+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: caerphilly under house arrest tomorrow thanks to the lycra brigade

caerphilly under house arrest tomorrow thanks to the lycra brigade

what benefit does this velothone nonsense have for caerphilly and the peoole affected by it
    certainly doesnt bring in extra money because nobody can get anywhere to spend it.
    its just a day for individuals who like riding bikes.

Re: caerphilly under house arrest tomorrow thanks to the lycra brigade

They turn left at the bottom of Caerphilly Mountain (just before my house), thank f uck, otherwise I would not be able to get the bus for my Sunday cards + cider.

You must live near me tit

I can't visit my mum's nursing home in Newbridge. Only 100 yards or so from an "open" road, but they won't let us use that 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I can't visit my mum's nursing home in Newbridge. Only 100 yards or so from an "open" road, but they won't let us use that 100 yards.
    You could park your car and walk the 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You could park your car and walk the 100 yards.
    No parking nearby - it's a main road up the valleys, trees one side, drop the other.
    Would have to park miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Can't you pick her up today and take her home late Sunday?

Cyclists are a blight on society. Most of them I'm sure are also barbecue hosts. Yes, they really are that dastardly.

Should Jimmy the Jock be in attendance tomorrow then he won't be hard to spot as he'll be the one dressed in clan tartan lycra who's fond of ringing his bell, with annoying regularity, that plays Scotland the Brave.

Live in a cul-de-sac - as usual for the Velothon and any running events, the entire road it connects to is shut at both ends. That'll make driving out tomorrow fun, usually have to point out to the stewards their folly.

Stick a couple of bikes in the roof of your car and make out you're a support team?

I prefer the "telling steward how many weeks of proctologist treatment he/she will need to remove the bollard I'm going to insert if they don't get out of the way" approach.

Blocking the one end, that's fine. I can see they block the other end to prevent vehicles going down, hitting the other blocked end, having to turn back. Where it's a problem is when the stewards get arsey about stopping residents coming and going away from the end that needs to be blocked - one idiot even claimed the cul-de-sac didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I prefer the "telling steward how many weeks of proctologist treatment he/she will need to remove the bollard I'm going to insert if they don't get out of the way" approach.

Blocking the one end, that's fine. I can see they block the other end to prevent vehicles going down, hitting the other blocked end, having to turn back. Where it's a problem is when the stewards get arsey about stopping residents coming and going away from the end that needs to be blocked - one idiot even claimed the cul-de-sac didn't exist.
    Indulge my idiocy for one moment and tell me how it's a cul-de-sac if it has two entrances?

If they ever decide to have a moanathon in Cardiff we have a few potential champions on here .

Would this be a good time to mention my up and coming sponsored ride ?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Indulge my idiocy for one moment and tell me how it's a cul-de-sac if it has two entrances?
    'The road it connects to'

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    'The road it connects to'
    Ah right, didn't see that.

Blog Entries

Talking of bikes, who is in the wrong here? I have no idea but it looks pretty scary riding a bike on roads like that.
    http://www.unilad.co.uk/viral/nobody...ramatic-crash/

Anyone, cyclist or car, trying to undertake an articulated lorry on the inside must have rocks in their heads.

Cyclists in left hand turn lane only then go straight on. The cyclist that hit the lorry could not have been seen - if you're going to make dumb moves like that, you've got to make yourself as visible as possible. I doubt the driver could have sen that cyclist.

As for the later footage, playing the "It's London" card? Just... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Talking of bikes, who is in the wrong here? I have no idea but it looks pretty scary riding a bike on roads like that.
    http://www.unilad.co.uk/viral/nobody...ramatic-crash/
    Those idiot cyclists in that video are all over the road. They should be forced to take a test same as us drivers, with a three point turn, a hill start, an emergency stop and reversing round a corner. The learner could give the examiner a ride on the crossbar throughout the test, if the instructor wanted to come along he could sit on the back mudguard or perch on the handlebars.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You must live near me tit
    We've been down this road before, when you were on about getting to games and I suggested catching a bus, but you said it was a crap service (at least I think it was you)

Now we have the X8 NAT buses as well, there is one every 5 minutes (at least it feels like)

I think you live in what used to be POSH Thornhill, I live further down the road opposite the mini Sainsburys

Ambulance just went rushing up the Mountain, all lights flashing and sirens blazing.

Has there been a crash on the Mountain. ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ambulance just went rushing up the Mountain, all lights flashing and sirens blazing.

Has there been a crash on the Mountain. ?

No idea.

Most of us in Caerphilly can't even get out of the street.

****ing cyclists why do they think they can go where they like *****

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    what benefit does this velothone nonsense have for caerphilly and the peoole affected by it
    certainly doesnt bring in extra money because nobody can get anywhere to spend it.
    its just a day for individuals who like riding bikes.
    I'm with you matey. I live close to Caerphilly town centre and I have not been able to take my hound up to Rudry for her Sunday morning walk, due to this. In the end I had to turn back and drive home. It's a pain in the ass, and a huge inconvenience to the town of Caerphilly. I think it's impossible to drive into the Morrisons car park and go shopping. The shops in the town centre must be losing money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    If they ever decide to have a moanathon in Cardiff we have a few potential champions on here .

Would this be a good time to mention my up and coming sponsored ride ?
    What are you raising money for? Stick a donation link up