+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis McGugan - on trial with Cardiff

Re: Lewis McGugan - on trial with Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Your transfer activity has really gone downhill in recent years hasn't it.
    I see that Bristol City are quoted today as being interested in Aaron Pierre (who ?) the Wycombe Wanderers centre half on a free transfer. Looks like Lee Johnson is already preparing for life in Division One in 2018/2019. Hardly an inspiring signing is it and makes your above comments look even more stupid. Lewis Mcgugan is a quality, experienced, championship player.

Can't do links but just been reading a thread on Owlstalk forum. Was expecting the usual slagging him off type posts but quite suprised that quite a few on there seem to think NW is the sort of manager to get the best out of him.

There are a few that seem quite bitter that we won't sell Morrison to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Because you can agree fees and terms whenever but can't register a player until the window is open. The point stands anyway there's 2 months left to sign players

The window opens July 1st.
    So, someone at the BBC was just making up all of those details about transfers completed in June? June 30th is the last day of most contracts, so, technically, deals like the ones we've done for Mendez-Laing, Etheridge and Camp would go through on 1 July because that's the date when they become City employees, but we paid a fee for Ward, he was here signing a contract well before the end of June and the signing was completed well before you say the transfer window opened - what would be the point of a deal like that being kept waiting for ten days or so?

Anyway, even if you are right, you are now admitting that we've had almost two months already to complete transfers which, bizarrely, could not be confirmed until last Saturday - so, having been beaten to the signature of Hayes and McKay, we're now in the position where we're looking at a trialist who barely kicked a ball last season . I can understand why McAdder suggested we were getting a bit desperate and he certainly didn't deserve to be called a berk.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, someone at the BBC was just making up all of those details about transfers completed in June? June 30th is the last day of most contracts, so, technically, deals like the ones we've done for Mendez-Laing, Etheridge and Camp would go through on 1 July because that's the date when they become City employees, but we paid a fee for Ward, he was here signing a contract well before the end of June and the signing was completed well before you say the transfer window opened - what would be the point of a deal like that being kept waiting for ten days or so?

Anyway, even if you are right, you are now admitting that we've had almost two months already to complete transfers which, bizarrely, could not be confirmed until last Saturday - so, having been beaten to the signature of Hayes and McKay, we're now in the position where we're looking at a trialist who barely kicked a ball last season . I can understand why McAdder suggested we were getting a bit desperate and he certainly didn't deserve to be called a berk.
    I think that's a reasonable summing of the situation, except I'd have expected NW and team to have had a list of targets they'd looked at, and to be working their way down the list if their top targets weren't achieved. I'd be very surprised if any of the signings had not been looked at long and hard already, it just doesn't strike me as the way NW works.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    #illgetmycoat
    BERK

Can't believe you gave Crosey the time of day to even reply

NW hasn't been great with every budget player he's ever had. He's done well with a few of our underperforming players such as Gunnarson and Zahore but he hasn't got the best out of everyone.

I don't see that shit player + NW = good player

Warnock is good getting the best out of players whose careers are waning...

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It's not that Croesy.

McGugan "unlikely" to sign for us according to this (mind you, the writer has him still at Forest at one point) - it also says we have a "clutch" of mostly foreign trialists at the club at present.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...gugan-13295652

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    TOBW, Is a fair minded man,even for lost souls.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Lewis Mcgugan is a quality, experienced, championship player.
    Or another cheap journeyman to fit into an ugly long ball football side typical of so many teams managed by that c--t.

Or another cheap journeyman to fit into an ugly long ball football side typical of so many teams managed by that c--t.
    He's had 3 clubs in 11 seasons. You've just signed an Italian on a freebie who is on club number 7 dipstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    He's had 3 clubs in 11 seasons. You've just signed an Italian on a freebie who is on club number 7 dipstick.
    If brains were made of chocolate his would not fill a smartie.

Well, your lot are the experts at flair. Or is that flare?

Ideally we'd have all our targets either signed by now or lined up so deal is nearly finished. In the past we certainly haven't been in that ideal position and key signings aren't made until the final few weeks, however it may also be true that taking on a troubled trialist suggests our plans have been knocked out of shape and we're desperately searching for a cheap deal to fill a key position.

It's getting harder and harder to judge signings as we have seen a Kante surprise a Leicester and Miki, initially, disappoint a Man united. However, how many of our new players would you say we're likely to start the first game of the season? I don't think any, though Patterson would if not for injury. Here's to being surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Ideally we'd have all our targets either signed by now or lined up so deal is nearly finished. In the past we certainly haven't been in that ideal position and key signings aren't made until the final few weeks, however it may also be true that taking on a troubled trialist suggests our plans have been knocked out of shape and we're desperately searching for a cheap deal to fill a key position.

It's getting harder and harder to judge signings as we have seen a Kante surprise a Leicester and Miki, initially, disappoint a Man united. However, how many of our new players would you say we're likely to start the first game of the season? I don't think any, though Patterson would if not for injury. Here's to being surprised.
    One of the goalkeepers will play as will Ward.

Correction: I expect camp and ward to start. 3 potential starters from summer window may not be bad but one missing due to injury and one starting due to weakness of position.

Correction: I expect camp and ward to start. 3 potential starters from summer window may not be bad but one missing due to injury and one starting due to weakness of position.
    Looking like Patterson will be fit as he's been in training since May and is in the squad for next week's friendly at Taffs We'll

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looking like Patterson will be fit as he's been in training since May and is in the squad for next week's friendly at Taffs We'll
    That'll be a real bonus if he's available for the the start of the league season.

That'll be a real bonus if he's available for the the start of the league season.
    That's great news,let's hope that they're not rushing him

I see that you very convieniently only used the last sentance of my post in your reply and totally ignored that your club is interested in signing a crap League 2 centre half who is available from Wycombe for absolutely nothing (Aaron Pierre). I bet you have never heard of him and have no idea how he plays. You can guarantee that he is good at playing 'hoofball' as you put it as he no doubt has considerable experience of this in that division. And by the way Neil Warnock is good enough to be able to manage us to two wins over you lot last season and that will do for me.

I always like McGugan, seems like a forward playing, goalscoring midfielder. I know he's been around a bit but we haven't signed him yet, he's only on trial so has to prove himself. If he does sign he'll add to the squad and be good off the bench or as an alternative to Holieet and Harris.

I';m not sure why we signed him? Could be another McNaughton who scores goals. We already have Peltier, who has just extended his contract, and Richards. Maybe Warnock sees Richards competing with Bennett for the left back berth? Our back four has eight players now, Peltier, Patterson, Richards, Bennett, Manga, Bamba, Morrison and Connolly. That must be the best in the Championship. Although i think one or two may leave. Not all of those are going to be happy every Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I';m not sure why we signed him? Could be another McNaughton who scores goals. We already have Peltier, who has just extended his contract, and Richards. Maybe Warnock sees Richards competing with Bennett for the left back berth? Our back four has eight players now, Peltier, Patterson, Richards, Bennett, Manga, Bamba, Morrison and Connolly. That must be the best in the Championship. Although i think one or two may leave. Not all of those are going to be happy every Saturday.
    Maybe Warnock has Richards down to compete for a midfield spot? He's played there in the past for Wales