+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I am so ashamed to be Welsh when the moronic people of the valleys start going on about " the immigration problem ".

Usually all you see is white faces up there but the morons have bought the racist right wing press views hook , line and sinker.

Decent places like London , Cardiff and Manchester are tolerant and are building a society where everyone counts.

This is the Cardiff way and it sets a good example for the rest of the UK. Racist scum like JDerrida can ferk off back to their holes as far as I'm concerned. Tosser !
    I don't know whether he's right or wrong but it does nobody any favours to just shout "racist" to any opinion you disagree with in an attempt to shut them down.

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Never understood the decision behind splitting the forum into football and politics, especially in the off-season. The strength of this place for me was always the diversity of topics on the front page.
    It was a decision I supported and even pushed for.

Reason? Feedback and splott dai (although there were others) mainly, were posting so much of their agendas that any football related topics got drowned out.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Please correct the factual inaccuracies, or is it too difficult for you to actually debate something.
    Do not need to debate just read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Do not need to debate just read your post.
    You're confusing racism with reason.

Step back and think about it rationally

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I do agree with you, but a politics forum was created for this type of post, T.O.B.W has complained in the past about the football forum being overrun with this type of post in the footy forum, I wonder why a very intelligent person posted it in the wrong forum
    Dem r the rooles
    Seeking a wider audience for his political views I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It was a decision I supported and even pushed for.

Reason? Feedback and splott dai (although there were others) mainly, were posting so much of their agendas that any football related topics got drowned out.
    I don't think at any point the football threads got "drowned out", when there's football news and people want to talk about it then nothing could drown it out.

There might have been more politics threads during the referendums but it was never overwhelming and nothing a little curation couldn't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    You're confusing racism with reason.

Step back and think about it rationally
    Well in my opinion i stand by what i posted.If you think that is correct it is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Seeking a wider audience for his political views I would imagine.
    History tells us that every similar post as this one on CCMB always ends up in the same way with a competition to see who can express the best faux pas outrage for their peers and chucking the R word in to try and close down the debate, I didn't read the article BTW. Just like knife crime, and the cost of a tin of baked beans the stats were always going to go up irrespective of the Referendum however, and depending where you buy it, petrol has come down recently, Tesco near the Toby is 8p per litre cheaper than the Texaco near the 3 arches garage at the moment don't normally buy Tesco gas, but tomorrows fill up is giving food for thought tonight.

So should these matters go unreported ?
    That article is from November 2015.
    Do you dispute the figures as those, if even remotely true are a major concern.
    Do those figures concern you? They should concern EVERYONE in this country.
    We don't get these attacks from Buddhists, Sikhs or Hindus do we?
    Yet the PC media and loony left and liberals want us to readily accept even more Muslims and their ideologies, yet rarely mention any other religious minority who have assimilated more and NEVER cause the West or majority of the rest of the world any problems whatever.
    What would help the situation ? Corbyn states that IS blames their terrorist attacks in the UK on Britain foreign policy and as a consequence we should have no further impact in the middle east.
    That is about the most juvenile approach to a serious problem from a potential Prime Minister that I have heard in my lifetime.
    Firstly, he is believing IS rhetoric. Second and most importantly is, of course IS want no western or Russian involvement in the middle east, as it would give them care blanche to rule the middle east as they saw fit. Even more bloodshed of Christians, Jews, Muslims from a different group or anyone who dares to disagree with them.
    Syria is on the border of Turkey, which is the gateway to Europe.
    Turkey is now under the regime of dictator Erdogan and he is undoing all of Ataturk's secularism, creating a non secular state in Turkey, where there is 70 million Muslims.
    We all know how radical Turks are at football matches.
    That will pale into insignificance if the west withdraw from the middle east as the invasion of Europe of Islamic extremism and militancy will continue to take place at an unrivalled pace.
    Well, seeing as it was misleading bullshit it shouldn't have been reported in that way. The question was this: "How do you feel about young Muslims who leave the UK to join fighters in Syria?" even The Times said it was misleading and apologised in their corrections and clarifications, but the damage was already done

You genuinely sound as if you've pooled the words of every single Donald Trump/Alex Jones/Nigel Farage transcript and are just picking words at random, and since when was "liberal" a dirty word?

