+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adeyemi, Saadi and Gounongbe.

Adeyemi, Saadi and Gounongbe.

It's being reported on that good Ipswich website that Tom Adeyemi will be signing for them today, while Wales Online are saying that Neil Warnock will have a look at Idriss Saadi in pre season training - they still seem to think he is more likely to be playing elsewhere next season, but it seems that it won't be at Kortrijk, Gounongbe is, apparently, going there on loan this time.

Re: Adeyemi, Saadi and Gounongbe.

I always felt that inside Tom Adeyemi was a Jordon Mutch type of player hidden away, waiting to be unleashed ,maybe not ??

With regards to Idriss Saadi he certainly has power , build and good movement over the ground , is he another Zohore in the waiting , I just hope we give as much chance as we can as strikers are hard to come by ,and costly .

Fred Gounongbe just cant make him out .

Like all things this is about value for your buck, we are not in a position to wonder if a player who we overpaid for end we end up with poor performance and little appearances .

We cant really wait and wonder if he may become a better player , for so long we have had players like this on our books going back to Malky days , where manager after manager has taken for granted Tans purse ,without getting value for our buck .

A good manager is someone who doesn't succumb to overpaying , avoids being sucked into agents chatter , and doesn't end up with under performance and debt .

Based on the very short amount of time we saw him, I hope we are able to give Saadi a chance next season as he looked very capable to me. He'd complement Zohore nicely as he was quick and powerful too.

Fingers crossed he doesn't get injured this season...

Hope Idriss take this chance. Again in the limited amount I've seen him, and videos of him out in Belgium, he looks a quick powerful striker, I doubt we could get any better for free this year. Got a good feeling about him under Warnock. Another Zohore maybe?

Always felt Adeyemi looked a decent footballer, but lacking that motivation and effort at times. He's out of contract so he will be gone definitely. Shame as I'm sure as a pair he and Huws could do a good job for a side in this division.

As for Fred, well, the time I've seen him for us he has been utterly average. Can we get him to improve and perform ? I'm not so sure. Although the same could be said of Zohore before his run of form. I think fred be gone out on Loan, and we won't se him again in a city shirt.

Lambert is the one that bothers me most. We just not getting the value out of him and his high wages. Im open a well of Championship club come in looking for an experienced target man so we can get him off the wage bill.

For the brief amount of time I saw Saadi in action, I thought he looked great, hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Hope Idriss take this chance. Again in the limited amount I've seen him, and videos of him out in Belgium, he looks a quick powerful striker, I doubt we could get any better for free this year. Got a good feeling about him under Warnock. Another Zohore maybe?

Always felt Adeyemi looked a decent footballer, but lacking that motivation and effort at times. He's out of contract so he will be gone definitely. Shame as I'm sure as a pair he and Huws could do a good job for a side in this division.

As for Fred, well, the time I've seen him for us he has been utterly average. Can we get him to improve and perform ? I'm not so sure. Although the same could be said of Zohore before his run of form. I think fred be gone out on Loan, and we won't se him again in a city shirt.

Lambert is the one that bothers me most. We just not getting the value out of him and his high wages. Im open a well of Championship club come in looking for an experienced target man so we can get him off the wage bill.

We should find out soon enough if Adeyemi signs for Ispwich as seems very likely.

I love the wording on this report from the reliably awful HITC:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/30...ty-for-fierce/

'The 25-year-old.... ....has decided to leave Cardiff with his contract expiring'.

As if it was his decision he is leaving the club! Not wanted and not offered a new contract is more accurate.

c'mon Idriss.

Why not give Saadi a chance, we can always loan him out in January

Adeyemi is a done deal, Ipswich on a 2 year contract

Adeyemi put in one of the most paths, disinterested performances I've ever seen for City in our 3-0 thrashing by Bournemouth in the cup.

He flattered to deceive with the odd half decent game here and there but mostly looked like the game would pass him by.

Good energy, when he could be arsed, but nothing special in terms of passing, tackling or creating.
    No big loss.

Fred- let's see what he does with a run of games in Belgium, but I think he's played his last for us.

Saadi looked like he had something during his brief cameo here, so glad NW is going to have another look. As others have said, he's quick, strong and knows where the net is. Could be perfect cover or even partner for Zohore.

He at least gives us another option.

Lambert, he's at most a bench option now. But if fit it's handy to have a big target man to bring on toward the end to hold the ball up and be a threat from crossed and set pieces.

Expensive just for this though, so I guess we'd be better off moving him on.

However, it's a shame as I had big hopes for him and he has shown glimpses of real quality, certainly away at Villa Newcastle, Forest and Rotherham and also against Huddersfield and Bristol City at home. When Warnock first came here, he had Lambert starting until he got injured at Forest and then brought him back in desperation before he'd recovered properly and then he got buyers again. So I feel some of the criticism is unduly harsh.
    Question is - can he stay fit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Adeyemi put in one of the most paths, disinterested performances I've ever seen for City in our 3-0 thrashing by Bournemouth in the cup.

He flattered to deceive with the odd half decent game here and there but mostly looked like the game would pass him by.

Good energy, when he could be arsed, but nothing special in terms of passing, tackling or creating.
    No big loss.

Fred- let's see what he does with a run of games in Belgium, but I think he's played his last for us.

Saadi looked like he had something during his brief cameo here, so glad NW is going to have another look. As others have said, he's quick, strong and knows where the net is. Could be perfect cover or even partner for Zohore.

He at least gives us another option.

Lambert, he's at most a bench option now. But if fit it's handy to have a big target man to bring on toward the end to hold the ball up and be a threat from crossed and set pieces.

Expensive just for this though, so I guess we'd be better off moving him on.

However, it's a shame as I had big hopes for him and he has shown glimpses of real quality, certainly away at Villa Newcastle, Forest and Rotherham and also against Huddersfield and Bristol City at home. When Warnock first came here, he had Lambert starting until he got injured at Forest and then brought him back in desperation before he'd recovered properly and then he got buyers again. So I feel some of the criticism is unduly harsh.
    Question is - can he stay fit ?
    Agreed Lambert hasn't lost his touch , it's a pity he has lost the legs and heart required for running . Hard to be effective in a game of football when running isn't your forte even with his talent .

There , that should kick start his career nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Agreed Lambert hasn't lost his touch , it's a pity he has lost the legs and heart required for running . Hard to be effective in a game of football when running isn't your forte even with his talent .

There , that should kick start his career nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post