Thread: Geraint Thomas

Geraint Thomas

Chapeau young man

Re: Geraint Thomas

More lycra clad bloody cyclists

More lyrical bloodclaart lists

Well done Geraint at least we saw you in the yellow jersey at the end, but FA in the time trial thanks to ITV4

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Well done Geraint at least we saw you in the yellow jersey at the end, but FA in the time trial thanks to ITV4
    Don't think that was ITVs fault. Blame the French tv director.

Fabulous achievement for Geraint Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Don't think that was ITVs fault. Blame the French tv director.

Fabulous achievement for Geraint Thomas
    Indeed. ITV simply take the feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Indeed. ITV simply take the feeds.
    One Whitchurch High School boy captains the Lions to a win against the All Blacks in New Zealand.

On the same day another Whitchurch High School boy takes the yellow jersey in the Tour de France, the first ever Welshman to do so.

A third Whitchurch High School boy is Gareth Bale.

Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    More lycra clad bloody cyclists
    Didn't have a bell on his bike , didnt stop at any junctions . Spoiling it for decent cyclists .

I did wonder if he had slept in for today's race .Hardly got a mention today despite wearing the yellow jersey .

Great performance, great reward for him and hopefully the first of several positive moments in this tour. Good article on Wales online about him too

He retains yellow for the start of the third day.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He retains yellow for the start of the third day.
    And the fourth

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    One Whitchurch High School boy captains the Lions to a win against the All Blacks in New Zealand.

On the same day another Whitchurch High School boy takes the yellow jersey in the Tour de France, the first ever Welshman to do so.

Not bad.

And indeed, two Cardiff racers in team Sky - Luke Rowe is out there too.

Good to see the dirty Slovakian banned.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

Not bad.

Don't forget Chris Pike (& Dai Hunt) went to WHS as well!

I also played in same football team at WHS as Jeremy Warburton (Sam's father to be) who was very talented.

Think I saw the stat that only 7 other Brits have worn yellow in the tour. Froome and Wiggins clearly ahead, I'd expect broadman to be as well, but in number of days where does G sit? Presumably already ahead of Cavendish.

Think I saw the stat that only 7 other Brits have worn yellow in the tour. Froome and Wiggins clearly ahead, I'd expect broadman to be as well, but in number of days where does G sit? Presumably already ahead of Cavendish.
    He's behind Froome (44), Wiggins (14) and Boardman (6) but ahead of David Millar (3), Tommy Simpson, Cav and Sean Yates (all on 1). David Millar also wore the polka dot, green and white jerseys in the Tour as well as the leader's jersey in the Giro and the Vuelta. Show off.

https://roadcyclinguk.com/racing/yel...c1xCYDhMt67.97

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    He's behind Froome (44), Wiggins (14) and Boardman (6) but ahead of David Millar (3), Tommy Simpson, Cav and Sean Yates (all on 1). David Millar also wore the polka dot, green and white jerseys in the Tour as well as the leader's jersey in the Giro and the Vuelta. Show off.

https://roadcyclinguk.com/racing/yel...c1xCYDhMt67.97
    Well that's an excellent answer. It's unlikely that he moves up any further (he's likely to have his last day tomorrow) but 4th place in that list is not bad at all. He's the coolest out of all of them too.

Well that's an excellent answer. It's unlikely that he moves up any further (he's likely to have his last day tomorrow) but 4th place in that list is not bad at all. He's the coolest out of all of them too.
    He's a top man but surely 'cool Arsenal fan' is an oxymoron.

Not a bad bunch all in all. Cav and Froome are the best at what they do, Millar and Boardman have turned into good pundits too. Millar's running commentary on how well Cav was reading the finish today was amazing, I've no idea how he did that. So much going on but he still had time to appreciate Cav's incredible instinct for getting on the right wheel in those situations. Boardman's assessment of the crash was spot-on I think, it wasn't quite as black and white as it seemed at the time and Sagan is probably unlucky to be thrown out. I wonder if Geraint will move into tv when he retires? He's got the personality for it.

Good race so far, won't be quite the same without Cav and Sagan (and without G in yellow) but I'll be following it all the same. Great sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    He's a top man but surely 'cool Arsenal fan' is an oxymoron.

Not a bad bunch all in all. Cav and Froome are the best at what they do, Millar and Boardman have turned into good pundits too. Millar's running commentary on how well Cav was reading the finish today was amazing, I've no idea how he did that. So much going on but he still had time to appreciate Cav's incredible instinct for getting on the right wheel in those situations. Boardman's assessment of the crash was spot-on I think, it wasn't quite as black and white as it seemed at the time and Sagan is probably unlucky to be thrown out. I wonder if Geraint will move into tv when he retires? He's got the personality for it.

Good race so far, won't be quite the same without Cav and Sagan (and without G in yellow) but I'll be following it all the same. Great sport.
    It's difficult to get away from the deliberate flick with the elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's difficult to get away from the deliberate flick with the elbow.
    ^^^^this Sagan has gone down in my estimation, firstly for his action but even more so for trying to defend it, if he's reinstated it's a farce. Similar to vettel. Deliberate action but the perpetrators see no wrong

Geraint hands the yellow jersey over to Froome. It was good while it lasted.

Barring accidents - or assaults - Froome will probably go on to win this again.

What a brave and talented sportsman Thomas is. In a different era he would receive so much more credit but with Froome and Wiggins around he hasn't received the kudos he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What a brave and talented sportsman Thomas is. In a different era he would receive so much more credit but with Froome and Wiggins around he hasn't received the kudos he deserves.
    Together with the fact he is Welsh and not English - or adopted English

Some nice words from fellow tour' name: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.tim...8%3fsource=dam

Might be a more interesting tour if geraint was on another team; where he would struggle to match froome in the mountain cobbles and flats and time trials would make it interesting.