+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lambert has left the building

Lambert has left the building

Contract terminated

Re: Lambert has left the building

Nothing against him but this is very good news. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Nothing against him but this is very good news. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40522185

We should never have signed him, but he's handled himself as a true professional, wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    We should never have signed him, but he's handled himself as a true professional, wish him well.
    I'd be a true professional if I was being paid 25k a week to get splinters in my backside. #chepstowtweets

Mutual Consent - Wonder how much that cost the club given the contract he was on.

Basket case of a football club #chepstowtruths

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Mutual Consent - Wonder how much that cost the club given the contract he was on.
    If we paid him half of his 25k a week for the remaining 12 months it will cost £2.5 million. #chepstowmaths

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If we paid him half of his 25k a week for the remaining 12 months it will cost £2.5 million. #chepstowmaths

I thought it was too good to be true for Blackburn to pay a fee for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Contract terminated

Ah well, that’s Colin’s transfer budget gone then. Never mind they’ll burn a hole in that £16 million reputed to have re dived next on Noone and Pilkington.

£1.25 m transfer fee 10 months wages at £25k a week and a termination agreement of about half of what hes owed on his contract. Id say hes cost us just short of £3m all told. What a signing eh?. 4 goals costing a cool £750,000 a piece. We are a basket club

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    £1.25 m transfer fee 10 months wages at £25k a week and a termination agreement of about half of what hes owed on his contract. Id say hes cost us just short of £3m all told. What a signing eh?. 4 goals costing a cool £750,000 a piece. We are a basket club
    No, we are a foot club

You get on my wicker

Lambert told you all that did he?

That said, I agree that this is yet another case of us having to pay someone to leave the club - as mentioned above, however much it's cost us, you have to think it's come out of the transfer budget.

Like all football clubs you win some, you lose some. The loss on Lambert will be small potatoes on the profit we will make on Kenneth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Ah well, that’s Colin’s transfer budget gone then. Never mind they’ll burn a hole in that £16 million reputed to have re dived next on Noone and Pilkington.
    That extra £16 million was a load of bollox rumour started on ****.
    Since 62 cleared it up on there the other day.

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;4756347]Like all football clubs you win some, you lose some. The loss on Lambert will be small potatoes on the profit we will make on Kenneth.[/QUOTE

If you run a football club wasting £3m on a geriatric then talk about getting it back by selling your prize asset then we really are a basket club arent we?

[QUOTE=chepstow;4756382]
    Like all football clubs you win some, you lose some. The loss on Lambert will be small potatoes on the profit we will make on Kenneth.[/QUOTE

If you run a football club wasting £3m on a geriatric then talk about getting it back by selling your prize asset then we really are a basket club arent we?
    No different to any other football club. Theres not a football club in the land that hasnt made mistakes in the transfer market. Manchester United, arguably the biggest club in the world, have made plenty.

Besides, where the f*ck are you getting 3m from? Unless you are Lambert, his agent or someone privvy to the contracts at the football club then you havent got a scooby what he has cost us.

I thought we got him on a free transfer. How do you know we have had to pay his contract up and if we did, what it cost us. You are guessing at best and deliberately exaggerating at worst. Almostly certainly Lambert will now get a hefty signing on fee from whichever club he joins, so it us not unreasonable to suppose that as a result he would have agreed to a much lower amount from us to cancel his contract and enable all this to happen. If he hadnt picked up an injury early on with us (not his fault) it is likely that he would have played many more games. How you can heavily criticise one of the best strikers to have played in this country in the last 15 years is beyond me.

Hey Ricky ,

We hear you're leaving, that's okay ,
    our time together had just begun
    I guess you kind of scared of Neil, don't you turn and run,
    if you have a change of heart, were hear
    Rikki don't lose our number

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I thought we got him on a free transfer. How do you know we have had to pay his contract up and if we did, what it cost us. You are guessing at best and deliberately exaggerating at worst. Almostly certainly Lambert will now get a hefty signing on fee from whichever club he joins, so it us not unreasonable to suppose that as a result he would have agreed to a much lower amount from us to cancel his contract and enable all this to happen. If he hadnt picked up an injury early on with us (not his fault) it is likely that he would have played many more games. How you can heavily criticise one of the best strikers to have played in this country in the last 15 years is beyond me.
    Mike should sell him to ***** for a forum record fee. They'd love his negativity and club bashing over there.

All for the best.

I wish him well.

Some elements do grate, but we are hardly the first, nor only, football club to have had to pay off a player that didn't quite work out, and we wont be the last.

Some people love and live to moan! It cant do them much good.

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;4756388]

No different to any other football club. Theres not a football club in the land that hasnt made mistakes in the transfer market. Manchester United, arguably the biggest club in the world, have made plenty.

Besides, where the f*ck are you getting 3m from? Unless you are Lambert, his agent or someone privvy to the contracts at the football club then you havent got a scooby what he has cost us.
    dont be daft eh....... you know what the figures are likely to be as much as i do ........ btw we arent Man utd...... we are a club trying to reduce our overheads not waste money

Yep still paying off huge contracts, finally we have a decent manager.....thank god fir Neil.