+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff, growing too fast?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff, growing too fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bristol's traffic is something else. That needs to be the warning for Cardiff.
    This is true, Bristol is very densely built up, driving from one side of the centre to the other is horrific and Cardiff is getting like this.
    Also, I used to live in Radyr 25 years ago and I'd jump in my Vespa and by pass all the traffic that was backed up llantrisant rd thru llsndaff. Even then, it often came back to fairwater/dsnescourt. I dread to think what it will be like when they build all these new houses off llantrisant rd.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    This is true, Bristol is very densely built up, driving from one side of the centre to the other is horrific and Cardiff is getting like this.
    Also, I used to live in Radyr 25 years ago and I'd jump in my Vespa and by pass all the traffic that was backed up llantrisant rd thru llsndaff. Even then, it often came back to fairwater/dsnescourt. I dread to think what it will be like when they build all these new houses off llantrisant rd.
    Can't believe they have put such little funds into transport to ease what will be a nightmare fir many commuters. There is an old railway line that runs past Radyr toward creigiau, why don't they sort it?? A line out that way would sort a few issues

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can't believe they have put such little funds into transport to ease what will be a nightmare fir many commuters. There is an old railway line that runs past Radyr toward creigiau, why don't they sort it?? A line out that way would sort a few issues
    There was talk a couple of years ago about the line to Creigiau being rebuilt with a new station in Fairwater called "Keyston" being included, but canvassers for Plaid Cymru during the council elections told me that the new station would never happen and doubted the timescale for the line reopening.

There's a map on this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-31418603

which includes the line to Creigau that in fact goes on to Talbot Green before joining the Swansea to Cardiff line at Pontyclun. There's also stations planned for Ely Mill, Culverhouse Cross and Rhoose and stations called Newport Road and St Mellons for east Cardiff, but it seems to me that a lot of existing stations (including Ninian Park) have disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was talk a couple of years ago about the line to Creigiau being rebuilt with a new station in Fairwater called "Keyston" being included, but canvassers for Plaid Cymru during the council elections told me that the new station would never happen and doubted the timescale for the line reopening.

There's a map on this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-31418603

which includes the line to Creigau that in fact goes on to Talbot Green before joining the Swansea to Cardiff line at Pontyclun. There's also stations planned for Ely Mill, Culverhouse Cross and Rhoose and stations called Newport Road and St Mellons for east Cardiff, but it seems to me that a lot of existing stations (including Ninian Park) have disappeared!
    They are turning that line into a walking/cycle path this autumn

So much for me thinking it would be part of this elusive "metro" system