+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock still after two strikers and a midfielder.

Warnock still after two strikers and a midfielder.

Re: Warnock still after two strikers and a midfielder.

Hi Bob your previous quote about what a QPR fan said about Warnock signings 'they work' confirms a hunch of mine. Although on the outside the current additions seem 'uninspiring' I am excited about the coming season, much more than in recent seasons, an addition of two strikers and that midfielder could cement a decent championship side.
    Forever the optimist, and fresh from my two week holiday, may be tainting my view but the way Warnock turned around our lethargic bunch last season gives me hope, and that time with a group of 'his' players will pay dividends !

I wonder if that's separate to players leaving or on the basis of the squad either remaining intact or other players leaving to give Warnock the squad places?

Out of the regulars last season we have only lost Whitts and he had become a bit part at the end.

We've replaced McGregor who finished our main keeper with 2 others- although for me neither is as good.

Patterson and Ward would to me be the only first team standard players we've brought in, so overall we are arguably marginally stronger overall, due to having a few more options.

The squad we've got in my view is upper mid-table and we'd need a lot of luck with form and injuries to challenge.

In order to really have confidence in a promotion push I'd say we need at least 2 more 1st team starting standard players and 1 more who can put pressure on the others.

Still need to shift 2-3 as well- John and Noone or certain, as they both need a new challenge and clearly will be bit part at most here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Out of the regulars last season we have only lost Whitts and he had become a bit part at the end.

We've replaced McGregor who finished our main keeper with 2 others- although for me neither is as good.

Patterson and Ward would to me be the only first team standard players we've brought in, so overall we are arguably marginally stronger overall, due to having a few more options.

The squad we've got in my view is upper mid-table and we'd need a lot of luck with form and injuries to challenge.

In order to really have confidence in a promotion push I'd say we need at least 2 more 1st team starting standard players and 1 more who can put pressure on the others.

Still need to shift 2-3 as well- John and Noone or certain, as they both need a new challenge and clearly will be bit part at most here.
    I think we need two more players and we won't be far off. I wouldn't be disappointed if we added two number 10s to be honest. ( as tobw correctly observes, i love a number 10)

I think everyone is underestimating the new French lad we have signed. I think he'll definitely be in Warnocks plans in the starting 11.

If you look at our midfield pairing they are very limited technically and if Loic has genuinely got over his attitude issues, i think he'll quickly become a fans favourite.

I don't know if Warnock wants to add 3 signings or 2 cos his interview regarding 2 forwards and a midfielder was before Loic was announced, but if it is 3 and we add say a Joe Ledley, a proper number 10 like Barrie Mckay and a winger/10 then I'll be more than happy with pur summer activity.

We are the most balanced as a squad i have seen us for a long long time and we have pace, strength, power, with a good mentality.
    I'd say the only thing we're missing is what Warnock himself has already said we're missing, a bit more of a goal threat and that but of spark in central areas.

If Loic comes to anything it'll be a bonus to me.

I think he's another cheap long shot and won't be pinning any hopes on him.

He's not what we need I. The middle anyway with Gunnar and Ralls already in there.
    Both hardworking, with Ralls being massively underrated by our fans as a hard working, technically strong player.

Someone with a bit of flair is what we need in there now to compliment those 2

He's not what we need I. The middle anyway with Gunnar and Ralls already in there.
    Both hardworking, with Ralls being massively underrated by our fans as a hard working, technically strong player.

Ralls and particularly Gunnarsson had very good seasons last year but i still contest that they are both very technically limited.
    I'll put my neck on the line and say that Loic will very quickly cement his starting place in the middle of the park.

I know you tube videos can be very deceiving but you can see enough on there to suggest that he is far more technically proficient than Ralls and Gunnarsson.
    His body position when receiving the ball will put the team on the front foot far more quickly than we're accustomed to.

With regards to our final position, I don't see any team being as strong as Brighton or Newcastle were last year. It may not be enough but there could even be a top 10 who all have realistic hopes of promotion, whereas last year there was a 2 and then a 5, and we may be in that.