You talk about a "PC media" even though, as I've already pointed out, the two biggest newspapers are the right-wing Daily Mail and The Sun

ISIS were an affiliate of Al-Qaeda, who rose to prominence as a result of US involvement in Afghanistan (the first time round) with the Americans funding the Mujahideen who then formed many offshoots following the Soviet-Afghan War, one of which was Al-Qaeda, so it isn't really that juvenile/stupid/dangerous to suggest that today's problem with Islamic terrorism isn't (partially at least) a product of Western involvement in the Middle East/Asia/Islamic nations

I don't think at any point the football threads got "drowned out", when there's football news and people want to talk about it then nothing could drown it out.

There might have been more politics threads during the referendums but it was never overwhelming and nothing a little curation couldn't fix.
    Different opinions I guess.
    At the time it felt like Mike might as well ace created a new sub-forum called "football"

Different opinions I guess.
    At the time it felt like Mike might as well ace created a new sub-forum called "football"
    at one point, 27 out of the 40 posts on the first page were political

more and more people were moaning about the amount of political posts and even posts that were not even remotely political, were always dragged into the mess

The only faith being mentioned is Islam as usual.
    No mention of faith hatred BY Muslims against Jews or Christians.
    No mention of hatred against white people.
    It's another propaganda piece to show Muslims as victims.
    You have LGBT communities fighting for their rights in this country and demonstrate against Trump, yet many who fight against so called racism against Muslims - Islam is not a race, yet fail to fight against the Islamic views on LGBT, misogyny and FGM.
    It's this hypocrisy that is leading some to react very badly towards Muslims.
    The government and especially the opposition parties and much of Britain have become cowards, afraid to dare say anything negative about Islam, yet it's ideology and a lot of its preachings are NOT congruent in Western countries.
    They push and push their agendas, especially under the headings of freedom of speech - yet we are now having 'our' freedom of speech eroded, and equality of religious expression in a previously Christian country.
    IF they TRULY believe in that equality, then why don't they also fight the fight for minority Christians and Jews in Muslim majority countries, where those minorities are truly persecuted.
    Load of bollocks. Let's look at the issue in question, not your BNP party political broadcast.

The article is looking at the increase in hate and race crime since the Brexit referendum. You seemingly forgot to mention it contains attacks on non-Muslims as that renders your reply irrelevant. Whether you like it or not, in the immediate aftermath of the referendum, some non-British people were told by a small minority of braindead ****wits that they should go home. I know of people who faced hostilities from knobheads.

You might also be aware that more terror attacks are foiled that would have been carried out in this country by white supremacist groups.

The think I can't, for the life of me, work out is how Muslims, Islam etc became a part of the EU referendum. Maybe not directly, it was never particularly discussed, but a number of leave voters thought by voting leave that we could stop them coming into the country (maybe even getting rid of some of those already here). Take the poster that Farage proudly stood under in the latter moments of the referendum campaign. Immigration from the middle east, asylum seekers etc never came under EU jurisdiction in terms of how we manage our own borders, but lots of dullards believed the EU was to blame. Extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Load of bollocks. Let's look at the issue in question, not your BNP party political broadcast.

The article is looking at the increase in hate and race crime since the Brexit referendum. You seemingly forgot to mention it contains attacks on non-Muslims as that renders your reply irrelevant. Whether you like it or not, in the immediate aftermath of the referendum, some non-British people were told by a small minority of braindead ****wits that they should go home. I know of people who faced hostilities from knobheads.

You might also be aware that more terror attacks are foiled that would have been carried out in this country by white supremacist groups.

The think I can't, for the life of me, work out is how Muslims, Islam etc became a part of the EU referendum. Maybe not directly, it was never particularly discussed, but a number of leave voters thought by voting leave that we could stop them coming into the country (maybe even getting rid of some of those already here). Take the poster that Farage proudly stood under in the latter moments of the referendum campaign. Immigration from the middle east, asylum seekers etc never came under EU jurisdiction in terms of how we manage our own borders, but lots of dullards believed the EU was to blame. Extraordinary.
    A very balanced post that.

I am so ashamed to be Welsh when the moronic people of the valleys start going on about " the immigration problem ".

Usually all you see is white faces up there but the morons have bought the racist right wing press views hook , line and sinker.

Decent places like London , Cardiff and Manchester are tolerant and are building a society where everyone counts.

