+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Malone

Banned

Re: Scott Malone

The manager who brought him to CCFC had a good eye for a quality player, or was it the owner who found him? mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    The manager who brought him to CCFC had a good eye for a quality player, or was it the owner who found him? mmm

I liked Malone. Took a lot of stick before he came to us, still is, and didn't seem to let it affect his performances.
    He has kicked on since he left us (not least due to the very negative way of playing whilst here ).
    I think he'd do okay in the premiership but, as with anybody, will need the right players around him in order to reach his potential.

£100k is all Slade paid for him, Trollope preferred declan john to malone so we swapped him for the "supposed" welsh international Jazz??
    Malone went to a well managed club and may have shown enough to get his prem opportunity and Fulham get a decent fee..............and we have Declan and Jazz!!!

The manager who brought him to CCFC had a good eye for a quality player,
    From the UK, Slade brought in Malone, Revell, Peltier, O'Keefe, Doyle, Kennedy and McAleny. Watt, Ameobi and Lawrence can be added to the list for 2015/16.

I was always surprised at the stick Malone got, I thought he was a decent full back.

When our idiot fans make you a scapegoat though there's usually no coming back.

Slade brought Malone to the club and it had nothing to do with Tan but he didn't bring Zohore to the club, that was Tan.

If you go through my posts you'll find that i said the same when Zohore was shit!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Slade brought Malone to the club and it had nothing to do with Tan but he didn't bring Zohore to the club, that was Tan.

If you go through my posts you'll find that i said the same when Zohore was shit!

Don't talk so stupid, why would a very busy business man who knows fa about football sign a player who had only scored 17 goals in 5 years?
    Oh I know his mother told him.

Don't talk so stupid, why would a very busy business man who knows fa about football sign a player who had only scored 17 goals in 5 years?
    Oh I know his mother told him.
    No mate he has often listened to the advice of agents in getting players in.

I know Jorge Mendes had his ear at one time (not sure if still does).

I believe Mendes was instrumental in the signing of Velikonja.

Do you honestly think Slade signed Saadi and Zohore?

To give Slade a break as well mind, i don't believe he had anything to do with the signing of Doyle.

None of Slade's signings would get a club promotion to the premier league. Zohore, Immers an Saadi were not signed by Grimsby's finest.

Malone can't defend for shit the reason he was constantly caught out was because he simply has no positional sense and just left a permanent gap at lb

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    £100k is all Slade paid for him, Trollope preferred declan john to malone so we swapped him for the "supposed" welsh international Jazz??
    Malone went to a well managed club and may have shown enough to get his prem opportunity and Fulham get a decent fee..............and we have Declan and Jazz!!!
    Are you implying that Jazz Richards, who played very well in Wales' most recent game, is not a Welsh international?

I thought Malone was decent and I'd like to give a MASSIVE WELL DONE to RUSSELL SLADE for bringing him in

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Malone can't defend for shit the reason he was constantly caught out was because he simply has no positional sense and just left a permanent gap at lb
    Maybe you should give Huddersfield a ring and warn them.

I always thought Malone was decent enough. He wasn't a great defender but Slade's rigid 4-4-2 was hardly suited to a wing back

One thing I know an Ex City player is now in the premiership and for all the experts on CCMB , managers/scouts see something we dont and lets be fair he's heading upwards not downwards , isn't he, so we may have this one wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure Whittingham played on the left much when Malone played left back, he was more of a central midfielder in those days wasn't he?

Bob, sorry to disagree with such a respected sage, but most of the time Whittingham played left midfield with Malone at left back. Every game I make a note of formation and who played in each position. That said there were some times when Ralls played left midfield.

StT.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Joe Ralls was the left sided player in front of Malone but dont let the truth get in the way of a good Whitts bashing
    Nothing to do with Whitts' bashing just noting what was happening.

StT.

Maybe you should give Huddersfield a ring and warn them.
    Huddersfield will get murdered next season anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I was always surprised at the stick Malone got, I thought he was a decent full back.

When our idiot fans make you a scapegoat though there's usually no coming back.
    Boom, we have a winner .

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Huddersfield will get murdered next season anyway
    Bit rich coming from a supporter of cardiff city who pressed the self destruct button in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Bit rich coming from a supporter of cardiff city who pressed the self destruct button in the prem.
    Cheer up chepstow, it might never happen.

I didn't realise they completed the deal yesterday, I wonder if we had a sell on clause

https://twitter.com/htafcdotcom/stat...52765490745344