+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get ready for MORE CYCLISTS ! 9th July road closures in your area here

Get ready for MORE CYCLISTS ! 9th July road closures in your area here

Re: Get ready for MORE CYCLISTS ! 9th July road closures in your area here

I ride a bike but I can't stand cyclists, particularly those with all the gear on.
    Tight lycra, bespoke daps, expensive looking wrap around glasses and worst of all, helmets with cameras on the top.
    All that equipment and they don't possess a soddin bell!

I intimidating b@stards most of 'em, thinking they have right of way because there is a blue sign allowing cyclists to ride, gives them the right to bomb past at 40mph.

This Is the sign I'd have up...
    "Always give way to pedestrians ya w@nkers"!

Is there such a thing as walkathon Wales, where roads and pathways are closed to cyclists?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I ride a bike but I can't stand cyclists, particularly those with all the gear on.
    Tight lycra, bespoke daps, expensive looking wrap around glasses and worst of all, helmets with cameras on the top.

I intimidating b@stards most of 'em, thinking they have right of way because there is a blue sign allowing cyclists to ride, gives them the right to bomb past at 40mph.

Is there such a thing as walkathon Wales, where roads and pathways are closed to cyclists?
    Hmm. Son goes to synagogue on Sundays, it's a 3 minute drive. Going to have to find another far longer route now.

They got bells but are seldom heard cos loads of pedestrians wear headphones and are oblivious to anything else

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They got bells but are seldom heard cos loads of pedestrians wear headphones and are oblivious to anything else
    Ooops. Cyclist alert

That's okay then, the music loving shanks pony riding feckers deserve to be mowed down and abused.

No they haven't got bells, not the ones I'm talking about.
    The ones who sign up for these rides, the ones with SKY on their shirts who sign a form swearing never to be courteous to pedestrians.

Ooops. Cyclist alert

That's okay then, the music loving shanks pony riding feckers deserve to be mowed down and abused.

No they haven't got bells, not the ones I'm talking about.
    The ones who sign up for these rides, the ones with SKY on their shirts who sign a form swearing never to be courteous to pedestrians.
    I was on the Taff Trail once and rang my bell to make a couple and their dog aware of my presence. They moved so I said thank you as I cycled past. The bloke thought I'd said 'fcuk u' so shouted 'FCUK OFF YERSELF' only for his Mrs to correct him.
    Never did find out who it was. Was it you?😆

I was on the Taff Trail once and rang my bell to make a couple and their dog aware of my presence. They moved so I said thank you as I cycled past. The bloke thought I'd said 'fcuk u' so shouted 'FCUK OFF YERSELF' only for his Mrs to correct him.
    Never did find out who it was. Was it you?😆
    Possibly, what did you have on? 🤔

Possibly, what did you have on? 🤔
    Full SKY lycra kit and aero helmet

Having been a cyclist commuter inLondon, I agree with most of that.

What gets me is the dopey feckers who get on the train with their bike and full Bradley Wiggins kit, take up about four spaces only to get off in town and cycle all of about 500 yards to work. And don't get me started on the gits riding on pavements and going through red lights when pedestrians are trying to cross the road

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    What gets me is the dopey feckers who get on the train with their bike and full Bradley Wiggins kit, take up about four spaces only to get off in town and cycle all of about 500 yards to work. And don't get me started on the gits riding on pavements and going through red lights when pedestrians are trying to cross the road

Not forgetting those silly feckers cycling around in the evening in dark clothes and no lights!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

Not forgetting those silly feckers cycling around in the evening in dark clothes and no lights!
    That's so they can't be seen when cycling on pavements

I have experienced a few recent howlers and their complete arrogance and attitude is bewildering, no recognition of their actions just the stare .

1. wife and husband took me on both sides as i was pulling out toward a roundabout ,with traffic coming always.
    2. two cyclists stormed out of bus lane near side I didn't have a chance to give away .
    3. jumped red lights incidents
    4. drove through zebra crossing after i stopped for pedestrians
    5. two pavements incidents whilst walking .

