+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hull in for Zohore

Hull in for Zohore

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport...hotshot-165498

should we cash in if a serious bid came in or try to keep him at all costs?

Re: Hull in for Zohore

No chance.

There's no way they could bid a figure that anyone at the club, fans included, would think worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    There's no way they could bid a figure that anyone at the club, fans included, would think worth it.
    They could, they have taken in £17.5m already this season, i think if they but in a bid of around £8m then the club would be tempted, and i think some fans would be satisfied for a bid around that region.

However i think the rumours around Zahore come from a base point of, he is new and raw, and he will be available at a knock down price. I dont think there is a lot in that story.

£20M might raise an eyebrow, anything less & they can buy Cornelius instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post

I very much doubt we'll sell this summer but if he continues to develop the way he has since Warnock turned him into a footballer there is no doubt we will sell eventually. The boy has the potential to be another Lukaku. I also very much doubt if he carries on scoring at the start of the season that Hull will be his destination. Young, powerful and able to play up front on his own means a much sought after player and he will no doubt interest the bigger fish.

I'm yet to be convinced he is more Lukaku than Jerome though.

Unless a silly bid comes in the club would be stupid to sell, particurlaly to a league rival. £8m may be a lot of money for him but realistically could we replace him with someone else who will perform as well as he did the 2nd half of last season, for that amount of money?

Can't see us selling him this summer, if he has a full season as good as his run in the team last season then it will be top flight clubs coming in for him next summer.

If they want him we have to agree to sell so if he goes its because we are prepared to accept a fee. One tning is certain he will earn more at hull than he will with us and that is what all players are innthe game for after all. I wont speculate on a fee but we are and always have been a selling club so........

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    If they want him we have to agree to sell so if he goes its because we are prepared to accept a fee. One tning is certain he will earn more at hull than he will with us and that is what all players are innthe game for after all. I wont speculate on a fee but we are and always have been a selling club so........
    Can you name me a club outside the top 6 in the country who are not selling clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    ?????

That is the same for every club from Rochdale to Real - Every player has a fee.
    I also suspect that the boy knows if he has a decent start to the season his potential earning power will be a hell of a lot better than Cardiff or Hull could offer. His agent will know that.
    Yes we are a selling club - every club is - Man Utd sold Ronaldo when they didn't want to.

If he scores goals he'll be worth a lot more than what Hull could offer.

Unless a £10m plus offer comes in he'll start the season as a Cardiff player - a 3 year contract signed in April confirms that. If he scores 20+ goals and we don't go up he'll be gone to a bigger club than Hull I suspect.

Anyway its a speculative piece of journalism of which there will be a lot more concerning Zohore if he does well. Take it with a large pinch of salt.

Only sell if the money is silly, and I mean ridiculous. Zohore has said to Danish TV he has no desire to leave, and we can surely hold onto him if it's another Championship club. He's praised Warnock for getting his arse into gear so think he realises he should stay for the time being.

League Table prediction for this season. What do you think?

1. Aston Villa
    2. Sheffield Wednesday
    3. Middlesborough
    4. Fulham
    5. Norwich
    6. Cardiff
    7. Hull
    8. Sunderland
    9. Reading
    10. Leeds
    11. Birmingham
    12. Wolves
    13. Derby
    14. Brentford
    15. Forest
    16. Ipswich
    17. Sheff Utd
    18. Bristol City
    19. QPR
    20. Preston
    21. Bolton
    22. Barnsley
    23. Milwall
    24. Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1989 View Post

1. Aston Villa
    2. Sheffield Wednesday
    3. Middlesborough
    4. Fulham
    5. Norwich
    6. Cardiff
    7. Hull
    8. Sunderland
    9. Reading
    10. Leeds
    11. Birmingham
    12. Wolves
    13. Derby
    14. Brentford
    15. Forest
    16. Ipswich
    17. Sheff Utd
    18. Bristol City
    19. QPR
    20. Preston
    21. Bolton
    22. Barnsley
    23. Milwall
    24. Burton

Until such a time as we know where Ken will be plying his trade I think its to early to predict

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1989 View Post

1. Aston Villa
    2. Sheffield Wednesday
    3. Middlesborough
    4. Fulham
    5. Norwich
    6. Cardiff
    7. Hull
    8. Sunderland
    9. Reading
    10. Leeds
    11. Birmingham
    12. Wolves
    13. Derby
    14. Brentford
    15. Forest
    16. Ipswich
    17. Sheff Utd
    18. Bristol City
    19. QPR
    20. Preston
    21. Bolton
    22. Barnsley
    23. Milwall
    24. Burton
    I'd have Norwich higher, wolves higher, us reading and villa all lower

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    sold

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thought Ipswich with its high end midfield would be above us

Why would Reading be lower than 9th? They've lost one player and although they didn't look all that, they finished 3rd. Stam has obviously got something about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post

It's a gamble. If we could get a full season out of Zohore as he played from new year on, then it would be a mistake to sell him. The key to this is that word 'if'.

I'd be surprised if anyone bid silly money for a player who has only demonstrated his ability for a few months, but looked awful before that, though as transfer fees keep getting higher and dafter, you never know.

I'm not sure which way I stand on this. I think Zohore is a fan's favourite and to sell him would be seen as a backward step by many, so on that basis I'd say he should stay. However, we need to see a full season from Zohore to find out whether the last few months have been a flash in the pan (Bothroyd could be unplayable for us for ages then disappear for weeks on end).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Why would Reading be lower than 9th? They've lost one player and although they didn't look all that, they finished 3rd. Stam has obviously got something about him.
    They would rolling sixes for most of last season, and their 2 stand out players from last year will both be 36 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thought Ipswich with its high end midfield would be above us
    I think Ipswich will be crap

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Burnley have bid £8m for assambalonga from forestwho has scored 68 goals in 148 games.
    Zohore has 12 in 29
    Jordan Rhodes 168 in 325 sold twice for 8 & £10m
    Zohore has potential but that will not make him a £20m player in the transfer market this year and probably not any year.

They would rolling sixes for most of last season, and their 2 stand out players from last year will both be 36 this season.
    You're not lucky or rolling sixes if you get 85 points and don't lose in normal time in the playoffs. I'd be amazed if they finished much lower than 9th. You can be lucky for a bit but you can't be lucky all season, you'd get found out.

HCAFC ��TransferNews‏ @HCTransfer 12h12 hours ago
    More
    We've bid 6 Million for Kenneth Zohore, Hull have no intention of paying the 12 mil buy out clause which Cardiff want

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    HCAFC ��TransferNews‏ @HCTransfer 12h12 hours ago
    More
    We've bid 6 Million for Kenneth Zohore, Hull have no intention of paying the 12 mil buy out clause which Cardiff want
    Yeah well you have to pay to play, Hull. Unlucky, try again next time.

Interesting to see his buy-out is £12M. I'd have expected it to be a bit more than that. Slightly worried now as if we have to let Zohore go then I can see the recriminations starting up again just as things are looking positive for the first time in ages...