+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers out of Europe

Rangers out of Europe

I see Rangers managed to go out at the first round in Europe.
    A team that finished 4th in the Luxembourg league and have now scored 3 times in all European competitions over the last 7 years (2 of which were scored today against Rangers)

There must be a case for reviewing the European involvement by Scottish clubs, apart from Celtic.

Re: Rangers out of Europe

Where is our friend from up north this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    A team that finished 4th in the Luxembourg league and have now scored 3 times in all European competitions over the last 7 years (2 of which were scored today against Rangers)

There must be a case for reviewing the European involvement by Scottish clubs, apart from Celtic.
    Were they in Europe... I missed it.
    Bodes well for Jersey who have just spent Euros 32,000 in a court case against EUFA to be accepted as an independent team in competition. The 32,000 was both sides costs that Jersey had to pay to get a hearing as EUFA claimed they should not be in Court.
    Watch this space!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...heard-CAS.html

Very disappointed . Let's see how the rebuild goes this season . ��

Welshman is the new DoF. Rebuilding rangers probably the biggest job in the Uk.

Theresa May set to appoint Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha to help assist with a quick exit out of Europe

it is a miner blip. no big deal. nobody says anything about the same thing that happend to timothy at lincon red imps any more.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    it is a miner blip. no big deal. nobody says anything about the same thing that happend to timothy at lincon red imps any more.
    That's because Celtic actually got through

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's because Celtic actually got through
    we have a 2nd chance thoug. we get a shot at the next team to be knocked out and we will be right back in it if we win

Surely that's their worst defeat in the 5 years of the clubs history.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Surely that's their worst defeat in the 5 years of the clubs history.

And people on here scoffed when I said that the SPL was similar to league one in standard, imay have to revise that downwards with a few more results like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Very disappointed . Let's see how the rebuild goes this season . ��
    I won't laugh at your posts Jimmy ( I'll save that for the Boyne celebrationist) do you think Rangers will come close this year?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I won't laugh at your posts Jimmy ( I'll save that for the Boyne celebrationist) do you think Rangers will come close this year?
    I expect a bit of abuse, doubt Rangers will get close until Celtic ditch Rodgers . The gap isn't good for Scottish football, in my opinion, didnt really enjoy it when Rangers were miles ahead of Celtic. Scottish football shot itself in the foot by demoting Rangers , it is reaping what it sowed.

Football is all about money , Rangers and Celtic will probably always be better supported than Cardiff or Swansea, if you gave them the money the premier league teams get they would be up there.

When Rangers had money they were getting through to the latter stages of the European cups. No money , no european football, the result the other day was a freak result , it happens , I remember a guy called Velikonja scored a goal against Rangers in Europe and knocked them out , he went on to have a fantastic career in the Belgian Play Offs.

What is your take on the present situation in Scotland?

PS not interested in the 12th haven't been for 30 plus years, I guess we differ there

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Welshman is the new DoF. Rebuilding rangers probably the biggest job in the Uk.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I expect a bit of abuse, doubt Rangers will get close until Celtic ditch Rodgers . The gap isn't good for Scottish football, in my opinion, didnt really enjoy it when Rangers were miles ahead of Celtic. Scottish football shot itself in the foot by demoting Rangers , it is reaping what it sowed.

Football is all about money , Rangers and Celtic will probably always be better supported than Cardiff or Swansea, if you gave them the money the premier league teams get they would be up there.

When Rangers had money they were getting through to the latter stages of the European cups. No money , no european football, the result the other day was a freak result , it happens , I remember a guy called Velikonja scored a goal against Rangers in Europe and knocked them out , he went on to have a fantastic career in the Belgian Play Offs.

What is your take on the present situation in Scotland?

PS not interested in the 12th haven't been for 30 plus years, I guess we differ there
    The Boyne celebrationist jibe was meant for Kung Bully and his daft posts ( mainly political tonne honest)
    I've said before but I think it's a shame how Scottish football had gone I've last 30 years. Previously you had Celtic rangers Aberdeen and Dundee all doing quite well in Europe.
    Punching above their weight. Dundee United even beat Barcelona !
    Scottish football produced some very good players Dalglish Hansen Bremner Souness Gemmel etc etc and used to qualify regular for world cups.
    I hope ( unlikely but ...) they produce more homemgrown players, stop relying on crap imports and that the gap Is closed .
    I like Celtic but a competitive league like what I saw growing up would be great for ''Fitba' ( ran c Nesbit in World Cup special 😃) 👍

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    we have a 2nd chance thoug. we get a shot at the next team to be knocked out and we will be right back in it if we win
    You've been knocked out of the Europa League in the First Qualifying Round, there is no second chance as far as I'm aware

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You've been knocked out of the Europa League in the First Qualifying Round, there is no second chance as far as I'm aware
    Even in the unlikely event this were to be, unless they are playing someone of the standard of the South Wales Senior League, I still wouldn't build my hopes up

We know Brexit was way back and old news

More importantly, how did Kenny Miller play?

Another big defeat..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40501361

Almost like they spent many years cheating the system.

Anybody want to own up to this?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    Let's merge these two total irritants to football ASAP. Fekin nonsense to have 2 little crap teams in one town like Glasgow anyway. Pain in the rectum both of them.