+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sampdoria

Sampdoria

Now in for Zohore.

Looks like we may have some cash to spend soon.

Re: Sampdoria

Sampdoria, eyes on Drogba's cousin Kenneth Zohore: Hull City on the former Fiorentina striker

The casting for the attack continues at Sampdoria's home and, given the ever closer sale of Luis Muriel to Sevilla, the blues leader is monitoring various profiles around Europe. Acquired Caprari, the dream is to arrive at Luciano Vietto of Atletico Madrid, but in the view of Ds Osti also appears another name already known in Italy: as reported by the English media, Sampdoria is interested in the purchase of Kenneth Zohore , currently in Strength at Cardiff City in English Championship. The striker - renowned for being second-best cousin of the well-known Didier Drogba - last season has collected 12 goals and 5 assists in 29 appearances and is reduced by the European U21s with his Denmark : Zohore did not shine particularly, But can not go unnoticed by the two-time signing against the Czech Republic of today's former blue-eyed Patrik Schick. The 94-year-old had spent a year at Fiorentina under Montella (2012-2013 season), but could not find space between the purple hierarchies: Hull City , a British club In the last few hours he presented a second offer at Cardiff. Neil Warnock's Welsh coach, however, has already made clear his intentions to hold it: "If I have the chance, next year I will not let him go anywhere . In football never say ever - he says - if someone should come with 20 million can not say no, but we are not in a hurry to sell it. I do not think the company wants to let it go because we want to do well next season. "

People on the other forum are saying he's worth 20 million.

What crack are they smoking?.

Bristol City fans were thinking they were spending 20 million on Abraham and some were saying no thanks.

I wouldn't have an issue with him going for a good fee if I knew 100% the money would be reinvested.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

^THIS - It's 30 mill or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Bristol City fans were thinking they were spending 20 million on Abraham and some were saying no thanks.

I wouldn't have an issue with him going for a good fee if I knew 100% the money would be reinvested.
    If Kodjia goes for £15m, McCormack 12m, Hogan 12m etc then it isn't unrealistic to expect a similarly stupid fee for Zohore. I wouldn't consider any money for him unless it was stupid like 20m. We need him to fire and we'd have to spend a small fortune to find a striker as good as him anyway. Zohore doesn't want to go and he told that to Danish media, where so often foreign players get caught out; and I think he knows he's got to get some games and goals under his belt. If he scores 10+ goals by January and we're not up there, he's as good as gone though.

I can almost hear the hover-taxi pilots of the future saying "Cardiff City? Oh, I haven't been down there since they sold Zohore"

Seriously though, as much as I understand the financial realities and the lad's right to look after number one, if he goes, I think he takes our season with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I can almost hear the hover-taxi pilots of the future saying "Cardiff City? Oh, I haven't been down there since they sold Zohore"

Seriously though, as much as I understand the financial realities and the lad's right to look after number one, if he goes, I think he takes our season with him.
    I have to agree.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

I'm sure NW feels that too, but if silly offers did come in there would come a point where he would get some pressure from above.

if people on **** have arrived at a figure of 20M , then that is simply the figure that they have collectively conjured - one that they would consider 'unacceptable' for the club to have to take heed of, and maybe even act upon.

It may well be an arbitrary figure on a MB renowned for a bit of knee-jerkery, but it might be a line in the sand that is a reasonable one to draw.