+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not enough to get me back on board with Sky.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Not enough to get me back on board with Sky.

This is clearly in response to the inroads on Sky revenue from Kodi and other alternative streams. (For some reason Cricfree continues to get away with its live football and rugby coverage) If watching football on Sky costs £18 a month, I'll definitely return to the fold - a man can only take so much buffering........

I am so glad I weened myself away from Sky and BT packages like Sports and other premium add ons channels i am saving 60 quid a month and watching less television, being more active ,away from the settee . I was watching Stoke v WBA type games for no good reason , if your a footy fan and can walk get to a game somewhere I say, and listen to the rest on the radio whilst your out and about.

It's not rocket science.

If people refuse to pay the sky high prices then they'll lower them.

No coincidence that they're doing this after a steady decline in numbers.

My attitude is that I'm willing to pay some money to be able to watch football, but not the prices they charge (especially when they've lost the rights to some football recently). Therefore they either give it to me half price (which I've currently got for the next 18 months) or I'll go without.

The way I see it, they need me more than I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    It's not rocket science.

If people refuse to pay the sky high prices then they'll lower them.

No coincidence that they're doing this after a steady decline in numbers.

My attitude is that I'm willing to pay some money to be able to watch football, but not the prices they charge (especially when they've lost the rights to some football recently). Therefore they either give it to me half price (which I've currently got for the next 18 months) or I'll go without.

The way I see it, they need me more than I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Yep agreed here too. I won't be going back though. I have my Reading ST and my Wales WC tickets so am not bothered about paying Murdoch's empire for their over hyped football. Also got BT Sport 1 which costs me nothing and Netflix at just £6 a month. The days of being mugged by SKY are over

International

I'm aboutto rent a flat in the city and I spoke to the sky salesman in the St David centre yesterday. I asked him how much for the basic sky package with phone number and broadband.

He said it would be about 50:00 a month but wouldn't sell it to me. He told me that the new structure after their financial review will be out on monday and that then it is very likely that I'll get everything including films and stuff for the same price or less because they are losing customers. I realise as a new customer I'd probably get more incentives than a renewing subsciber but the information still seems wuite positive from the customers point of view.

They had that grand opening on sky sports 5.

The European Football Channel they said.

Just a marketing ploy. Now it has all sorts of rubbish on there.