+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loïc Damour

Loïc Damour

Loïc Damour

New signing for Cardiff City

Re: Loïc Damour

Another midfielder who doesnt score. Great.

merged

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    bloody good how he scores the same goal every time, init.

Maybe we need to work out a chanson for him.

Rat ta rat ta ra

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Rat ta rat ta ra

It'll never get old. Our fans moaning about free transfers on twitter with the "who are you" memes......

I have to say I am wholly unimpressed with our signings this season. Manga re signing has been the best. Ward should be OK, but two goalkeepers , one of whom is 32 and was Rotherham's reserve keeper last season, the other from the 3rd tier. A winger who was free and from Rochdale, a full back who is injured and now a midfielder for nothing with a string of clubs I have barely heard of. Damour could be the midfield version of Gounongbe.

Mind you we could be Villa and paying John Terry and absolute fortune, i hope Zohore gives him a hard time in the game v Villa.
    Or Wolves spending £15m on a player and Bristol City too.

Maybe somewhere between having a load of free transfers and paying a fortune would be better.. I'd take Joe Ledley on a free though.

I don't think our transfer strategy is encouraging many season ticket sales. Feel free to have a go at my negativity but I was really hopeful, in May, of us making a go of it this season. Are Rotherham our new feeder club?

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Rat ta rat ta ra
    This is not a love song

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    This is not a love song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q9MTJokc4A
    Slightly disturbing if anything

This looks like it has come from our European scouting network. I think we have to take a wait and see policy on players that come from that area. They could be rubbish or they could be a Zohore.

It could be an area where we blood a cheap foreign player and it could make us some money in the transfer market, or we could have them six months and loan them to Kortrijk

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I have to say I am wholly unimpressed with our signings this season. Manga re signing has been the best. Ward should be OK, but two goalkeepers , one of whom is 32 and was Rotherham's reserve keeper last season, the other from the 3rd tier. A winger who was free and from Rochdale, a full back who is injured and now a midfielder for nothing with a string of clubs I have barely heard of. Damour could be the midfield version of Gounongbe.

Mind you we could be Villa and paying John Terry and absolute fortune, i hope Zohore gives him a hard time in the game v Villa.
    Or Wolves spending £15m on a player and Bristol City too.

Maybe somewhere between having a load of free transfers and paying a fortune would be better.. I'd take Joe Ledley on a free though.

I don't think our transfer strategy is encouraging many season ticket sales. Feel free to have a go at my negativity but I was really hopeful, in May, of us making a go of it this season. Are Rotherham our new feeder club?
    Have a word with yourself mate, you sound like one of those entitled internet Arsenal fans Rating how good a transfer is based on how much they cost? I've never heard of this latest one, just like I'd never heard of Zohore. It could be a great bit of business.

Could have been first ever signing whose name contains a diaeresis mark.

And was Jörn Schwinkendorf the first one with an umlaut?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q9MTJokc4A
    Slightly disturbing if anything
    Always reminds me of Chelsea away in October 1976, Half time on that big uncovered terrace, pissing down with rain, they played that song and 4000 city fans singing the rat-ta-rat-ta-ra chorus

I like the look of him. He looks as strong as a bull, a powerful runner and he looks very technically proficient. His body position when he receives the ball on his YouTube clips is far better than any of our other midfielders on our books at present.

The fact that he went through Clairefontainne also gives me optimism.

The fact is, nobody knows enough about him at the moment to form judgement so we'll just have to wait and see, but he definitely looks mobile amd technical so I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Banned

Can't blame NW. Tan signs all the European players. He know's his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Could have been first ever signing whose name contains a diaeresis mark.

And was Jörn Schwinkendorf the first one with an umlaut?
    He hit the post versus Preston though.....we lost 4-0...

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Always reminds me of Chelsea away in October 1976, Half time on that big uncovered terrace, pissing down with rain, they played that song and 4000 city fans singing the rat-ta-rat-ta-ra chorus
    I can see it catching on....times like this we need Ali back.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Have a word with yourself mate, you sound like one of those entitled internet Arsenal fans Rating how good a transfer is based on how much they cost? I've never heard of this latest one, just like I'd never heard of Zohore. It could be a great bit of business.
    So are you thrilled with what's happened this summer? Mind you Dave Jones used to sign some terrific cheapie Alexander, McNaughton, McPhail, Rae, and got Bothroyd , Chopra, Johnson, Loovens and Whittingham for decent fees too so Warnock may be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm amazed anybody took the time to compile that. Desperate stuff.

I must be one of very few South Walians who has actually seen Loic Damour play. He was in the Frejus St-Raphael team I saw beat Paris FC 3-1 in a French third division match at the Stade Sebatien-Charlety in March 2015. The game was entertaining enough but the standard was absolutely woeful.