+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Queers and the BBC

Re: Queers and the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Everyone is free to say what they want but shouldn't be expected not to be challenged on their attitudes and to face the consequences of what they've said.

Political correctness has been good for the progression of the U.K. In some situations it got took too far (I got in trouble for asking for black coffee in a meeting once ffs) but on the whole not being able to use racist and bigoted language has been great for the country.

I do think being straight white men we probably find it difficult to appreciate how much the lives of minorities in this country have improved due to political correctness and changing attitudes.
    I agree on your first point lovely boy but I cant agree on your 2nd point
    political correctness has not been good at all
    its got ppl worrying about what they say in case they offend
    well being offended is not a big deal is it unless there is a threat violence attached
    what some find offensive others don't
    and
    what do u mean by racist or bigoted language ?
    surely it depends what context it is put in

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Careful now or I will have to go to my feninazi page and find some patriarchy rubbish to throw at you.
    I be fine mrs steve ive seen women throw lol women throwing is a kin to mens handwriting

I've got 3 girlfriends pal I can't help being educated ;)
    Well do us all a favour and go spend some time with them.

P.s don't forget to deflate them when you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Thanks, I'm glad it annoys someone else too

Do you need your PIN for the ATM machine?
    Only if I am reversing back down the road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I be fine mrs steve ive seen women throw lol women throwing is a kin to mens handwriting

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We live in a society where being gay is legal and more acceptable than it was - but I know from the experiences of close friends and family that it is not acceptable to a lot of people, and there is still discrimination and violence against those whose sexuality is still seen by some as unnatural or deviant. Until that changes there is a need for pride marches - to challenge the abuse and discrimination, and for mutual support and solidarity.
    Perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Perfectly said.
    I have found homophobic people to be in the dirty river in Africa hense their over reaction to something that does not matter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

On that theme, the Lovecraft sex shop on Cowbridge Road East has a special offer on until this Friday. Choose one from their Luscious Linda or Bouncing Brunhilda range to receive a free complimentary foot pump and puncture repair kit. The German dolls are for discerning gentlemen who prefer curvier, buxom ladies who have an ample cleavage.

Thanks to Sludge for relaying the above information.

What a thread ..

Next year I'm off to Pedant Pride. With some pedantic poof work colleagues, and I'm going to stick my PIN number in any and every ol' ATM machine that I can, while mincing .

There hasn't been a queer infestation at the BBC, the evidence is overwhelming. People at the BBC still have awful awful dress sense. If indeed the BBC is being taken over by gays the first thing they would do is bring a bit of style and panache to the proceedings. I rest my case.

There hasn't been a queer infestation at the BBC, the evidence is overwhelming. People at the BBC still have awful awful dress sense. If indeed the BBC is being taken over by gays the first thing they would do is bring a bit of style and panache to the proceedings. I rest my case.

I think you are 1 very brave man coming out like that that must of been very hard for you
    u got my respect
    top man

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I think you are 1 very brave man coming out like that that must of been very hard for you
    u got my respect
    top man

Not hard at all. Come on out yourself and be liberated!

Not hard at all. Come on out yourself and be liberated!

if everyone was gay thered be no more people after a while

Quote Originally Posted by bluesocks View Post
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesocks View Post
    Probably.

But at least the rapid demise of mankind would be filled with extravagant clothes, pierced nipples and Lady Gaga.

Bring it on I say.

This thread that I started has gone off pretty much as i anticipated. I like to be controversial within the law. The whole point of a message board is to air your views, opinions, thoughts, feelings about any subject. Well in the close season .... any subject ...normally football and Cardiff City here.

The BBC is a fantastic asset to our country and has brilliant people working hard to maintain the highest standards. They strive to avoid political interference for ALL our benefits and usually succeed. Not always. And I do not agree with the TV tax they levy. But I pay it twice each year to remain legal....unlike a lot of you lot.

My point was that in Strictly Come Dancing (there was an obvious pun there but I didn't use it) they really should have girls dancing with girls and boys dancing with boys. Indeed the subject has been discussed on the BBC (last week most) recently. However the powers that be ... THE (Govenors) ESTABLISHMENT ... at the BBC are terrified they will lose over half the Strictly audience if they have same sex ballroom dancing.

It's an awful show IMHO but I actually think the people that watch it will laugh as much at the same sex dancing as they do at the mixed couples.

Anne Widdecombe...I have actually met her ... lovely lady....John Sargeant...never met him looks straight but who knows.

Anyway we need same sex dancing this year on Strictly or the BBC are going soft on their gender neutral policies.

Hope Warnock keeps signing great players.

More vitriol coming my way no doubt.

Shocking to think that in this day and age some college staff have no idea of non-binary pronouns. Genderqueers face far more problems than straight homoxexuals and lesbians.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40609106
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Shocking to think that in this day and age some college staff have no idea of non-binary pronouns. Genderqueers face far more problems than straight homoxexuals and lesbians.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40609106
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer
    To quote Roger Murtagh, I'm getting too old for this shit

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Chief's shittin' bricks, he wants my gun and badge.

You and me both; Dr Who is a woman now too...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288

Blog Entries

It could get even more confusing for you, can of worms incoming..

"Canadian baby registered 'gender unspecified' in possible world first"
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...e-world-first/

I have some sympathy for people who feel they are trapped in the wrong body, I would be quite happy for them to have an 'other' box to tick if they don't want to choose male/female on documents but apparently that's not good enough, the Gender-Free Coalition say "The only acceptable solution is to remove gender altogether, from all identity documents"
    Sorry but that's a step too far for me, if people are confused about their identity/gender that's fair enough they can have their other box or whatever they want, they can have a dozen different boxes for all I care, I'm not confused though and I would like to keep my female identity, as it's so important to them you'd think they would get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    It could get even more confusing for you, can of worms incoming..

"Canadian baby registered 'gender unspecified' in possible world first"
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...e-world-first/

I have some sympathy for people who feel they are trapped in the wrong body, I would be quite happy for them to have an 'other' box to tick if they don't want to choose male/female on documents but apparently that's not good enough, the Gender-Free Coalition say "The only acceptable solution is to remove gender altogether, from all identity documents"
    Sorry but that's a step too far for me, if people are confused about their identity/gender that's fair enough they can have their other box or whatever they want, they can have a dozen different boxes for all I care, I'm not confused though and I would like to keep my female identity, as it's so important to them you'd think they would get that.
    What an absolute load of ovaries!

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    You and me both; Dr Who is a woman now too...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288
    I wonder if she will be playing the role as a lesbian?
    Nothing would surprise me with the Beeb.