+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MUSIC: Covers shows

MUSIC: Covers shows

Seen a coupla covers shows this year: The Classic Rock Show - A To Z Of Rock Tour and The Story of Guitar Heroes last Saturdday. Thoroughly enjoyed them both - live music, very competently sung/played and a catalogue of well known/loved songs.

Both shows made a decent attempt to stitch the parts together by showing video clips as guitars were changed (there must have been £15Ks worth of axe on stage on Saturday) and used sound effects. The band even played along with Queen footage, the lead guitarist using a copy Brian May guitar. Their set was ambitious too - Shadows, Hendrix, AC/DC, Satriani etc.

I've noticed that in Cardiff this year, there's been a dearth of 'name' bands playing here - even though we've got a some great assorted venues. At best, there have mainly been tribute bands and those who remain from very old 'name' groups like the Searchers - though I've got my Deep Purple ticket for November at Motorpoint.

So, are covers shows the shape of things to come? The Classic Rock Show - A To Z Of Rock Tour pretty well sold out St Davids.......

Re: MUSIC: Covers shows

If Barry Gibb can play Glastonbury doing Take That, Boyzone & Steps covers then anyone can do it..

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    If Barry Gibb can play Glastonbury doing Take That, Boyzone & Steps covers then anyone can do it..
    I hope this is a whoosh

How can 'covers bands / tribute acts' be the future?!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I hope this is a whoosh
    Somebody made that joke on Twitter over the weekend and received many replies from people who didn't get the joke - think it's a reference to that