+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wimbledon

Wimbledon

It's been good to see the top "greats" of the game back playing this year and seemingly playing at their best.
    Nadal looks in great shape, as does Djok and Federer, albeit the latter two briefly with the retirements of their opponents (that's another story!)

Potential banana skin for our Andy today though. Although Murray has also looked good, this German Dustin Brown chap has taken a few scalps in recent years and will relish playing on the centre court again.
    He's good to watch, got all the shots.
    Should be a cracker.

Re: Wimbledon

Franchise FC more like. #againstmodernfootball

Off to Wimbledon tomorrow ( Friday ) on Centre Court. £95 a seat but gonna stay til close of play and get about 8 hours of
    tennis. Just raided the bank machine to pay for all the bits and pieces which add to the fun. C'mon Andy !

Take a flask if you can.
    Coffee prices are a rip off from what I've heard

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Off to Wimbledon tomorrow ( Friday ) on Centre Court. £95 a seat but gonna stay til close of play and get about 8 hours of
    tennis. Just raided the bank machine to pay for all the bits and pieces which add to the fun. C'mon Andy !

Give us all a wave

That poor American girl was in a fair bit of pain there this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Take a flask if you can.
    Coffee prices are a rip off from what I've heard
    Better still, take your Nespresso machine in a backpack

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Lucky bugger!
    £95, that's fantastic value to be fair in comparison to other top sports.
    Been twice and although I never got to centre court unfortunately, saw some top matches and players.
    McEnroe was my highlight the year he beat Borg in '81, managed to see him and Peter Fleming in the doubles on Court 2.

You'll need your wallet! Strawberries and cream was something like £5.50, and there was only 5 strawberries

Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Lucky bugger!
    £95, that's fantastic value to be fair in comparison to other top sports.
    Been twice and although I never got to centre court unfortunately, saw some top matches and players.
    McEnroe was my highlight the year he beat Borg in '81, managed to see him and Peter Fleming in the doubles on Court 2.

You'll need your wallet! Strawberries and cream was something like £5.50, and there was only 5 strawberries

Have a great day.
    You start off talking about value for money, then finish by saying they charge a quid per strawberry 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You start off talking about value for money, then finish by saying they charge a quid per strawberry 😂😂
    The entertainment IS value for money, the sustenance however isn't (they've got to make their money back somehow I suppose, probably franchises).

Anyway, the purpose of my post was trying to add to the OP's message, and obvious excitement.
    Your posts seem to be trying to nit pick and pick holes

I have to agree with poster from another thread and i quote "you are a miserable cùnt"

Heard Chris Evans saying this morning that strawberries and cream are £2.50 at Wimbledon now.

Worst thing about wimbledon is the fecking crowd.

Whenever a player challenges a call, what possesses people to do that slow handclap thing while hawkeye kicks into gear culminating in a "woo" when they show if the ball was in or over the line?

The other night the ref told the crowd to be quiet during a rally so obviously evryone appluaded the ref

Makes me want to put my boot through the telly.

And don't get me started on the "celebrity" "fans" all togged up in the royal box, just wanting to be "seen" rather than watching the tennis

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

And don't get me started on the "celebrity" "fans" all togged up in the royal box, just wanting to be "seen" rather than watching the tennis
    "lEadER"

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Worst thing about wimbledon is the fecking crowd.

Whenever a player challenges a call, what possesses people to do that slow handclap thing while hawkeye kicks into gear culminating in a "woo" when they show if the ball was in or over the line?

The other night the ref told the crowd to be quiet during a rally so obviously evryone appluaded the ref

Makes me want to put my boot through the telly.

Applauding during the ralleh just isn't on my friend

I do know what you mean about the "celebs" and Wimbledon the place to be seen. This happens in all sports though.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Heard Chris Evans saying this morning that strawberries and cream are £2.50 at Wimbledon now.
    Now that really is darn good value.

Strawberries I remember being a bit of a luxury when I were a lad but they do seem to be more readily available these days.

I suspect a bottle of möet might not be so reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I suspect a bottle of möet might not be so reasonable
    I paid £90 for a bottle at the Ryder Cup, I think Wimbledon doesn't settle for less than Lanson's though - dread to think how much that costs, three figures surely?