+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jonny Williams ?

Jonny Williams ?

Could be worth a look at a loan deal ? He's the type of player we are looking for. Not likely to get much game time at Palace.

Re: Jonny Williams ?

If he wasn't Welsh, would we even be interested

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Could be worth a look at a loan deal ? He's the type of player we are looking for. Not likely to get much game time at Palace.
    I could hardly think of anyone less suited to Warnock's style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If he wasn't Welsh, would we even be interested
    If he wasn't Welsh I'd doubt many on the board would know that much bout him

BUT, an injury free Jonny Williams would probably be our best attacking-midfield option

Admittedly, he sprung to mind after watching the Don't take me home documentary on BT sport the other night. He just seems to fulfill the position we are looking to fill , and he would be an available option for us.

We'd get a maximum of 10 games a season from him, decent player but no thanks.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with fans wanting welsh players to play for a welsh club.

My concern is we don't have a proper set piece taker anymore so that would be my target

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I was surprised to see how little he has played. Makes it even stranger that Crystal Palace gave him a new contract in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I was surprised to see how little he has played. Makes it even stranger that Crystal Palace gave him a new contract in June.
    Not really that strange, his agent would have been working really hard with the club to get him a new contract because there was no manager in place at the time.
    Great bit of business by his agent, can't see him getting any game time for Palace this year and will probably be another injury prone loan to a Champ club. He's got talent but he's got Collison written all over him unfortunately.

Not really that strange, his agent would have been working really hard with the club to get him a new contract because there was no manager in place at the time.
    Great bit of business by his agent, can't see him getting any game time for Palace this year and will probably be another injury prone loan to a Champ club. He's got talent but he's got Collison written all over him unfortunately.
    He's not as good as Collison was either. His biggest issue is that he plays with his head down, which is why he holds onto the ball so often but then again, probably why he draws so many fouls.

You're not usually this negative. I hope that he suits the Dutch style of football and therefore has more opportunities in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    You're not usually this negative. I hope that he suits the Dutch style of football and therefore has more opportunities in the premier league.
    I love Jonny and he's a good player when in form but that's only 10% of each season. It's a shame but can't see a prolonged career at the top for him.