+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loïc Damour

Re: Loïc Damour

Chansons D'amour......rat-te-tat-de-tat............

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm amazed anybody took the time to compile that. Desperate stuff.

I must be one of very few South Walians who has actually seen Loic Damour play. He was in the Frejus St-Raphael team I saw beat Paris FC 3-1 in a French third division match at the Stade Sebatien-Charlety in March 2015. The game was entertaining enough but the standard was absolutely woeful.
    He's 26 years old and playing for a team who finished 15th in the French Ligue 2 - not very inspiring to say the least and at 26 you can't say one for the future either

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another midfielder who doesnt score. Great.
    Your a very positive chappy

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Could have been first ever signing whose name contains a diaeresis mark.

And was Jörn Schwinkendorf the first one with an umlaut?
    Mate, take your dictionary corner intellectualisms over to the **** where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    He's 26 years old and playing for a team who finished 15th in the French Ligue 2 - not very inspiring to say the least and at 26 you can't say one for the future either
    Perhaps he has good technical skills ,lets be positive, and give him a chance he fails,then let him have it ,we have to remember we are also in the second tier and with no big financial backing and FFP rules to look after and we have retained Manga and Gunnerson at cost and probaly improved Zohore pay.

I must be one of very few South Walians who has actually seen Loic Damour play.
    I'm glad you made the distinction there, North Wales is action-packed with people who've seen him play, as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm glad you made the distinction there, North Wales is action-packed with people who've seen him play, as you know.
    Indeed. Due to the dearth of decent football in the region, I understand many North Walians regularly travel to France to watch teams in the lower leagues. No doubt plenty of them have seen Loic in action as he's spent the last three seasons there.

Kante was 24 and playing for Caen who finished 13th in Ligue 1 in 2014/15

In the last three seasons he's played for the side who finished 8th in the French third division, followed by the team who finished 11th and then 15th in the French second tier. This is a genuinely interesting signing as far as I'm concerned as the standard in the French lower leagues really is poor. It will be a big surprise if this lad is good enough to play in the Championship, but someone connected with the CCFC has obviously seen some sort of potential, so good luck to him.

In the Brentford "money-ball" article they talked about identifying players at a higher level than Brentford and bringing them in, even if it was that nations 6th biggest team only.

I don't know enough about this player to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Always reminds me of Chelsea away in October 1976, Half time on that big uncovered terrace, pissing down with rain, they played that song and 4000 city fans singing the rat-ta-rat-ta-ra chorus
    I was there in a " waterproof " Adidas wetsuit. Soaked right through to my c*ck I was. Then kept in for an age at the end.

Loic are a famous French cider ( cidre ) making firm.

I must be one of very few South Walians who has actually seen Loic Damour play. He was in the Frejus St-Raphael team I saw beat Paris FC 3-1 in a French third division match at the Stade Sebatien-Charlety in March 2015. The game was entertaining enough but the standard was absolutely woeful.
    Lets be fair though, the quality of a game surely doesn't give a full picture of an actual player , you can consider big club playing lower sides and being beaten with highly skilled players looking very ordinary.

From the clip he does look comfortable on the ball, pass it well ,quick with a single strike of the ball has balance for a big man and coming from a country that delivers very skilled players, these early achievements dont come easy and show he had something:

""" Loïc began his career with his local club US Chantilly before moving to the famous Clairefontaine academy in 2004. While training at Clairefontaine, he also attended the prestigious sports club Athletic Club de Boulogne Billencourt, which also trained current French stars Hatem Ben Arfa and Issiar Dia.

After leaving Clairefontaine, he joined RC Strasbourg ""

"" Damour is a France youth international having played for the U-16s, U-17s, and the under-18 team. He also played with the France U-19 squad, till 2011. He was captain of the U-16 squad and was a part of the U-17 squad that finished runners-up at the 2008 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship. "2

I'm sure this is a punt bit like the Zohore one

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lets be fair though, the quality of a game surely doesn't give a full picture of an actual player, you can consider big club playing lower sides and being beaten with highly skilled players looking very ordinary.
    I watched Paris FC in action twice during 2014/15. They eventually finished runners-up in the third tier and were promoted to Ligue 2. The games I saw were fun to watch but the standard was pretty dismal - way below what you would expect in the equivalent divisions here. That's why I'm interested in this signing. It will be brilliant if a player I saw play in such a low-level game can actually make it at Championship level, especially as he's arriving here at the age of 26.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Kante was 24 and playing for Caen who finished 13th in Ligue 1 in 2014/15
    Ligue1 is a better league than ligue2

