+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player with the biggest potential

Player with the biggest potential

Hard question to answer.

Just reading this;

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...r-son-13260086

Leon Jeanne described as Wales' most promising footballer. Are there any in the same category? Doesn't matter if they forfilled any potential, but biggest potential at the time at Cardiff City.

Re: Player with the biggest potential

Gary O'Neill, didn't do to bad in his career but thought he would do a lot more

I can't believe they ended up in court. They look like such a nice couple of lads

Judge Philip Harris-Jenkins described the defendants as “three idiots”.

To quote Mr Lahey from The Trailer Park Boys, "The Shit apples don't fall to far from The Shit Tree."

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Hard question to answer.

Just reading this;

Leon Jeanne described as Wales' most promising footballer. Are there any in the same category? Doesn't matter if they forfilled any potential, but biggest potential at the time at Cardiff City.
    Lee Jarman was supposed to be a huge star in the making when he was playing for us at 17.

Wasn't LFW rumoured to have a big one

Just for you CB

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Hard question to answer.

Just reading this;

Steve Gammon-tremendous player.He tamed all the best creative midfielders of the day until Denis Law broke his leg.Never recovered from that.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    To quote Mr Lahey from The Trailer Park Boys, "The Shit apples don't fall to far from The Shit Tree."
    Ah, but it wasn't his fault. According to Jeanne in an interview with a lads mag, which he was paid for, it was a conveniently un-named English international that got him into drugs at QPR... can't be his fault, or his families fault whatsoever.

Leon Jeanne really look like the real deal when he played agaisnt the jacks in that Welsh cup game ( i think it was that game )

the Ball stuck to his boot and he had bags of speed ( no puns intended, but what the hell, later i am sure he upgraded that to coke )

a real shame and a real waste

Ramsey has done ok

Banned

Zohore will go on to be one of the most sought after strikers in Europe.
    Well done RS for bringing him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Zohore will go on to be one of the most sought after strikers in Europe.
    Well done RS for bringing him in.
    I thought he was foisted on Slade by Vincent Tan?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I thought he was foisted on Slade by Vincent Tan?
    Is that the same VT who you said knows nothing about football?

Is that the same VT who you said knows nothing about football?
    Are you now saying Slade didn't bring him in?

Banned

Are you now saying Slade didn't bring him in?
    Slade was manager when Zohore joined the club.
    Are you now saying Tan foisted all transfers on RS?

It was Tan's European connections who pointed Zohore in our direction. Slade was responsible for signing the garbage that was Revell.

Given that Zohore was signed by KV Kortrijk, another club in Slade's portfolio, then loaned to us, who do you think was responsible for bringing him to the club?

As for Tan, we know he's foisted some signings on the club. No doubt you will reckon that any failures during Slade's reign (of which there are a few) would have been down to Tan.

Banned

Given that Zohore was signed by KV Kortrijk, another club in Slade's portfolio, then loaned to us, who do you think was responsible for bringing him to the club? The manager

As for Tan, we know he's foisted some signings on the club. No doubt you will reckon that any failures during Slade's reign (of which there are a few) would have been down to Tan.The Manager
    Your theory that VT picks and chooses what player plays for what club is laughable. He may sign the cheques and tell the players to shoot more often but to say he foisted signings is crap unless you can prove it.

Your theory that VT picks and chooses what player plays for what club is laughable. He may sign the cheques and tell the players to shoot more often but to say he foisted signings is crap unless you can prove it.
    Well, seeing as Tan owns both teams involved in the deal and has a seat on the 4 man transfer committee (alongside the manager, CEO and chairman) I'd imagine he had a fair amount of influence on the deal

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Lee Jarman was supposed to be a huge star in the making when he was playing for us at 17.
    I remember the hype. It turned out a more limited Scott Young would be the mainstay of our defence.

I thought that Darren Adams was going to be special

I haven't said that Vinnie picks and chooses what player plays for each club. Etien Velikonja was definitely a Tan signing, one that Malky didn't want. Back in the day, Glenn Loovens was brought to Cardiff by Peter Risdale and apparently Dave Jones wasn't a fan at the beginning.

Signings of players like Zohore, Gounongbe, Saadi appear to have the hallmark of Tan and his foreign scouts. It's why Tan now owns a few clubs in Europe. I doubt very much that Russell Slade is knowledgeable about fringe young players on the continent, neither do I think our current boss would be, either.

Many contributors to this thread have attempted to correct your lunacy in giving Slade all the credit for signing a player most of us reckon he wouldn't even have heard of before he came to the club, though you are only interested in trying to twist what I say, ignoring the rest, like the troll you are.

Banned

I haven't said that Vinnie picks and chooses what player plays for each club. Etien Velikonja was definitely a Tan signing, one that Malky didn't want. Back in the day, Glenn Loovens was brought to Cardiff by Peter Risdale and apparently Dave Jones wasn't a fan at the beginning.

Signings of players like Zohore, Gounongbe, Saadi appear to have the hallmark of Tan and his foreign scouts. It's why Tan now owns a few clubs in Europe. I doubt very much that Russell Slade is knowledgeable about fringe young players on the continent, neither do I think our current boss would be, either.

Many contributors to this thread have attempted to correct your lunacy in giving Slade all the credit for signing a player most of us reckon he wouldn't even have heard of before he came to the club, though you are only interested in trying to twist what I say, ignoring the rest, like the troll you are.
    I "reckon" RS got more of an idea than the experts on here.

He has form for that. Apparently, Peter Ridsdale signed Chopra, Bothroyd, Johnson. Dave Jones signed Redan, Samuel and Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well, seeing as Tan owns both teams involved in the deal and has a seat on the 4 man transfer committee (alongside the manager, CEO and chairman) I'd imagine he had a fair amount of influence on the deal
    But Tandy will conveniently skip past this post as it doesn't do his boyfriend any favours. I've not been here much, but nothing's changed, the bellwhiff is still showing his undying love for the bald messiah. How dare anyone rubbish the footballing genius of Grimsby.