+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: £75 million.

£75 million.

Man Utd agree 75million quid fee with Everton for Lukaku.

A handful on his day but massively overrated and overpriced for me.

Re: £75 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

You could get one and a half Zohore's for that price.

I think it's about right personally. I wouldn't feel hard done by if I was at Man Utd

Its all relative really, they have the money so as strange as it seems (at least to me) 75MM for a young proven goal scorer might not be bad for them.

I bet Madrid are spitting, holding out on Marrota for the 2nd season running and still they might end up keeping him. He'll probably walk for free when his contract ends.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Its all relative really, they have the money so as strange as it seems (at least to me) 75MM for a young proven goal scorer might not be bad for them.

I bet Madrid are spitting, holding out on Marrota for the 2nd season running and still they might end up keeping him. He'll probably walk for free when his contract ends.
    If Costa leaves Chelsea he could either go to them or Juve if Higuin goes other way

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If Costa leaves Chelsea he could either go to them or Juve if Higuin goes other way
    I would highly doubt Costa will be going to REAL Madrid.

Oooh you tease. **** style clickbait headlines.

At least its a player most people know not "Breaklng News: 5 released.."

"Grimbsy Town have released 5 players and offered new contracts to 3"

£75m for Lukaku and £50m for Stones

Can we get Everton to negotiate Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Only 24 and had a ridiculous goal scoring record. I think it's about right for him.

Club goals before age of 23

Ronaldo – 194
    Raul – 145
    Lionel Messi – 127
    Sergio Aguero – 124
    *Romelu Lukaku (with two months remaining) – 119*
    Michael Owen – 111
    Cristiano Ronaldo – 97
    Fernando Torres – 87
    Wayne Rooney – 94
    Luis Suarez – 77
    David Villa – 70
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic – 69
    Alan Shearer – 65
    Thierry Henry – 57

Not sure if he scored any more in this two months mind.

Hardly overrated..

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oooh you tease. **** style clickbait headlines.

At least its a player most people know not "Breaklng News: 5 released.."

"Grimbsy Town have released 5 players and offered new contracts to 3"
    Or news about some mediocre Spanish team that has had the unfortunate luck of being added to the twenty teams he already supports

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Ronaldo – 194
    Raul – 145
    Lionel Messi – 127
    Sergio Aguero – 124
    Michael Owen – 111
    Cristiano Ronaldo – 97
    Fernando Torres – 87
    Wayne Rooney – 94
    Luis Suarez – 77
    David Villa – 70
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic – 69
    Alan Shearer – 65
    Thierry Henry – 57

Hardly overrated..
    Eddie Johnson - 0

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Or news about some mediocre Spanish team that has had the unfortunate luck of being added to the twenty teams he already supports
    it's strange that he thinks people care about his mundane activities

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Ronaldo – 194
    Raul – 145
    Lionel Messi – 127
    Sergio Aguero – 124
    Michael Owen – 111
    Cristiano Ronaldo – 97
    Fernando Torres – 87
    Wayne Rooney – 94
    Luis Suarez – 77
    David Villa – 70
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic – 69
    Alan Shearer – 65
    Thierry Henry – 57

Hardly overrated..
    No disrespect but all that really proves is that he started at a young age.

Hes not in the same league as most of those players in that list.

When he's good he's unplayable, but when he's poor he looks lazy and disinterested.

Top players do it week in week out, to me he's too inconsistent to be priced so high.

I guess the next few years will see him reach his peak and he may well reach the heights of some of those players in your list. Personally I don't think we'll be putting him in the same bracket as Henry, Ronaldo, Aguero etc.

His record against the top sides is poor too and having listened to Everton fans on phone ins for the last few years I don't think they'll be too bothered either.

Giroud at £20m would be a good replacement.

Not convinced it'll go through anyway after the way Lukaku was treated by Mourinho, might get Chelsea involved though

Lukaku being sold for 75m does not make him a 75m player. He is miles behind others who have been sold for close to that amount but in today's market Bale and Neymar would be sold for so much more. That doesn't mean he won't grow into a very good player mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    His record against the top sides is poor too and having listened to Everton fans on phone ins for the last few years I don't think they'll be too bothered either.

Giroud at £20m would be a good replacement.

Not convinced it'll go through anyway after the way Lukaku was treated by Mourinho, might get Chelsea involved though
    He scores 4 vs the top 4 last season. Only Vardy, Hazard, Alli and Siggurdson scored more.

Aren't phone-ins less of a barometer than message boards? He's Everton's top scorer in a season for about 30 years, of course they'll have trouble replacing him and will miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He scores 4 vs the top 4 last season. Only Vardy, Hazard, Alli and Siggurdson scored more.

Aren't phone-ins less of a barometer than message boards? He's Everton's top scorer in a season for about 30 years, of course they'll have trouble replacing him and will miss him.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/39601...ecord-top-six/

"Just four of his 25 goals last season came against the big clubs with his strike against Arsenal on the final day of the season coming from the penalty spot.

Seventeen of them came against teams in the bottom half of the table whilst he also bagged four goals against Bournemouth who managed a ninth place finish.

During the 2015-16 campaign, Lukaku grabbed 18 goals in the league with just one coming against the top six in a 1-1 draw with Liverpool.

And the season before that, he failed to hit the back of the net against any of the big teams."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/39601...ecord-top-six/

"Just four of his 25 goals last season came against the big clubs with his strike against Arsenal on the final day of the season coming from the penalty spot.

Seventeen of them came against teams in the bottom half of the table whilst he also bagged four goals against Bournemouth who managed a ninth place finish.

During the 2015-16 campaign, Lukaku grabbed 18 goals in the league with just one coming against the top six in a 1-1 draw with Liverpool.

And the season before that, he failed to hit the back of the net against any of the big teams."
    Yeah but can you name five players who scored more last year?

Man U struggled to beat the 'lower' teams last year so a guy who can take his chances against those teams is probably exactly what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah but can you name five players who scored more last year?

Man U struggled to beat the 'lower' teams last year so a guy who can take his chances against those teams is probably exactly what they want.
    Game, set and match.

Never have I seen someone scoring 4 in a match used as a negative against a striker. Absolute bizarre article.

His price is interesting though. Is he worth £75m on paper? No, definitely not.

But he could be the difference between them losing out on the Champions League and qualifying. He's 24, if he can be the difference for the next three or four seasons, then Man Utd would happily pay that for such a player.

Time will tell but it looks like Everton have got £75m for him and £50m for Stones in a couple of summers, which is incredible business for just two players.

75 m is a good price for lukaku. How many strikers at that level are actually available?
    He's performing at an elite level while playing for a fairly uninspiring team, and at only 24 he's got a lot of years ahead of him