+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hull in for Zohore

Re: Hull in for Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Interesting to see his buy-out is £12M. I'd have expected it to be a bit more than that. Slightly worried now as if we have to let Zohore go then I can see the recriminations starting up again just as things are looking positive for the first time in ages...
    The buy-out clause that has only ever been mentioned by an unofficial twitter account... Could be true, but could just be wannabe itk bullsh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    The buy-out clause that has only ever been mentioned by an unofficial twitter account... Could be true, but could just be wannabe itk bullsh!t.
    It's the first I've heard of Ken having a minimum fee clause, and thought twice about posting the tweet tbh, as you say, hopefully it's bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Interesting to see his buy-out is £12M. I'd have expected it to be a bit more than that. Slightly worried now as if we have to let Zohore go then I can see the recriminations starting up again just as things are looking positive for the first time in ages...
    I would think £12m is a fair slightly over the top asking price.

Zohore could struggle with second season syndrome, defenders will obviously have more of an eye on him, managers will watch him and make plans for him.

I think if a club makes a £12m offer for one of our players fans will understand, and if you invest 75% of it back into players then it would improve the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I would think £12m is a fair slightly over the top asking price.

Zohore could struggle with second season syndrome, defenders will obviously have more of an eye on him, managers will watch him and make plans for him.

I think if a club makes a £12m offer for one of our players fans will understand, and if you invest 75% of it back into players then it would improve the squad.
    Yeah OK

**** is already in melt down and he hasnt even been sold yet.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah OK

**** is already in melt down and he hasnt even been sold yet.
    message boards are not a true reflection of the fans feelings, if a player is sold the initial disappointment will subside when new players come in.

We have to realise that players have a value, and if that player is sold, then replacements are found and the process continues.

message boards are not a true reflection of the fans feelings, if a player is sold the initial disappointment will subside when new players come in.

We have to realise that players have a value, and if that player is sold, then replacements are found and the process continues.
    Youre preaching to the converted however I disagree that messageboards (add social media to that) are not a true reflection of fans feelings.

Youre preaching to the converted however I disagree that messageboards (add social media to that) are not a true reflection of fans feelings.
    You can get a case of a handful of fans shouting the same things over and over.

You would get message boards foaming at the mouth about Dave Jones being sacked, however at the ground, fans were chanting Dave Jones Barmy Army. If you were solely reading message boards you would think the fans hated him, if you only went to games, you wouldn't realise there was an issue.

On message boards the price wanted for Zahore has moved from 5 to 20 million in the matter of months, if a figure of 12 (which i believe is the asking price, rather than a trigger price). I think the vast majority of fans would accept that figure, especially if new signings came rolling in on the back of it. There still would be message board anger.

You can get a case of a handful of fans shouting the same things over and over.

You would get message boards foaming at the mouth about Dave Jones being sacked, however at the ground, fans were chanting Dave Jones Barmy Army. If you were solely reading message boards you would think the fans hated him, if you only went to games, you wouldn't realise there was an issue.

On message boards the price wanted for Zahore has moved from 5 to 20 million in the matter of months, if a figure of 12 (which i believe is the asking price, rather than a trigger price). I think the vast majority of fans would accept that figure, especially if new signings came rolling in on the back of it. There still would be message board anger.
    Respectfully disagree. In the time since Dave Jones has left social media, and I include messageboards in that, have become far more prominent.

Used the wrong way it can be damaging. ***** has loads of viewers and twitter followers and the negativity he thrives on and peddles gets to reach a lot of supporters.

Respectfully disagree. In the time since Dave Jones has left social media, and I include messageboards in that, have become far more prominent.

Used the wrong way it can be damaging. ***** has loads of viewers and twitter followers and the negativity he thrives on and peddles gets to reach a lot of supporters.
    Social media has blown up. Look at the last general election, and things go viral so quickly. If we sold Zohore, not only would it give people an excuse not to go but it would dampen the good feeling the club have spent the last year rebuilding since the rebrand. The only way they could avoid this is if the bid was completely ridiculous and we could invest the money sharpish. If they said, we've sold Zohore for £20m but here's Gallagher, Lawrence and Ledley, plus £10m in change and we'll spend most of that, then we can talk.

Just tell Hull and anyone else that may come sniffing to just sod off. He owes us next to nothing but based on tail end of last year,would cost a fortune to try and replace. If he falls short of expectations this season then not a lot lost but better the devil we know than gamble on another striker. If however he continues to improve then the guy will be worth an awful lot more than any price we will realistically get for him at this point.
    Also keeping Ken sends out the right sort of message to fans, players and any players we are thinking of signing.

Could we get Fred to change his name by deed poll to 'Albin Kenneth Dahrup Zohore' and see if Hull notice before the cheque clears?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Could we get Fred to change his name by deed poll to 'Albin Kenneth Dahrup Zohore' and see if Hull notice before the cheque clears?
    Racist. Reported.

Racist. Reported.
    I was going to say Rickie, but as he's left the building that doesn't work any more. Probably 'scousist' though.

Warnock is, apparently, saying that £20 million wouldn't be enough to get Zohore, so I think that should the stuff about a £12 million buy out clause to rest.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...citys-13291932

If only NW could now have the same influence in Saadi, we could be sitting on the most valuable strike force this league has seen

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    If only NW could now have the same influence in Saadi, we could be sitting on the most valuable strike force this league has seen
    really?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    really?
    Oh **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    really?

Originally written a bit tongue in cheek but on reflection and with the way prices are rising, why not?