+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Bradley Lowery

RIP Bradley Lowery

Not normally one for RIP threads for people I didnt know but this little fella has really pulled on my heart strings.

The courage this little boy has shown should be an inspiration to us all.

Sleep tight little man.

Re: RIP Bradley Lowery

Knew it was coming, but it's still so awful when it does.

RIP Bradley.

RIP Little fella , I will never forget your smile. Condolences to his brave family and his "best mate" Germaine Defoe. You must all be in bits.

Footballers get a lot of bad press but respect to Jermaine Defoe for the friendship and support he has given this little boy and his family.

Sometimes celebritys like to let it be known charitable they are for their own end but I think yesterdays press conference showed their bond was real, and Defoe has genuine feelings for Bradley.

Im not sure the journalist needed to ask that question though. Out of order.

Well said above.
    What a brave little lad.
    RIP

First Team

Cannot even imagine the grief his parents must be going through. RIP young fella.
    However, it was great to see the much maligned football world pull together and give that young lad some wonderful moments.
    Cancer, especially in the young is such a horrible thing. Lets hope the publicity around this case is enough to get more people donating to the various charities that are doing so much good work to treat, cure or manage this disease.
    Go on put your spare change in the collecting tin tonight to help the research that will ensure fewer moments like this occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Cannot even imagine the grief his parents must be going through. RIP young fella.
    However, it was great to see the much maligned football world pull together and give that young lad some wonderful moments.
    Cancer, especially in the young is such a horrible thing. Lets hope the publicity around this case is enough to get more people donating to the various charities that are doing so much good work to treat, cure or manage this disease.
    Go on put your spare change in the collecting tin tonight to help the research that will ensure fewer moments like this occur.
    Unfortunately, my missus's boss lost his nine year old son to cancer a few days ago after a year long battle. He used to come and watch us play in the touch rugby team that his dad set up, and brought his own ball to play with. It's unthinkably horrible.

Eden Hazard visited him and followed up with a personal video message so that he had something extra to treasure. Footballers generally do recognise the good they can do, and I think many act on it. Defoe's relationship with Bradley was truly heart warming and I'm sure that meant a lot to his parents too.

R I P Bradley you brave little man

Heartbreaking. A smashing little lad that all of us would be proud of as a son. Jermaine Defoe clearly took him to his heart and deserves great credit for his compassion.

R I P.Brave little fella.

R.I.P little man. Was fighting back the tears earlier this morning listening to defoe's press conference

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Well said above.
    What a brave little lad.
    RIP
    Something I'm sure all on here can agree on. RIP inspirational lad.

There's only one Bradley Lowery
    R.I.P young man.

God bless the little fella R I P Bradley,

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I shed a few tears for him today and his parents listening to it on the radio.
    No one has anything to really worry about compared to the heart ache of those that knew him.
    rip little fella - only here for a short time - but you made yourself known to everyone
    Well said

AND huge kudos to Jermaine

Such a sad story. Life can be so unfair sometimes. The older I get, the more I'm realising how absolutely final death is.
    RIP Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I shed a few tears for him today and his parents listening to it on the radio.
    No one has anything to really worry about compared to the heart ache of those that knew him.
    rip little fella - only here for a short time - but you made yourself known to everyone
    I got welled up a couple of times today thinking about him, and his parents. Such an infectous little character.
    To echo what has already been said life is so cruel sometimes. No parent should have to bury their child.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I got welled up a couple of times today thinking about him, and his parents. Such an infectous little character.
    To echo what has already been said life is so cruel sometimes. No parent should have to bury their child.
    I second that. The only good thing about it is that it brought out so many good of the qualities of humanity.

Tears streaming down this morning, after reading all the papers about this brave boys fight.

RIP little fella.

Feedback

Thinking of his parents. As a father myself I can't think of anything worse.

RIP wee man

Poor little kid , rest in peace