+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Webhosts

Webhosts

I am learning Web Design and would like to get the pages i create up online. I have been looking at 000webhost.com but would really appreciate any help from forum members who has their own sites online and give their opinion of the best webhosting packages. Thanks

Re: Webhosts

I use Fast Hosts (who were trading as Streamline). As I understand it, one of the most important aspects of choosing web -hosting is the amount of 'downtime'. My sites are never off-line. I find them fairly reasonable. They offer a variety of other services too, including domains.

Best of luck understanding their web-site though. I need a glossary.

I use one.com cheap and ideal. And Storminternet, bit more expensive, still cheap, far faster hosting.

Hi Cyclops and Barry Dragon
    I am finding the whole experience of choosing a web hosting package very confusing, especially when companies can offer cheap deals only to find that with hidden extras the package deal costs a lot more than the stated initial price. Big thanks for your replies. I shall have a look at the webhosting packages you mentioned. Cheers!

while many claim to have zero downtime, they will, it will be when you are asleep and only for a few mins, but it happens

my advice when doing a website, look for a domain name company that you can trust and is easy enough to point in the direction of you sites hosts, that way, when the host does mess you about / disappear / have issues, its a simple process to point your domain name in another direction

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I am learning Web Design and would like to get the pages i create up online. I have been looking at 000webhost.com but would really appreciate any help from forum members who has their own sites online and give their opinion of the best webhosting packages. Thanks
    I sell hosting. There's quite a few CCMBers with websites hosted on my servers. For £25 a year I'll set you up with a hosting package, unlimited space and bandwidth, no hidden fees, I'll set it up for you along with any email addresses you want and you'll have an actual human being to talk to any time you need advice.

My advice is don't be directed by price alone.

Quality hosting will have an impact on your SEO, so crucial to get right

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I sell hosting. There's quite a few CCMBers with websites hosted on my servers. For £25 a year I'll set you up with a hosting package, unlimited space and bandwidth, no hidden fees, I'll set it up for you along with any email addresses you want and you'll have an actual human being to talk to any time you need advice.
    Missus on the phones?

Seriously, how do your servers cope when BB is down?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Seriously, how do your servers cope when BB is down?
    Its fairly common for resellers just have space on a server in a data center and resell some of the space, i used to do it, so it might not be dependant on his BB