We need someone who can pass Gunnar and ralls maybe hard working but can't pass the ball more than 5 yards

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think we need two more players and we won't be far off. I wouldn't be disappointed if we added two number 10s to be honest. ( as tobw correctly observes, i love a number 10)

I think everyone is underestimating the new French lad we have signed. I think he'll definitely be in Warnocks plans in the starting 11.

If you look at our midfield pairing they are very limited technically and if Loic has genuinely got over his attitude issues, i think he'll quickly become a fans favourite.

I don't know if Warnock wants to add 3 signings or 2 cos his interview regarding 2 forwards and a midfielder was before Loic was announced, but if it is 3 and we add say a Joe Ledley, a proper number 10 like Barrie Mckay and a winger/10 then I'll be more than happy with pur summer activity.

We are the most balanced as a squad i have seen us for a long long time and we have pace, strength, power, with a good mentality.
    I'd say the only thing we're missing is what Warnock himself has already said we're missing, a bit more of a goal threat and that but of spark in central areas.
    If you could you would have 11 iniesta's

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We need someone who can pass Gunnar and ralls maybe hard working but can't pass the ball more than 5 yards
    Ralls' pass stats are pretty good.
    Slightly below a Whitts, but above the rest of the first team and a long way above Gunnar.
    His passing and creativity are OK, however this is the thing we need to improve on given our current midfield options, which are high on work rate, but low on guile

Morrison, Ralls and Gunnar were our 3 most used players last year and so will surely be the backbone of our side in the coming season.

Ralls' pass stats are pretty good.
    Slightly below a Whitts, but above the rest of the first team and a long way above Gunnar.
    His passing and creativity are OK, however this is the thing we need to improve on given our current midfield options, which are high on work rate, but low on guile

Morrison, Ralls and Gunnar were our 3 most used players last year and so will surely be the backbone of our side in the coming season.
    With the pace of zohore we need somebody who can put the ball in the space behind defenders something we didn't d often enough could do with a mcphail like player

[QUOTE=jamieccfc;4757228]With the pace of zohore we need somebody who can put the ball in the space behind defenders something we didn't d often enough could do with a mcphail like
    QUOTE]

Exactly..

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If you could you would have 11 iniesta's

Yep

It will be Charlie Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    It will be Charlie Adam.

I really hope not

I think when he says two forwards he means at least 1 winger. I hope so at least anyway

He actually said 2 strikers and one midfield (winger)

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    He actually said 2 strikers and one midfield (winger)
    He said a midfielder and 2 forwards which could be a striker or a wide player

"At the moment I'm not looking for anybody other than a midfielder and two forwards."

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

"At the moment I'm not looking for anybody other than a midfielder and two forwards."
    He also said that the day before Loic was announced but wales online keep regurgitating the same interview everyday.

I hope he's still after 3 players not 2.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He also said that the day before Loic was announced but wales online keep regurgitating the same interview everyday.

I hope he's still after 3 players not 2.
    I'd like a winger and a central player with a bit of pace who could drive forward at least. I'm not sure another striker is important at all really and woul much prefer us signing 2 wingers and an attack midfielder.

We desperately need some attacking guile in our midfield.
    Someone who can pick a pass and beat a man and then do something creative.

We have lots of pace and power and we have goals up top in Zohore, Ward and maybe Saadi or Fred.

I'd rather invest what remaining funds are left on a midfielder who can both tackle and pass ( maybe Charlie Adam) a proper number 10 and someone who is versatile across the forward line. If we get these 3 and if they're any good we'll make the play offs in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

QUOTE The Bluebirds boss has already secured the services of Lee Camp, Neil Etheridge, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Callum Paterson, Danny Ward and Loic Damour but recently admitted he's still on the hunt for another midfielder and two strikers.

Mine was a direct quote, yours is the paper's interpretation

I tend to think it's a winger and a striker too based on the failed attempts for Hayes & Mckay.
    Two strikers also gives us 4 strikers not counting Fred and Healey.
    Can't see it