+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Loïc Damour

Re: Loïc Damour

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Camp was virtually ever present in the 2015/16 season for Rotheram.

He then made 18 appearances in season 2016/17 until he was injured on 26 November and didn't play again because of the injury.

Not a reserve then. And 32 is no great age for a keeper.
    I had't realised he'd been injured. I always liked him when he was younger. i think Etheridge will therefore be seen in the same class as Simon Moore, start out as number two goalkeeper and try and establish himself. Or maybe Etheridge will be top dog with Camp as cover. Murphy still 3rd choice and looks like the end for Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    This thread is priceless. Warnock proved to all of us last season he can turn has-beens into good players and the stats suggest if he was in charge from the start we would be top six or near-enough. He's shipped out Lambert.. who barely played under him, and Whitts.. who also barely played under him, and added new faces, with more set to arrive.

Have some optimism.
    He gave Harris a chance which he took, even though he is nowhere near the finished article he at last is showing the promise he was expected to show about 4 years ago. Bamba was an inspired signing. McGregor was expensive, but better than the expensive Amos. Halford barely featured but will have pre-season to get fit. Zohore was a revelation. But he also brought in Richardson and Chamakh who were soon bombed.

Like Dave Jones he finds jewels but gets some not so good ones too, cheaply, and if it doesn't work they leave. Think Glomard, Ndumbu-Nsungu, Ferretti etc.

Ward could be a big player for us this season, I think we'll have quite a few more signings to bolster the squad and a few will leave to balance the books. It's still early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Have a word with yourself mate, you sound like one of those entitled internet Arsenal fans Rating how good a transfer is based on how much they cost? I've never heard of this latest one, just like I'd never heard of Zohore. It could be a great bit of business.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It would nice to sign a marquee signing as a statement of intent. I thought we had 6m to spend and apart from Ward and Patterson who I wouldnt imagine have cost that much the rest have been free.
    Do you think that these free transfers and others come here for nothing ?. Each one will get a signing on fee which has to be taken into account in the overall budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I must say I admire some of the blind optimism shown by some here.

Yeah, he might be a great bit of business, and we might challenge at the top of the table this year. The evidence so far however suggests otherwise.

Personally not really sure why NW is still here. He's feeding on scraps
    What a rubbish comment. Dont know why you even bother getting up in the morning if thats how you feel.

Speaking of this chappie called Loic
    Expectations are that he won't be heroic
    If he doesn't do his bit
    And the fans give him shit
    Let's just hope that he's a good stoic

I'm here all week.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you think that these free transfers and others come here for nothing ?. Each one will get a signing on fee which has to be taken into account in the overall budget.
    How do you know they will all be getting a signing on fee? Not all players get signing on fees. Not at this level.
    Their signing on fee could come out of the wage budget, or be spread over the contract term rather than one lump sum for all you or I know.
    What I do know is we have missed out on several targets now, our main one because we were quibbling over small potatoes and we are now at the point where we are taking potential free transfers on trial.
    Sorry if me being underwhelmed by that upsets you so much.

There once was a man called Damour,
    Who shocked Warnock with his style of parkour,
    He removed all his kit,
    While doing the splits,
    "I was told to get the ball on the floor".

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How do you know they will all be getting a signing on fee? Not all players get signing on fees. Not at this level.
    Their signing on fee could come out of the wage budget, or be spread over the contract term rather than one lump sum for all you or I know.
    What I do know is we have missed out on several targets now, our main one because we were quibbling over small potatoes and we are now at the point where we are taking potential free transfers on trial.
    Sorry if me being underwhelmed by that upsets you so much.
    That made I larf (as they say in Somerset).

I thought Damour looked ok today

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    a worthy comment for reviving a 1 month old thread!

I thought Damour looked great today

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He played well too,only second to Mendez-Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    a worthy comment for reviving a 1 month old thread!

I thought Damour looked great today
    I think there could have been a bit of devilment in the thread revival

Twas interesting reading back over some of the comments.

Although one swallow a summer does not make, I have a good feeling about this guy, and his mate M-L