+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loïc Damour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Loïc Damour

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm amazed anybody took the time to compile that. Desperate stuff.

I must be one of very few South Walians who has actually seen Loic Damour play. He was in the Frejus St-Raphael team I saw beat Paris FC 3-1 in a French third division match at the Stade Sebatien-Charlety in March 2015. The game was entertaining enough but the standard was absolutely woeful.
    Lets be fair though, the quality of a game surely doesn't give a full picture of an actual player , you can consider big club playing lower sides and being beaten with highly skilled players looking very ordinary.

From the clip he does look comfortable on the ball, pass it well ,quick with a single strike of the ball has balance for a big man and coming from a country that delivers very skilled players, these early achievements dont come easy and show he had something:

""" Loïc began his career with his local club US Chantilly before moving to the famous Clairefontaine academy in 2004. While training at Clairefontaine, he also attended the prestigious sports club Athletic Club de Boulogne Billencourt, which also trained current French stars Hatem Ben Arfa and Issiar Dia.

After leaving Clairefontaine, he joined RC Strasbourg ""

"" Damour is a France youth international having played for the U-16s, U-17s, and the under-18 team. He also played with the France U-19 squad, till 2011. He was captain of the U-16 squad and was a part of the U-17 squad that finished runners-up at the 2008 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship. "2

I'm sure this is a punt bit like the Zohore one

Re: Loïc Damour

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lets be fair though, the quality of a game surely doesn't give a full picture of an actual player, you can consider big club playing lower sides and being beaten with highly skilled players looking very ordinary.
    I watched Paris FC in action twice during 2014/15. They eventually finished runners-up in the third tier and were promoted to Ligue 2. The games I saw were fun to watch but the standard was pretty dismal - way below what you would expect in the equivalent divisions here. That's why I'm interested in this signing. It will be brilliant if a player I saw play in such a low-level game can actually make it at Championship level, especially as he's arriving here at the age of 26.