+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lions

Lions

All blacks have had a man sent off. Huge opportunity now, but they need to cut out the errors.

Re: Lions

Don't know why they bother

Great effort from Faletau there, back in this

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Don't know why they bother
    Hold that thought

The commentators are getting on my tits, 47 mins they say Lions are huge favourites, 49 mins it's NZ who suddenly are. Crap, even at 14 do not underestimate them, I thought they would have learned that by now.

They've done it here lads

Squeaked that one. Need to give 90% fewer pelanties away next week.

I think today proved we wont beat them 15v15 very fortunate today can see an hiding coming next week

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think today proved we wont beat them 15v15 very fortunate today can see an hiding coming next week
    Showed a lot of guts there.
    The hoodoo is broken and the Lions can take heart from today so not over yet.
    A lot will depend on the ref's interpretation, as it always does in rugby which I find the most frustrating thing watching it.

Great for the fans out there though. A week of bragging rights

Brilliant try by Faletau, dipped his shoulder and went low making it hard for the defender to stop him, most players would have been bundled into touch.

We both lucky and again worryingly riddled with error s, think I would go home now befroe they get beat up next week lol

I listened to the game and will watch the highlights on S4C tonight. The impression I got was that the Lions struggled to cope with the "advantage" of playing against fourteen for about half an hour after the sending off before scoring a try completely out of the blue. I've heard a lot of stuff about the Lions needing to be well clear going into the last twenty minutes because it was the strength in depth on the All Blacks bench which made all the difference last week. Obviously, having a man extra helped, but the Lions came from nine points back today and have to have been boosted for next week - truth is though, it was probably Barrett's poor kicking that won the game for them and a 2-1 All Blacks win still seems a far more likely outcome to me than a 2-1 Lions win..

was an exciting game and thought we got a bit lucky but sets it up nicely next week . one thing i have noticed on social media and message boards not too many scottish people supporting the lions !

Was a good win and the biggest positive from the game will be the belief the squad can take that the AB's can be beaten at home.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Was a good win and the biggest positive from the game will be the belief the squad can take that the AB's can be beaten at home.
    ^^^ this all day long, the aura has been removed, suddenly we are the side scoring tries

To be far the Lions were more expansive ,All Blacks didn't really look like crossing the line ,resorted to long wide kicks to the wings,the times the All Blacks look unsure is when the Lions are in their 25 throwing the ball around , I think that part of the game is their weakness , as not many teams get near their line too often , therefore a little inexperience creeps into their game , when we try and ruck and maul in the middle of the filed they love it.

I dont know much about rugger , its just what I see in the big games like this ?

They must practice for hours doing the basics , to avoid errors ,something we should consider as the physicality arguments of old have gone somewhat ?

Totally deserved red:

Really dangerous by SWB. Fully deserved and definitely won't be back next week

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Really dangerous by SWB. Fully deserved and definitely won't be back next week
    even SBW

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    even SBW
    Him too

First all black to be sent off in a test for 50 years. Considering their dirty style, it's remarkable - but then not surprising as they always have the ref in their pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    All blacks have had a man sent off. Huge opportunity now, but they need to cut out the errors.
    Who? When? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Totally deserved red:

First time I have seen this. Out and out thuggery.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    First all black to be sent off in a test for 50 years. Considering their dirty style, it's remarkable - but then not surprising as they always have the ref in their pocket.
    Im sure the commentator said it's the first sending off in home games for that long..

Well done Lions.

It's going to get tough now ;)