Sorry I have lost all respect ,I cannot ever recall any cyclists raising his hand in apology or thanking you for letting them through,if i drove like that i would be fined,unfortunately this pc corrected world will never address or speak out .

This is going to get worse as thousands more homes are built and the councils answer to getting around is cycling ,unlike London who have built the infrastructure lanes for them we are now at odds with them forever

^^^^^^ Adding to the above, during that BBC prog on Cardiff in another thread, I had to larf at two cyclists pushing their bikes along a cycle lane in the city centre - right beside a pavement. Where was that coming from?

I wear all the clothing you mention I also have a bell . The fact so many people cycle now is amazing.
    Just finished doing coast to coast in Majorca this afternoon it was an outstanding way to spend a week and see a side of Majorca very few will have . Not a football top in site till we got to Alcudia today .Most of the drivers here are very respectful towards cyclists unlike the U.K. where cyclists appear to be targets to idiots in their cars who appear to try and get as close as possible or shout abuse out of their windows then speed off showing they are really big brave idiots . There are two sides to every story , I don't agree with cyclist riding two abreast and blocking the traffic , I also drive a car , I know how annoying it can be .
    I am going to cycle 200 miles with Cardiff City Development raising money to help underpriveliged and less able Cardiff people get access to sport . I shall be wearing Lycra and have my cleats on . Hope our group doesnt offend to many on here ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have experienced a few recent howlers and their complete arrogance and attitude is bewildering, no recognition of their actions just the stare .

1. wife and husband took me on both sides as i was pulling out toward a roundabout ,with traffic coming always.
    2. two cyclists stormed out of bus lane near side I didn't have a chance to give away .
    3. jumped red lights incidents
    4. drove through zebra crossing after i stopped for pedestrians
    5. two pavements incidents whilst walking .

Sorry I have lost all respect ,I cannot ever recall any cyclists raising his hand in apology or thanking you for letting them through,if i drove like that i would be fined,unfortunately this pc corrected world will never address or speak out .

This is going to get worse as thousands more homes are built and the councils answer to getting around is cycling ,unlike London who have built the infrastructure lanes for them we are now at odds with them forever
    How many decent cyclists did you see in this time ?
    I commute from The Gower to Cardiff every working day ( and home games ) . I see one or two cocks every day but I share the road with hundreds of vehicles driving quite sensibly .

Oh dear

What is it with cyclists who insist on riding OUTSIDE of the allocated cyclist lanes???!!!

Just slowing down traffic for feck all reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    What is it with cyclists who insist on riding OUTSIDE of the allocated cyclist lanes???!!!

Just slowing down traffic for feck all reasons
    What is it with drivers who insist on parking in cycle lanes causing cyclists to ride in the road???!!!

They're just slowing down traffic for feck all reasons.

What is it with drivers who insist on parking in cycle lanes causing cyclists to ride in the road???!!!

They're just slowing down traffic for feck all reasons.
    Can you remind me what cyclist's pay to use the roads. ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We all pay through taxation.

Unless you think that your car tax goes into a large bucket and the money gets used to fill potholes etc.

Not sticking up for cyclists as loads of them are irresponsible arseholes who shouldn't be on the road - in the same way as loads of car drivers are.

Same as car drivers.
    The "car tax" is based on emissions.
    How much CO2 do cyclists put out compared to a car?

Isn't road tax based on emissions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Isn't road tax based on emissions?
    I was 3 minutes ahead of you.

I don't even own a bike, but I don't mind the lads who get up on the mountain in all weathers to enjoy it (as long as they don't chuck their rubbish).

The Lycra set are an arrogant bunch though.

There's temporary traffic lights on a blind bend where I live that have been there for nearly a year. I've nearly wiped a few of them out when it's been green my end and they've gone through the red their end.

I think I'll kill one of them one day*.

*DISCLAIMER: Due to one of them coming around that bend I mentioned, not for me seeking them out FFS.