Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loïc Damour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Loïc Damour

New signing for Cardiff City

Re: Loïc Damour

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm amazed anybody took the time to compile that. Desperate stuff.

I must be one of very few South Walians who has actually seen Loic Damour play. He was in the Frejus St-Raphael team I saw beat Paris FC 3-1 in a French third division match at the Stade Sebatien-Charlety in March 2015. The game was entertaining enough but the standard was absolutely woeful.

Chansons D'amour......rat-te-tat-de-tat............

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I must be one of very few South Walians who has actually seen Loic Damour play. He was in the Frejus St-Raphael team I saw beat Paris FC 3-1 in a French third division match at the Stade Sebatien-Charlety in March 2015. The game was entertaining enough but the standard was absolutely woeful.
    He's 26 years old and playing for a team who finished 15th in the French Ligue 2 - not very inspiring to say the least and at 26 you can't say one for the future either

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    He's 26 years old and playing for a team who finished 15th in the French Ligue 2 - not very inspiring to say the least and at 26 you can't say one for the future either
    Perhaps he has good technical skills ,lets be positive, and give him a chance he fails,then let him have it ,we have to remember we are also in the second tier and with no big financial backing and FFP rules to look after and we have retained Manga and Gunnerson at cost and probaly improved Zohore pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    In the last three seasons he's played for the side who finished 8th in the French third division, followed by the team who finished 11th and then 15th in the French second tier. This is a genuinely interesting signing as far as I'm concerned as the standard in the French lower leagues really is poor. It will be a big surprise if this lad is good enough to play in the Championship, but someone connected with the CCFC has obviously seen some sort of potential, so good luck to him.

I must be one of very few South Walians who has actually seen Loic Damour play.
    I'm glad you made the distinction there, North Wales is action-packed with people who've seen him play, as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm glad you made the distinction there, North Wales is action-packed with people who've seen him play, as you know.
    Indeed. Due to the dearth of decent football in the region, I understand many North Walians regularly travel to France to watch teams in the lower leagues. No doubt plenty of them have seen Loic in action as he's spent the last three seasons there.

Lets be fair though, the quality of a game surely doesn't give a full picture of an actual player , you can consider big club playing lower sides and being beaten with highly skilled players looking very ordinary.

From the clip he does look comfortable on the ball, pass it well ,quick with a single strike of the ball has balance for a big man and coming from a country that delivers very skilled players, these early achievements dont come easy and show he had something:

""" Loïc began his career with his local club US Chantilly before moving to the famous Clairefontaine academy in 2004. While training at Clairefontaine, he also attended the prestigious sports club Athletic Club de Boulogne Billencourt, which also trained current French stars Hatem Ben Arfa and Issiar Dia.

After leaving Clairefontaine, he joined RC Strasbourg ""

"" Damour is a France youth international having played for the U-16s, U-17s, and the under-18 team. He also played with the France U-19 squad, till 2011. He was captain of the U-16 squad and was a part of the U-17 squad that finished runners-up at the 2008 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship. "2

I'm sure this is a punt bit like the Zohore one

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lets be fair though, the quality of a game surely doesn't give a full picture of an actual player, you can consider big club playing lower sides and being beaten with highly skilled players looking very ordinary.
    I watched Paris FC in action twice during 2014/15. They eventually finished runners-up in the third tier and were promoted to Ligue 2. The games I saw were fun to watch but the standard was pretty dismal - way below what you would expect in the equivalent divisions here. That's why I'm interested in this signing. It will be brilliant if a player I saw play in such a low-level game can actually make it at Championship level, especially as he's arriving here at the age of 26.

Another midfielder who doesnt score. Great.

merged

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    bloody good how he scores the same goal every time, init.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another midfielder who doesnt score. Great.
    Your a very positive chappy

Maybe we need to work out a chanson for him.

Rat ta rat ta ra

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Rat ta rat ta ra

It'll never get old. Our fans moaning about free transfers on twitter with the "who are you" memes......

I have to say I am wholly unimpressed with our signings this season. Manga re signing has been the best. Ward should be OK, but two goalkeepers , one of whom is 32 and was Rotherham's reserve keeper last season, the other from the 3rd tier. A winger who was free and from Rochdale, a full back who is injured and now a midfielder for nothing with a string of clubs I have barely heard of. Damour could be the midfield version of Gounongbe.

Mind you we could be Villa and paying John Terry and absolute fortune, i hope Zohore gives him a hard time in the game v Villa.
    Or Wolves spending £15m on a player and Bristol City too.

Maybe somewhere between having a load of free transfers and paying a fortune would be better.. I'd take Joe Ledley on a free though.

I don't think our transfer strategy is encouraging many season ticket sales. Feel free to have a go at my negativity but I was really hopeful, in May, of us making a go of it this season. Are Rotherham our new feeder club?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I have to say I am wholly unimpressed with our signings this season. Manga re signing has been the best. Ward should be OK, but two goalkeepers , one of whom is 32 and was Rotherham's reserve keeper last season, the other from the 3rd tier. A winger who was free and from Rochdale, a full back who is injured and now a midfielder for nothing with a string of clubs I have barely heard of. Damour could be the midfield version of Gounongbe.

Mind you we could be Villa and paying John Terry and absolute fortune, i hope Zohore gives him a hard time in the game v Villa.
    Or Wolves spending £15m on a player and Bristol City too.

Maybe somewhere between having a load of free transfers and paying a fortune would be better.. I'd take Joe Ledley on a free though.

I don't think our transfer strategy is encouraging many season ticket sales. Feel free to have a go at my negativity but I was really hopeful, in May, of us making a go of it this season. Are Rotherham our new feeder club?
    Have a word with yourself mate, you sound like one of those entitled internet Arsenal fans Rating how good a transfer is based on how much they cost? I've never heard of this latest one, just like I'd never heard of Zohore. It could be a great bit of business.

Could have been first ever signing whose name contains a diaeresis mark.

And was Jörn Schwinkendorf the first one with an umlaut?