+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loïc Damour

Re: Loïc Damour

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    We finished mid table last season, and that was with the first quarter completely written off. Warnock had 3/4's of the season and started with an unfit squad.

With a preseason, and a little strengthening here and there - I cant see how we cant challenge for the playoffs?
    Exactly, Huddersfield were tipped for relegation at the start of last season and Villa top two .

This chap may turn out to be a good signing.Do not write him off before he starts.NW knows what he is doing and must have some pretty good reasons for bringing him here.In the past we have brought in well known players on good wages that proved to be really poor. There are bargains out there and lets hope he is one.Kenneth Zahore is a perfect example.There is no call for negativity at this stage.I have total faith in NW he does not sign players for the sake of it and must think this player is better than what we have.

Who knows.

Might work out, might not.

I doubt he's been brought in as more than squad cover so not really getting excited.

Seems to me there's only 1 maybe 2 spots left in the first team to fill now anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    This chap may turn out to be a good signing.Do not write him off before he starts.NW knows what he is doing and must have some pretty good reasons for bringing him here.In the past we have brought in well known players on good wages that proved to be really poor. There are bargains out there and lets hope he is one.Kenneth Zahore is a perfect example.There is no call for negativity at this stage.I have total faith in NW he does not sign players for the sake of it and must think this player is better than what we have.
    He wasn't a first team regular for a team I've never heard of and allowed to leave at the end of his contract at the age of 26
    He has played 60 first team games at standards less than the championship since 2013. I guess he's never been a regular first teamer at a poor standard.

I've not got big hopes for this one to say the least and am filing under Solomon Taiwo as probably somebody who will come on as sub in a Cup game.

he's obviously very cheap cover.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Mind you we could be Villa and paying John Terry and absolute fortune
    I reckon Terry could be the flop of the season. It's not easy for old top players to make the drop down to the Championship as we've seen over the years. Experience is one thing, but legs are another.

It would nice to sign a marquee signing as a statement of intent. I thought we had 6m to spend and apart from Ward and Patterson who I wouldnt imagine have cost that much the rest have been free.

This thread is priceless. Warnock proved to all of us last season he can turn has-beens into good players and the stats suggest if he was in charge from the start we would be top six or near-enough. He's shipped out Lambert.. who barely played under him, and Whitts.. who also barely played under him, and added new faces, with more set to arrive.

Have some optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I reckon Terry could be the flop of the season. It's not easy for old top players to make the drop down to the Championship as we've seen over the years. Experience is one thing, but legs are another.
    He plays in a position where he doesn't exactly need pace. He's 2 yards ahead of the players in this league in his head.
    Like him or loathe him the guys a winner and a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He plays in a position where he doesn't exactly need pace. He's 2 yards ahead of the players in this league in his head.
    Despise him or loathe him the guys a winner and a wanker.
    Fyp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Fyp.
    Fanks

Terry joining Villa is akin to when Mike England joined us. The season England was here we got promoted. Don't write Terry off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    This thread is priceless. Warnock proved to all of us last season he can turn has-beens into good players and the stats suggest if he was in charge from the start we would be top six or near-enough. He's shipped out Lambert.. who barely played under him, and Whitts.. who also barely played under him, and added new faces, with more set to arrive.

Have some optimism.
    From the point Warnock took over to the end of the season, we were the ninth best side

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps he has good technical skills ,lets be positive, and give him a chance he fails,then let him have it ,we have to remember we are also in the second tier and with no big financial backing and FFP rules to look after and we have retained Manga and Gunnerson at cost and probaly improved Zohore pay.
    Exactly. I think everyone is jumping to conclusions.

1. He certainly cost us very little
    2. Neil may well have signed him as a squad player to add depth
    3. It seems very evident that NW is still looking for another midfield player and striker.
    4. Comments welcome at the end of August when all of our signings are here

The reason they barely played is that Lambert was usually injured and Warnock took a dislike to Whittingham, hence him being shipped out after being offered a contract Warnock knew he wouldn't take up.

