+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff, growing too fast?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff, growing too fast?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Haven't lived in Llandaff North for over 20 years but it could be a nightmare heading past the BBC back then! As much as i love Cardiff the public transport system is a crap, no innovation and expensive. It doesn't surprise me that the only way to get people to use it is to make the car journey even worse.

Shame.

Expensive !

All day ticket on Cardiff Bus is £3-40p

I have not taken the car to town or footie for years, I think the people who knock the Bus service, are the ones that don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Expensive !

All day ticket on Cardiff Bus is £3-40p

I have not taken the car to town or footie for years, I think the people who knock the Bus service, are the ones that don't use it.
    I've not taken the car to town for very long time, usually the Train but on a nice day, a cycle along the taff trail, not taken the car food shopping for a few years, a walk to Lidl every Saturday morning with a few things delivered if Lidl hasn't got it.

Currently working near Waterton Bridgend, 30 mins from door to office desk leaving at 07.00, 30 mins back leaving at 17.45, my hours could be shorter but i'd rather do an extra bit of work each day than be stuck in traffic, hate driving and would take public each and every time when its convenient/available.

I've not taken the car to town for ages, take the bus every time. Always take the bus to home games, the bus service seems ok to me, once you're in bus lane areas it breezes through.

Our neighbours recently moved from Pontprennau to Caerphilly and have switched from road to train for their commute. They said travel times have been slashed even though they travel further. They just need the peak time overcrowding to be sorted.

The Metro/new rail franchise can't come soon enough. We need more, quicker, better trains/trams and the reopening of previously closed lines/tunnels etc.

The busses are fine. £3.40 to ride all day. People claim it is inconvenient, but I've used it quite a bit to get from the City centre to St Mellons. If you live and work in and around Cardiff, then I see no reason for not using public transport. From the sounds of it, car journeys are taking twice as long and the problem is we're all making short trips into the City.

I can't understand why BBC Wales needs to be in the centre of the city - that building is costing a fortune.

A train station at St Mellons is essential though, it would take thousands of cars off the road. Then we need a system like the Octopus Card system in London.

Even then, people will still see their cars as a more convenient option and will hope all the other commuters change THEIR habits.

There will be congestion charges soon enough too,

And, if you think the busses are crap in Cardiff, head up into the valleys where services run hourly!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    The busses are fine. £3.40 to ride all day. People claim it is inconvenient, but I've used it quite a bit to get from the City centre to St Mellons. If you live and work in and around Cardiff, then I see no reason for not using public transport. From the sounds of it, car journeys are taking twice as long and the problem is we're all making short trips into the City.

I can't understand why BBC Wales needs to be in the centre of the city - that building is costing a fortune.

A train station at St Mellons is essential though, it would take thousands of cars off the road. Then we need a system like the Octopus Card system in London.

Even then, people will still see their cars as a more convenient option and will hope all the other commuters change THEIR habits.

There will be congestion charges soon enough too,

And, if you think the busses are crap in Cardiff, head up into the valleys where services run hourly!
    That's a new one on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That's a new one on me.
    the idea might have legs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That's a new one on me.
    The world is your octopus