+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Naby Keita

Naby Keita

Rumoured to be off to Liverpool for around 70 million.
    Football stats guys have been hyping this player for a few years now and looks like the big clubs are waking up to that.
    Apparently he's an immense attacking midfielder and equally good as a defensive midfielder.
    Redbud franchise picked him up for just over a million a few years ago. Tgey seem to have a real knack of identifying young talent.

Re: Naby Keita

There are quite a few multi-multi-million pound players these days I hope fall flat on their arse, so as to embarrass the buying club for spending those many millions on a flop.

Mbappe is another who I cannot see fulfilling his 70-million-plus price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    There are quite a few multi-multi-million pound players these days I hope fall flat on their arse, so as to embarrass the buying club for spending those many millions on a flop.

Let's be honest football fees are 10 x over inflated due to the Sky T.V money. This is filtering its way down to the Championship which is why I'm hopeful if we do sell Zohore we may get close to £10m.

Kenny Dalglish was sold to Liverpool in 1977 for £440,000. That transfer would be the equivalent on £19.1m these days and he was one of the greats,

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

Have you watched him?

Barring a nasty injury that effects his pace he is nailed on to be a success. The boy oozes class and is 18!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Have you watched him?

Barring a nasty injury that effects his pace he is nailed on to be a success. The boy oozes class and is 18!!
    Mbappe is class, probably not worth the 100m price tag they've slapped on him, but certainly an elite player at the age of 18 so that's what you'd expect. There is risk there though as he's only had one break out season.
    Keita is a generational talent though and in today's market 70 million doesn't seem unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Mbappe is class, probably not worth the 100m price tag they've slapped on him, but certainly an elite player at the age of 18 so that's what you'd expect. There is risk there though as he's only had one break out season.
    Keita is a generational talent though and in today's market 70 million doesn't seem unreasonable.
    The price of Mbappe is pretty reasonable in the scheme of things as ridiculous as that seems. The buyer can get 5 years service from the lad and no doubt double their money the way the market is due to his current age.

As regards Keita, as good as he clearly is, "a generational talent" is probably a line his agent would use and few others. RP Leipzig are certainly doing things right with youth development.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    The price of Mbappe is pretty reasonable in the scheme of things as ridiculous as that seems. The buyer can get 5 years service from the lad and no doubt double their money the way the market is due to his current age.

As regards Keita, as good as he clearly is, "a generational talent" is probably a line his agent would use and few others. RP Leipzig are certainly doing things right with youth development.
    I honestly think keita will be up there with the best in the world very shortly. He is an absolute monster in defence and attack.

I honestly think keita will be up there with the best in the world very shortly. He is an absolute monster in defence and attack.
    Keita for 70m makes 80m for Pogba a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I disagree.

I disagree.
    Keita has had one good season, Pogba is a superstar who is a marketing dream. Still, spending £70/80m on a centre mid is lunacy.

I'll take your word for it. Can't say I've seen as much of him as you clearly have.

On a separate note I'd be reluctant to buy African players anyway if there was a viable alternative. Losing key players for 2 months of the season every other season is a pain in the proverbial

Mbappe is on another level and will win the Balon D'or by the time he's 22

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Keita v Pogba in a Liverpool-United derby would be a great midfield battle to watch

Keita scored 8 goals and grabbed 8 assists in his first season in the Bundesliga for Leipzig, which isn't far off Pogba's best return (8 goals and 13 assists in 15/16) and is far better than Pogba's first seasons for both Juventus and Manchester United

Generational talent may be a bit much and obviously stats don't tell us everything but based off them £70m for Keita seems a better deal than the £90m United paid for Pogba

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Mbappe is on another level and will win the Balon D'or by the time he's 22
    BOOKMARKED!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    BOOKMARKED!!
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    BOOKMARKED!!
    I was going to say and probably right, but I see Gringo's got here before me!

Renato Sanches was sold for 35 million euros rising to 80 million just two years ago.

That's gone well so far hasn't it!!

Remeber that 18 year old Owen lad scoring in the World Cup v Argies.
    Always felt his career slowed after 24 ish

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Remeber that 18 year old Owen lad scoring in the World Cup v Argies.
    Always felt his career slowed after 24 ish
    When he moved to real Madrid?

Didn’t PSG agree a price if €165 million for him last year, then took him on loan for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bump