Saadi joined Ligue 2 side Clermont, 20 goals in 42 games , now at Kortrijk, of the Belgian First Division, scored 5 in 7 games both are lower standards than the Championship ,. folk are now saying he has promise,give him a chance , he scores goals , well he is a forward ,in a lower league , Loïc Damour is a defensive midfielder in a lower league who supports the forward line ,lets see where this takes us and support .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Saadi joined Ligue 2 side Clermont, 20 goals in 42 games , now at Kortrijk, of the Belgian First Division, scored 5 in 7 games both are lower standards than the Championship ,. folk are now saying he has promise,give him a chance , he scores goals , well he is a forward ,in a lower league , Loïc Damour is a defensive midfielder in a lower league who supports the forward line ,lets see where this takes us and support .
    You type like how William Shatner speaks.

Ligue1 is a better league than ligue2
    Yep and the premier league is better than the championship

I must say I admire some of the blind optimism shown by some here.

Yeah, he might be a great bit of business, and we might challenge at the top of the table this year. The evidence so far however suggests otherwise.

Personally not really sure why NW is still here. He's feeding on scraps

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Yeah, he might be a great bit of business, and we might challenge at the top of the table this year. The evidence so far however suggests otherwise.

Isn't that the whole point of employing NW? A vastly experienced manager with a proven record of working with a tight budget. There was never going to be a return to the big transfers and silly contracts of the past. I'd certainly rather this current way of working than OGS scattergun buy, buy, buy approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Alot of posters this time last year were saying Zahore was crap

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Isn't that the whole point of employing NW? A vastly experienced manager with a proven record of working with a tight budget. There was never going to be a return to the big transfers and silly contracts of the past. I'd certainly rather this current way of working than OGS scattergun buy, buy, buy approach.
    I don't get the negativity of our fans at present. Last season Warnock proved he could compete with the better clubs in the division and anyone that watched us regularly would have seen the marked in improvement in the team as the season went on.

We saw a massive improvement in players like Zohore, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Bennett, Harris, Richards.

We went to grounds like Derby and Leeds and came away with the points. Every team who played us knew they were in for a tough challenge.

We have shipped out Lambert who is passed his best, Whittingham is also passed his best and we were never gonna get a fee for these players.

It looks like Noone and Pilkington will probably go and he has added some decent looking players to the squad.

Patterson was being chased by West Ham 6 months ago, Mendez-Laing looks a useful wild card and we have two better goalkeepers than the ones Warnock inherited.
    The general consensus is that Ward is a good player amd this lad from France is a free transfer gamble.

He has said that he wants to add goals in his two or three final additions so i believe there is good reason to be optimistic on a budget that will add 8 players which is only a third of what Wolves are paying for one player!

Betting odds reflect some posters disappointment about transfer dealings to date. Being 14th in a field of 24 means punters are equally uninspired.

As for Warnock, this season's supposed to be his last hurrah. The signs are that it'll end in mid table obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Betting odds reflect some posters disappointment about transfer dealings to date. Being 14th in a field of 24 means punters are equally uninspired.

As for Warnock, this season's supposed to be his last hurrah. The signs are that it'll end in mid table obscurity.
    Predictions of a mid table finish are a bit premature I think. We don't even start pre season till next Friday and NW has just said today that he's still looking to bring in a couple of forwards and another midfielder.
    I'm not necessarily expecting promotion this season but I'm hoping we'll have a good crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Predictions of a mid table finish are a bit premature I think. We don't even start pre season till next Friday and NW has just said today that he's still looking to bring in a couple of forwards and another midfielder.

I'm not necessarily expecting promotion this season but I'm hoping we'll have a good crack at it.
    We finished mid table last season, and that was with the first quarter completely written off. Warnock had 3/4's of the season and started with an unfit squad.

With a preseason, and a little strengthening here and there - I cant see how we cant challenge for the playoffs?