This is the Cardiff way and it sets a good example for the rest of the UK. Racist scum like JDerrida can ferk off back to their holes as far as I'm concerned. Tosser !
    I'm so ashamed to be Welsh when moronic Welsh people accuse a whole section of other Welsh people of being thick racists because of where they live.

Labelling people from the valleys as racists because of the actions of a few idiots is on a par with calling all muslims terrorists because of the actions of a few idiots.

If you think there's no racism in places like Cardiff Manchester or London then you need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I'm so ashamed to be Welsh when moronic Welsh people accuse a whole section of other Welsh people of being thick racists because of where they live.

Labelling people from the valleys as racists because of the actions of a few idiots is on a par with calling all muslims terrorists because of the actions of a few idiots.

If you think there's no racism in places like Cardiff Manchester or London then you need to get out more.
    Called that one right dr lecter

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good post.
    As I said, a very balanced attitude and post.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    at one point, 27 out of the 40 posts on the first page were political

more and more people were moaning about the amount of political posts and even posts that were not even remotely political, were always dragged into the mess
    At his very moment, only 14 of the 40 threads on the first page are about football.

Only 7 out of 40 are about Cardiff specifically.

But even though that's worse than the scenario that got the board split up it's not remotely considered a crisis.

Basically put, a certain topic was in the news and people were discussing it. A few people got a bit fed up and the board got split as a result, but I don't think the board improved because of it. All splitting up the boards did was make the main board less popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Spot on

At his very moment, only 14 of the 40 threads on the first page are about football.

But even though that's worse than the scenario that got the board split up it's not remotely considered a crisis.

Basically put, a certain topic was in the news and people were discussing it. A few people got a bit fed up and the board got split as a result, but I don't think the board improved because of it. All splitting up the boards did was make the main board less popular.
    It's the off season though and no euros or World Cup. I'm sure there will be more football talk in a month or so.

If you remember, one of the options Mike had was to basically delete any non-football discussion, surely you will concede that a separate politics board, or an "off-topic" board was a sensible compromise?

Get real there's plenty of recent incidents of intolerance down Cardiff.

A quick search on Google and there's mosques being attacked, Europeans being attacked in the streets.etc

Jeez the Finsbury Park terror attacker lived in Cardiff (Yes I know he was from Somerset originally). Does he not count in this utopia version of Cardiff that you've built in your own head? You said everyone counts?

Tosser

It's the off season though and no euros or World Cup. I'm sure there will be more football talk in a month or so.

If you remember, one of the options Mike had was to basically delete any non-football discussion, surely you will concede that a separate politics board, or an "off-topic" board was a sensible compromise?
    I used to like coming to the main board and seeing what stuff people are posting about politics, I'd laugh, learn something new, see what other people's opinions are, and maybe even chip in myself.

Now politics discussion (often the most lively type of discussion) has been relegated to a rarely visited backwater and I think the board is poorer for it.

I used to like coming to the main board and seeing what stuff people are posting about politics, I'd laugh, learn something new, see what other people's opinions are, and maybe even chip in myself.

Now politics discussion (often the most lively type of discussion) has been relegated to a rarely visited backwater and I think the board is poorer for it.
    I see your point, but as I alluded to earlier, it seemed to get to the stage where most discussions on the main board were a. Not about football and b. Mainly between splott dai and feedback essentially saying "oh no it isn't" "oh yes it is". Sometimes for days on end.

Personally I believe a rarely visited backwater is the best place for that crap, but that's just my opinion. And yes, I know I've been involved in many debates about brexit in particular, but I think most of us find political arguments, well, boring. And it's not like the politics forum is hard to findf you want to discuss that kind of thing.

End of the day, it's up to Mike

I see your point, but as I alluded to earlier, it seemed to get to the stage where most discussions on the main board were a. Not about football and b. Mainly between splott dai and feedback essentially saying "oh no it isn't" "oh yes it is". Sometimes for days on end.

Personally I believe a rarely visited backwater is the best place for that crap, but that's just my opinion. And yes, I know I've been involved in many debates about brexit in particular, but I think most of us find political arguments, well, boring. And it's not like the politics forum is hard to findf you want to discuss that kind of thing.

End of the day, it's up to Mike
    I think that's where we differ. I liked the stupid arguments.

And give you a smaller audience.