+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We are not on the Tele thread

We are not on the Tele thread

One of the few clubs not being featured.
    They never choose well so we will be fantastic and have a 100% record by mid September.

Re: We are not on the Tele thread

They definitely have their favourites. We haven't done that bad in the past, I feel sorry for some of the clubs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They definitely have their favourites. We haven't done that bad in the past, I feel sorry for some of the clubs in the league.
    They pick the clubs guaranteed to get viewing figures, therefore Leeds and Villa are obvious picks. We're not exactly popular outside of South Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They pick the clubs guaranteed to get viewing figures, therefore Leeds and Villa are obvious picks. We're not exactly popular outside of South Wales!
    Were you been? We're not popular in South Wales

Who actually wants to watch Leeds though?

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    I can imagine the suits at Sky...

"All Welsh people must follow Swansea these days, after all, they are in the Premier League.
    Nobody will care about the other leagues, will they"

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post

To be fair we used to get a good share of games a few years ago when we kept near missing promotion..

Glad we aren't on telly. Silly kick off times ,ruined travel plans , pathetic pundits , spoiled weekends.

All for something for Rupert Bear to put in front of a load of plastics. Stick it !

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Who actually wants to watch Leeds though?
    Leeds fans. If you casually watch Championship football, you'll watch whatever's put in front of you. I wouldn't tune off because it's one team but I wouldn't make an effort to watch any side other than us.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

To be fair we used to get a good share of games a few years ago when we kept near missing promotion..
    Or when we played great football. Our fan base is contained to one area, whereas Leeds and Villa will have glory supporters all over.

Or when we played great football. Our fan base is contained to one area, whereas Leeds and Villa will have glory supporters all over.
    A long time since either of those teams had any real glory.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

When we were much more entertaining to watch....

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I can imagine the suits at Sky...

"All Welsh people must follow Swansea these days, after all, they are in the Premier League.
    Nobody will care about the other leagues, will they"
    More like the unattractive style of football that Warnock plays. It's hardly pulling in crowds to CCS, so I'm not expecting it to excite Sky either. Especially in a league where other clubs are spending 20 million euros on players.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Glad we aren't on telly. Silly kick off times ,ruined travel plans , pathetic pundits , spoiled weekends.

All for something for Rupert Bear to put in front of a load of plastics. Stick it !
    This.

We'll be on twice when we play Weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    More like the unattractive style of football that Warnock plays. It's hardly pulling in crowds to CCS, so I'm not expecting it to excite Sky either. Especially in a league where other clubs are spending 20 million euros on players.
    I like football played a certain way and City don't tend to play that way these days, but I must say that the average home game under Warnock has been a lot more entertaining than anything we tended to get from our last three, probably four, managers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

This

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    When we were much more entertaining to watch....
    I have to agree that we were awful to watch post-Jones and this may have something to do with why we aren't on tv. That said, Warnock has brought back the excitement and we seem to guarantee goals and goal mouth incident.

My guess is that we will get our fair share (Villa and Leeds excepted) as NW is such an emotive character and great for the viewing public and tv pundits alike, like him or not.
    When the league table starts sorting itself out and our neil starts to become more animated, hopefully we are in the mix ar the top end, I reckon we will get more airtime.

Personally, similar to others, I'd rather us just go about our business without any hype, critical analysis, propaganda or whatever you might like to call it from the tv "experts".

I think Warnock has made us More entertaining. Even if the football isn't as good, the games are exciting. Always goals and plenty of goal attempts.