The reason they barely played is that Lambert was usually injured and Warnock took a dislike to Whittingham, hence him being shipped out after being offered a contract Warnock knew he wouldn't take up.
    Passed his best or not Whitts still chipped in with the goals and assists which so far don't look like they have been replaced

Passed his best or not Whitts still chipped in with the goals and assists which so far don't look like they have been replaced
    Under Warnock last season, Whitts played a total of 1741 minutes, not featuring in the remaining 1409 minutes. I make it that we scored 26 goals when Whitts played under Warnock, while we also scored 26 goals when Whitts didn't play. We won 30 points from the 19 games Whittingham started under Warnock, winning 24 from the 16 he didn't start.

It suggests that Whittingham's influence wasn't as great as some think. In terms of scoring goals, we were just as capable when Whitts played as when he didn't, maybe slightly skewed by the 5 we battered Rotherham with. In terms of points won, for all of Whittingham's goals and assists, it barely equated into better results.

The stats suggest Warnock probably got things right. No doubts Whitts had moments where he was an important influence, but we also coped with little trouble when he wasn't on the pitch.

Under Warnock last season, Whitts played a total of 1741 minutes, not featuring in the remaining 1409 minutes. I make it that we scored 26 goals when Whitts played under Warnock, while we also scored 26 goals when Whitts didn't play. We won 30 points from the 19 games Whittingham started under Warnock, winning 24 from the 16 he didn't start.

It suggests that Whittingham's influence wasn't as great as some think. In terms of scoring goals, we were just as capable when Whitts played as when he didn't, maybe slightly skewed by the 5 we battered Rotherham with. In terms of points won, for all of Whittingham's goals and assists, it barely equated into better results.

The stats suggest Warnock probably got things right. No doubts Whitts had moments where he was an important influence, but we also coped with little trouble when he wasn't on the pitch.
    Did you include injury time?

Did you include injury time?
    No. Given that he was substituted more often than he came on as substitute, it would have skewed the figures.

No. Given that he was substituted more often than he came on as substitute, it would have skewed the figures.
    Footballs played on grass, not a calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    He wasn't a first team regular for a team I've never heard of and allowed to leave at the end of his contract at the age of 26
    He has played 60 first team games at standards less than the championship since 2013. I guess he's never been a regular first teamer at a poor standard.

I've not got big hopes for this one to say the least and am filing under Solomon Taiwo as probably somebody who will come on as sub in a Cup game.

he's obviously very cheap cover.
    Damour was a regular selection last season (he described it as the best of his career) and and turned down an offer to stay with his club, so to describe him as having been "allowed to leave at the end of his contract" is a bit misleading.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...g-you-13294065

Paterson apart (and there has to be a bit of a doubt about him giving his injury), I must admit to being pretty flat about our signings this summer, but I keep on remembering what I read from a QPR fan on the day Warnock came here - he told us to expect uninspiring looking signings which end up working.

Even if this guy turns it to be a dud, who cares? He was free and I bit on very small wages.

There seem to be a lot of late bloomers in the French league - Kante, Mahrez, Kodjia etc

Footballs played on grass, not a calculator.
    Indeed. No flies on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    From the point Warnock took over to the end of the season, we were the ninth best side
    With a side inherited from Trollope

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I can see it catching on....times like this we need Ali back.
    Yeah it's a nap.
    Although it'll be a cover version.. it's already be done 40 years ago, City's Albert Lamour

I have to say I am wholly unimpressed with our signings this season. Manga re signing has been the best. Ward should be OK, but two goalkeepers , one of whom is 32 and was Rotherham's reserve keeper last season, the other from the 3rd tier. A winger who was free and from Rochdale, a full back who is injured and now a midfielder for nothing with a string of clubs I have barely heard of. Damour could be the midfield version of Gounongbe.

Mind you we could be Villa and paying John Terry and absolute fortune, i hope Zohore gives him a hard time in the game v Villa.
    Or Wolves spending £15m on a player and Bristol City too.

Maybe somewhere between having a load of free transfers and paying a fortune would be better.. I'd take Joe Ledley on a free though.

I don't think our transfer strategy is encouraging many season ticket sales. Feel free to have a go at my negativity but I was really hopeful, in May, of us making a go of it this season. Are Rotherham our new feeder club?
    Camp was virtually ever present in the 2015/16 season for Rotheram.

He then made 18 appearances in season 2016/17 until he was injured on 26 November and didn't play again because of the injury.

Not a reserve then. And 32 is no great age for a keeper.