+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car advice needed

Car advice needed

Been looking at SUV's and I'm trying to take into account how difficult it's going to be to maintain a vehicle over the coming years with regard to sourcing parts etc

Does anyone know if it would be pretty straightforward to maintain a 2001 Mitsubishi Shogun Sport automatic or would it be tough to find parts for it in future? Would it be easier to get say, a 2004 Volkswagen Touareg automatic or is all pretty much the same?

Re: Car advice needed

Mate, SUVs are for show offs and angry women. Get your self a van. They're cheaper, more reliable and you can get up to all sorts in the back without anyone knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Mate, SUVs are for show offs and angry women. Get your self a van. They're cheaper, more reliable and you can get up to all sorts in the back without anyone knowing.
    I'm a show off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm a show off though.
    Then surely you need a BMW X6, the ultimate "look at me everybody" vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Coq au vin.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Coq au vin.
    Yes you can eat yer dinner in there. You can even have sexual congress with dirty ladies.

Been looking at SUV's and I'm trying to take into account how difficult it's going to be to maintain a vehicle over the coming years with regard to sourcing parts etc

Does anyone know if it would be pretty straightforward to maintain a 2001 Mitsubishi Shogun Sport automatic or would it be tough to find parts for it in future? Would it be easier to get say, a 2004 Volkswagen Touareg automatic or is all pretty much the same?
    Little willy isi?

Tidy wheels.

Thé Sandpiper at thé stadium bave just started £3.99 all toi van est breakfast from 9 to 11sm at weekends. Mat ne worth or in thé dessin Agen out on an all dater.

look into Leasing a new one. Far easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Tidy wheels.
    Save yourself and the rest of us some time Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Save yourself and the rest of us some time Mike
    Eh? I had a Shogun a few years back, great workhorse.

Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    look into Leasing a new one. Far easier.
    Any suggestions on where to lease from?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Thé Sandpiper at thé stadium bave just started £3.99 all toi van est breakfast from 9 to 11sm at weekends. Mat ne worth or in thé dessin Agen out on an all dater.
    Noice

Can't beat a Ford Kuga or ecosport imho.
    Cheap parts/servicing and a lot like a focus

I've just looked at car leasing, why does anyone do that? You have to pay a wedge up front, a wedge every month, doesn't even include the insurance then at the end of it you don't even have a car to show for it?

Any suggestions on where to lease from?
    Leasing options is one website
    Nationwidecontracthire is another
    Or you could go straight to the dealer.

I've just looked at car leasing, why does anyone do that? You have to pay a wedge up front, a wedge every month, doesn't even include the insurance then at the end of it you don't even have a car to show for it?
    Great if you want a new car every 3 years, otherwise don't bother

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Great if you want a new car every 3 years, otherwise don't bother
    Or to look at it another way..... if you pay £20,000 for a car that's going to be worth say £5000 in 10 years. That's hell of a lot of money gone right there.

If the same depreciation happened with property , would you buy a house ?

But you get three years worth of coffee pods

The shoguns suffer from head problems ( like a few of here)
    Ask Nuge he sorced what looked like a decent one and got his fingers burnt .

With a limited budget , yeah maybe the tourag , make sure it's got lots of history though , very expensive to repair .
    Isuzu trooper is a great 4x4 but important to buy the one with the bullet proof engine .
    Merc Ml 207 , comfort , reasonable fuel consumption BUT expensive to repair if they do give a problem . ( We use one of these to tow our trailer, been quite good , nagging problem with the gearbox )

Is there any mode of transport that J the J isn't an expert in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The shoguns suffer from head problems ( like a few of here)
    Ask Nuge he sorced what looked like a decent one and got his fingers burnt .

With a limited budget , yeah maybe the tourag , make sure it's got lots of history though , very expensive to repair .
    Isuzu trooper is a great 4x4 but important to buy the one with the bullet proof engine .
    Merc Ml 207 , comfort , reasonable fuel consumption BUT expensive to repair if they do give a problem . ( We use one of these to tow our trailer, been quite good , nagging problem with the gearbox )
    Cheers Jimmy, I was hoping you'd chip in.

How do I know the Trooper I'm looking at has the bulletproof engine? Will it literally say that in the listing?

Are all 4x4's expensive to repair basically?