone number and broadband.

He said it would be about 50:00 a month but wouldn't sell it to me. He told me that the new structure after their financial review will be out on monday and that then it is very likely that I'll get everything including films and stuff for the same price or less because they are losing customers. I realise as a new customer I'd probably get more incentives than a renewing subsciber but the information still seems wuite positive from the customers point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Doesn't seem a year ago that I was on here after advice and I cancelled sky to get their "come back at a discount" call. Anyway this thread prompted me to check and the offer had lapsed. The buggers had put my bill back up again.

Another call, another threat to leave, bill reduced from £83 to £56 pcm (full package minus movies with HD and multiroom - no broadband). I realise its better to actually cancel to get a bigger discount but its a pain in the arse and Im happyish with the new bill.

There has to be a better way to do business though surely. A yearly haggle wastes everyones time
    And so it begins, they cocked up the new deal. Taken me 4 days to get thru to them to cancel again.

A very sensible approach , even though its saturation its not great quality, I cope with MOTD 1 & 2 ,Championship radio , and the odd big Premiership /Champions League game down the pub , and as you say watching the City live , much healthy for the mind and belly line ,than then couch .
    I've actually got to the point where I cant watch a full MOTD. I record it and just flick through.
    If I'm not down the City I have 5live on so all the main talking points have already been covered well enough and I don't need some ex players explaining to me what I've just seen. Maybe better pundits are needed.

I've spoken to Sky within the past week with a view to cancelling Sky Sports and I now have it half price (£13.75) for 18 months. I also had SkyGo Extra on trial for free and they extended that for 18 months as well.
    I asked about the new pricing structure and he said it was a rumour which had been leaked but that I wouldn't get the full Sports package as cheap as I currently get it whatever happens. He also said that better deals would be offered to existing customers in an effort to keep them rather than giving attractive introductory offers to new customers in future.

They had that grand opening on sky sports 5.

The European Football Channel they said.

Just a marketing ploy. Now it has all sorts of rubbish on there.