+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good interview with Steven Caulker.

Good interview with Steven Caulker.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Sounds like his time here was the most stable of his career.

Quite a sad tale.

Re: Good interview with Steven Caulker.

a very sad read, though i expect he isnt alone in that story

having said that, with people living on the streets and hungry, i guess we shouldnt feel to bad for him

Knew he had his share of problems, but didn't realise they went so deep - I hope he can sort himself out.

People write Caulker off now, but he got a Premier League club easily enough after he left us and then two teams who were much better than QPR and us were prepared to take him on loan - there's a very good player there somewhere in my opinion, but I doubt if we are ever going to see him now.

When you're young and you dream about being a footballer, you think it's all down to how good a player you are when it comes to "making it" or not, but there comes a time when it dawns on you that you also need a hide like a rhino to excel at the game you love - I know for a fact that I would not have been strong enough mentally to play at the highest level, even if I had been given the talent to do so.

That was a very brave and powerful interview. There was a small element of showcasing himself for future employers, but mostly it was brutal, painful and self-critical. Hopefully it will help to move attitudes in the game about addiction and mental illness further in a positive direction.

As Charlie says it also puts Cardiff in a good light, and in particular the treatment and support he had from Malky in the second half of 2013. He made some bad mistakes with textgate (and was rightly punished), but had some good personal qualities too.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    a very sad read, though i expect he isnt alone in that story

having said that, with people living on the streets and hungry, i guess we shouldnt feel to bad for him
    Mental illness is no respecter of money

Sounds like we were lucky to get rid of him without it costing us much.

A cynic would say that interview is a good way of rehabbing his image ( berty big bollocks, pisshead ).

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    A cynic would say that interview is a good way of rehabbing his image ( berty big bollocks, pisshead ).
    I don't think a cynic would say that.
    A complete bellend might though

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I don't think a cynic would say that.
    A complete bellend might though
    ce274bb001357066be490436d89b1d79.jpg

You read it and that was your impression?

Good read and it has a very familiar ring to it.
    Employees chucked on the scrapheap in a society where 'instead of fixing it when broken, get a new one' mentality exists.

Good luck on your rehab journey Steven

What a fall from grace ,I know Spurs fans why rated him highly ,is he really still only 25 ??