+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lions

Re: Lions

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    shut it you pair of willy botherers. come back to me when your tem can beat the ozzies.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    he's thick as mince

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    he's thick as mince
    your a wankpuffin pal. grow up.

you are a knob tbf.

Blog Entries

Do you have a book of random insults?

Calling someone a wankpuffin then telling them to grow up, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Calling someone a wankpuffin then telling them to grow up, well done.
    you can eat my morning shite as weĺl.

****ing nobber.

****ing nobber.
    how old are you 11

****ing nobber.
    Get to bed you orange ****.

Glad I popped back in here to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Glad I popped back in here to have a look.
    Groe up u wankpuffin

I'm glad this egg thread has descended into an insult-fest. Egging, along with equestrianism, rivals cricket for the most boring sport ever invented. But whether they're yawn inspiring or not they fall under the heading of Weapons of Mass Distraction. Come join us at the Politics Forum to learn why you have been suckered into believing sports are important when they are anything but.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p057jyj7

Agree completely with Graham Henry here. Once every four years, I'd scrap the boring autumn international programme and have a four test Lions series with games in London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Dublin against one of South Africa, Australia and New Zealand - I'm sure it would be far more popular than what we have now.

Now that Organ Morgan has contributed, then this can officially be called an egg thread.
    For someone who professes to hate rugby, the little tinker appears in every rugby thread on here.
    I can't stand cricket, so I avoid the cricket threads like the plague. Why don't you avoid the rugby threads Organ ???

We're right in this. Shame we haven't taken advantage of the sinbin though..

drawn series, fair, Lions had the grit AB a bit extra in attack,

Breathless stuff.
    Well played Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Agree completely with Graham Henry here. Once every four years, I'd scrap the boring autumn international programme and have a four test Lions series with games in London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Dublin against one of South Africa, Australia and New Zealand - I'm sure it would be far more popular than what we have now.
    - 6 nations
    - Autumn Internationals
    - Summer tour
    - (Lions or World Cup)

I don't think cutting out the Autumn internationals for Lions makes sense given how little international rugby there is. I don't think it makes sense to make it a tour of the UK as part of the challenge, and fun, is going on tour and trying to gel a team together which can compete with the Southern Hemisphere. Perhaps you can rotate as they do with the Ryder Cup.

A draw today was the correct result to the game and fair reflection on the test series.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm glad this egg thread has descended into an insult-fest. Egging, along with equestrianism, rivals cricket for the most boring sport ever invented. But whether they're yawn inspiring or not they fall under the heading of Weapons of Mass Distraction. Come join us at the Politics Forum to learn why you have been suckered into believing sports are important when they are anything but.
    I've been to new zealand for the past 3 weeks on the piss.

Gutting.

Yep cant disagree with that, id go further and make the six nations bi - annually ,that would make the world cup a better attraction and stop these insular home grown tournaments, and create a global sport , the number of blinkered Welsh fans who think they are the greatest team ever because they have won an friendly or six nations tournament is madness,its on a par with the English press when they top their qualifying groups .

Anyway lets lets all think about the City now,no Brexit , no election ( i hope ) no Lions ,all that left is Cricket and weather ,Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    - 6 nations
    - Autumn Internationals
    - Summer tour
    - (Lions or World Cup)

I don't think cutting out the Autumn internationals for Lions makes sense given how little international rugby there is. I don't think it makes sense to make it a tour of the UK as part of the challenge, and fun, is going on tour and trying to gel a team together which can compete with the Southern Hemisphere. Perhaps you can rotate as they do with the Ryder Cup.

A draw today was the correct result to the game and fair reflection on the test series.
    A remarkable result imo.
    I genuinely thought it was going to be painful viewing today but will gladly take being proved so wrong.
    Still think that the AB's left far too many points go but credit to every one of the Lions for gaining a remarkable result (based on pre tour predictions) and contributing to an enthralling test series.

The problem then is that the four countries only have one game each. They won't give up their four pointles Autumn money spinners whatever the merits of your suggestion.

Enjoyed that. AB's unusually not taking their chances and Lions showing grit to stay in it. Could have nicked it too. Can't fault the effort and desire shown by both teams. The egg can be good to watch when played in that spirit.

The spirit on and off the field was excellent and I think it's brilliant the way the players wander around for ages afterwards signing stuff and posing for selfies. Not something we see generally but fans who've spent a shedful travelling halfway around the world deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    - 6 nations
    - Autumn Internationals
    - Summer tour
    - (Lions or World Cup)

Maybe it's me, but the autumn internationals bore me rigid and I think if they were replaced once every four years by a Lions series, it would be a huge success - I'm not sure rotating home and away would work because the Lions only tour South Africa, Australia and New Zealand once every twelve years as it is.

The best game of rugby I've seen bar none was in 1972 when the Barbarians beat the All Blacks in Cardiff after having won a four match series 2-1 over there six months earlier. Usually, Baabaa's match against touring sides were considered something of a jolly with a smattering of players from outside the British Isles being included, but this game was treated very much as a fifth test match with the home side being made up of British players - it was fantastic to see the British side win pretty convincingly by playing a typical Baabaa's style of rugby.

I wouldn't expect a modern Lions v New Zealand game played in this country to reproduce the thrills and spills of forty five years ago, but there'd be far more intensity and meaning to the games than, say, yet another Wales v Australia autumn international at a two thirds full Millennium Stadium.

As for today's game, I'd say that for the second consecutive Saturday the All Blacks must be thinking "how do we not win that?" - the only time I thought we might score a try ended up with Owen Farrell (immaculate with his place kicking, but very patchy otherwise) throwing an interception pass which had Lions man of the series Johnathan Davies performing miracles to prevent a score at the other end of the pitch.

Nevertheless, if the Lions needed luck to achieve the result they did, they certainly earned it and I hope and trust any flatness they may feel after not winning the series will soon disappear when what they have done truly sinks in - the All Blacks were strong in the early seventies and it was a terrific achievement by the Lions to go there and win, but when you consider what the modern day Lions were up against, I'd say that a drawn series in 2017 matches the winning one in 1971.