+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    No you're not, you were born in Britain so you are British.

You have Pakistani heritage.

If as a white person, I used the term 'us' discriminating against a non white person and calling those people 'them', it would be considered racist.

It is you calling yourself a British Pakistani, as opposed to simply calling yourself British.

It is you, in this situation and presumably as that is how you see yourself, in many other situations that is perpetuating the difference between you and others.

It is not white people in these situations who are discriminating, but you !!

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Born in Britain and moved to the Projects after first listening to Public Enemy's Fear of a Black Planet.
    He's a black man stuck in a Pakistanis body so he gets offended very easily.
    Judging by this thread he doesn't.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    us lol no I think you will find you are called **** in the same way people from England are called English people from from france are called French
    all about context
    inbread iddiot
    ironic

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Anyone else want to say it was uncalled for? That seems to be what this thread has become now.
    inbread iddiot

Feedback

I'm called worse every day being a minority (no not welsh not even white)
    so I think its time men grew a pair
    first racist and now gender fluidist. You need to use your loaf more

Feedback

You use the term 'us' when talking presumably talking about being Pakistani.
    perhaps 'us' means Brits whose forefathers came from the Indian subcontinent?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Is that a play on "in bread"?

Feedback

No you're not, you were born in Britain so you are British.

You have Pakistani heritage.

If as a white person, I used the term 'us' discriminating against a non white person and calling those people 'them', it would be considered racist.

It is you calling yourself a British Pakistani, as opposed to simply calling yourself British.

It is you, in this situation and presumably as that is how you see yourself, in many other situations that is perpetuating the difference between you and others.

It is not white people in these situations who are discriminating, but you !!
    African American, British American, Italian American, Pakistani British

apparently the use of one of the above denotes racism. honestly. I think.

Feedback

Is that a play on "in bread"?
    go and ask your Naan

go and ask your Naan
    I would if she weren't brown bread.

African American, British American, Italian American, Pakistani British

apparently the use of one of the above denotes racism. honestly. I think.
    TISS, you're an intelligent poster on here and have enjoyed reading your posts on this thread and others, so will give you a response that you deserve.
    I didn't say Adz was being racist, I stated that white people would be considered racist if the word us or them was used in reference to someone with a different colour skin - which is true particularly if said in politically correct confines.
    I also said that that type of attitude will only perpetuate divisions in society, rather than having the utopian ideal of full integration of all people's living in the UK.

That's a pitta.

Feedback

I feel your pain

Feedback

TISS, you're an intelligent poster on here and have enjoyed reading your posts on this thread and others, so will give you a response that you deserve.
    I didn't say Adz was being racist, I stated that white people would be considered racist if the word us or them was used in reference to someone with a different colour skin - which is true particularly if said in politically correct confines.
    I also said that that type of attitude will only perpetuate divisions in society, rather than having the utopian ideal of full integration of all people's living in the UK.
    That's fair enough. I appreciate the response.

That's fair enough. I appreciate the response.
    Even when I rarely disagree with you, I respect your thought out responses.
    Cheers TISS.

racist how
    now I think we can all agree I have not been racist and to throw a comment like that
    you should be very ashamed of yourself there are ppl out there who really are the victims of racism and it is to them sir you a big apology too
    shame on shame on you indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    If he'd have called me that I'm 100% certain half a dozen people wouldn't have called him up on it.
    I've had worse on here more than once
    yeah id like to the difference too
    ive had nasty comments aimed me not a dicky bird

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Spot on, some of us are reclaiming it tbh
    so do i delete it or not ? ? ?

TH63 has reported it, as he found it offensive

Adz, has said " its being reclaimed " thus its not offensive and by deleting it would not help in the cause of reclamation of the word

As I know that Adz is of Pakistani origin ( he has told me and has mentioned in this thread he is a " British Pakistani " ) i feel his claim that it is being reclaimed must add weight to the argument on deletion of not

Oh its another of them borderline options

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    so do i delete it or not ? ? ?

TH63 has reported it, as he found it offensive

Adz, has said " its being reclaimed " thus its not offensive and by deleting it would not help in the cause of reclamation of the word

As I know that Adz is of Pakistani origin ( he has told me and has mentioned in this thread he is a " British Pakistani " ) i feel his claim that it is being reclaimed must add weight to the argument on deletion of not

Oh its another of them borderline options
    So calling someone an "inbread idiot" is ok, calling someone a wanker isn't.

Glad we cleared that one up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

You misspelled "idiot".

you are welcome

Feedback

racist how
    now I think we can all agree I have not been racist and to throw a comment like that
    you should be very ashamed of yourself there are ppl out there who really are the victims of racism and it is to them sir you a big apology too
    shame on shame on you indeed
    you shouldn't take everything you read on the internet at face value.

Oh lighten up Terrence. The jacks always get called inbreds and connotations to sexually infiltrating a family member on here. I dont see anyone complaining then.

Why dont you offer to help Mike and moderate the board for him instead of throwing stones at Matt all the time?

Who the feck is Terence?

Wasn't it a fair question? You either allow both or none surely?

Yes we call jacks inbreds but we also call them wankers.

If Mike wasn't another mod, and wanted me I'm sure he'd ask, I certainly wouldn't be so presumptuous to offer. Plus I'd probably be crap.

Who the feck is Terence?

Wasn't it a fair question? You either allow both or none surely?

Yes we call jacks inbreds but we also call them wankers.

If Mike wasn't another mod, and wanted me I'm sure he'd ask, I certainly wouldn't be so presumptuous to offer. Plus I'd probably be crap.
    We are back to context again.

I think the aggression and tone of Tiger calling Matt a "Wanker" was out of order and deserved to be pulled.

Matt has a thankless task trying to moderate this forum and getting called a "Wanker" just because somone disagreed with his moderating was uncalled for. It wasnt Matt who put the picture up.