+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get ready for MORE CYCLISTS ! 9th July road closures in your area here

Re: Get ready for MORE CYCLISTS ! 9th July road closures in your area here

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Same as car drivers.
    The "car tax" is based on emissions.
    How much CO2 do cyclists put out compared to a car?

Cows were once being blamed for the holes in the ozone layer through "farting", I take it cyclists don't FART.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Cows were once being blamed for the holes in the ozone layer through "farting", I take it cyclists don't FART.
    We do but it stays inside the lycra until we get home

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    We do but it stays inside the lycra until we get home
    TIDY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They got bells but are seldom heard cos loads of pedestrians wear headphones and are oblivious to anything else
    They all have bells in Amsterdam luckily, I would have come back with some serious injuries if they hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I wear all the clothing you mention I also have a bell . The fact so many people cycle now is amazing.
    Just finished doing coast to coast in Majorca this afternoon it was an outstanding way to spend a week and see a side of Majorca very few will have . Not a football top in site till we got to Alcudia today .Most of the drivers here are very respectful towards cyclists unlike the U.K. where cyclists appear to be targets to idiots in their cars who appear to try and get as close as possible or shout abuse out of their windows then speed off showing they are really big brave idiots . There are two sides to every story , I don't agree with cyclist riding two abreast and blocking the traffic , I also drive a car , I know how annoying it can be .
    I am going to cycle 200 miles with Cardiff City Development raising money to help underpriveliged and less able Cardiff people get access to sport . I shall be wearing Lycra and have my cleats on . Hope our group doesnt offend to many on here ?
    You've just reminded me of one I missed.... "never their fault"

Good luck on your ride and fundraising

I wear all the clothing you mention I also have a bell . The fact so many people cycle now is amazing.
    Just finished doing coast to coast in Majorca this afternoon it was an outstanding way to spend a week and see a side of Majorca very few will have . Not a football top in site till we got to Alcudia today .Most of the drivers here are very respectful towards cyclists unlike the U.K. where cyclists appear to be targets to idiots in their cars who appear to try and get as close as possible or shout abuse out of their windows then speed off showing they are really big brave idiots . There are two sides to every story , I don't agree with cyclist riding two abreast and blocking the traffic , I also drive a car , I know how annoying it can be .
    I am going to cycle 200 miles with Cardiff City Development raising money to help underpriveliged and less able Cardiff people get access to sport . I shall be wearing Lycra and have my cleats on . Hope our group doesnt offend to many on here ?
    Your group are fabulous with there charitable work , however we are talking about others not abiding by road rules , as its about everyone's safety, its not about Lycra its about attitude and lack of care .

When your travelling slow via bus lanes, roundabout, junctions and traffic lights or elderly ,children and wheelchair/push chair users using safe pavement, we should not have to worry , jump out, or swerve and brake ,remembering the fact we may be carrying children or the elderly.

My wife and I and our grandchild were walking home last night with a pram and were nearly hit last night on a pavement in North Cardiff , around pm ,just by the village barbers ,we had no chance, as we were coming around a corner and had no sight of the loon , had moment on his cycle,, he now knows the road rules and my views , he wasn't a child or a yob , he was a middle aged business type ,30 something man. ??

Suddenly breaking and swerve to avoid a cyclist ,or having to step off a pavement because folk not abiding by road /street rules ,is unacceptable , there are good and bad in all life , cyclist or car ,however I am noticing a rise in cyclist with bad almost two fingers in air attitudes ,worse of those are wound up people going to and from work driving in anger or running late,whilst the roads are equally busy .

Is wonderful you and your group are raising money for such a a just cause not many car users do the same , hopefully you can understand others views, and share our views with your fellow cyclists, to avoid tragedies /anger on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    They all have bells in Amsterdam luckily, I would have come back with some serious injuries if they hadn't.
    yes i was hit, bell and all , its not cyclists v cars , sometimes its cyclist speeding v pedestrians , ringing a bell means you have to jump out o of the way or else , they never seem to stop ,its bit one sided I think,to PC to take on because of congestion worries .

I think bike fines as you have with car fines is needed urgently , as its sounds the leader of the Cardiff councils solution to the next fives years peoples growth , is cycles and walking ,power to the infirm .

I think they should put Nato style fences all around North Cardiff and also get the bomb squads to shut all roads while they check the drains as well. I reckon they should put them big yellow metal things they had to get into town on all the main roads as well.

Also no one without a valid cycle number on their shirt should be allowed into any of the pubs with in a mile of the route as well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your group are fabulous with there charitable work , however we are talking about others not abiding by road rules , as its about everyone's safety, its not about Lycra its about attitude and lack of care .

When your travelling slow via bus lanes, roundabout, junctions and traffic lights or elderly ,children and wheelchair/push chair users using safe pavement, we should not have to worry , jump out, or swerve and brake ,remembering the fact we may be carrying children or the elderly.

My wife and I and our grandchild were walking home last night with a pram and were nearly hit last night on a pavement in North Cardiff , around pm ,just by the village barbers ,we had no chance, as we were coming around a corner and had no sight of the loon , had moment on his cycle,, he now knows the road rules and my views , he wasn't a child or a yob , he was a middle aged business type ,30 something man. ??

Suddenly breaking and swerve to avoid a cyclist ,or having to step off a pavement because folk not abiding by road /street rules ,is unacceptable , there are good and bad in all life , cyclist or car ,however I am noticing a rise in cyclist with bad almost two fingers in air attitudes ,worse of those are wound up people going to and from work driving in anger or running late,whilst the roads are equally busy .

Is wonderful you and your group are raising money for such a a just cause not many car users do the same , hopefully you can understand others views, and share our views with your fellow cyclists, to avoid tragedies /anger on both sides
    You are singling out a few idiots , I cycle with a group of Jacks on a Sunday ,they are absolutely respectful of other cyclists ,pedestrians and cars on the road . Believe it or not there is a code when cycling in a group and it is to show respect to others on the road/ cycle paths .
    I am fairly sure it is illegal to cycle on the pavement ? Take a photo and pass on to the relevant authorities .
    There are a few on here who are really down on cyclists , what better way for an old geezer like myself to keep fit and enjoy the outdoors?
    The wankers who don't give cyclists a decent amount of space on the road will do a lot more damage than some knob who doesn't have a bell .

I look quite fetching in my Lycra .....

I look quite fetching in my Lycra .....
    I was with you all the way up until this claim...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    But if you'd just come out of a "coffee" shop, would you have cared?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    yes i was hit, bell and all , its not cyclists v cars , sometimes its cyclist speeding v pedestrians , ringing a bell means you have to jump out o of the way or else , they never seem to stop ,its bit one sided I think,to PC to take on because of congestion worries .

I think bike fines as you have with car fines is needed urgently , as its sounds the leader of the Cardiff councils solution to the next fives years peoples growth , is cycles and walking ,power to the infirm .
    I didn't get hit but I kept on walking out in front of them all the time, mind you, we had so many brownies I probably wouldn't have felt it if I did get hit.

Nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Nobody cares.
    Only you .

Thanks Hun .