+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that one of them was NinianClarke
    See what he did there?

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that one of them was NinianClarke
    where did you nick that idea from

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    No, he's one of lecters accounts.
    i thought I was chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    i thought I was chris
    You are pretty thick so I can see why you'd think you were chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You are pretty thick so I can see why you'd think you were chris.

Ooohh, name calling.

Get you ya nasty old queen.

P.s your username explains a lot.

I am pro EU and pro immigrant but I had a discussion with a Romanian waiter at a family meal in a pub in Gloucester last night that made me realise its all murkier than I thought.
    He reckoned about 50% of his compatriots come to this country with no intention of settling. He reckons they deliberately target jobs in the black market and do not pay income tax. They have no intention staying here long term but look to make as much money as they can before returning home. I was surprised he felt the numbers were that high and have no way of knowing how accurate he is.

So there is a two fold problem with a significant proportion of Romanians appearing to abuse the system and British employers being complicit in all of this and benefitting with cheap labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I am pro EU and pro immigrant but I had a discussion with a Romanian waiter at a family meal in a pub in Gloucester last night that made me realise its all murkier than Imthought.
    He reckoned about 50% of his compatriots come to this country with no intention of settling. He reckons they deliberately target jobs in the black market and do not pay income tax. They have no intention staying here long term but look to make as much money as they can before returning home. I was surprised he felt the numbers were that high and have no way of knowing how accurate he is.

So there is a two fold problem with a significant proportion of Romanians appearing to abuse the system and British employers being complicit in all of this and benefitting with cheap labour.
    Did you get your new Romanian friend to type that post for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Ooohh, name calling.

Get you ya nasty old queen.

P.s your username explains a lot.
    It was just a joke pal, calm down

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Did you get your new Romanian friend to type that post for you?
    Yeah if you say

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I am pro EU and pro immigrant but I had a discussion with a Romanian waiter at a family meal in a pub in Gloucester last night that made me realise its all murkier than I thought.

It's three-fold because the state is on it too.

Only three out of 700 firms prosecuted for paying below minimum wage: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...w-minimum-wage

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's three-fold because the state is on it too.

Only three out of 700 firms prosecuted for paying below minimum wage: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...w-minimum-wage
    Yep. Fair comment.

And then you get comments such as this..

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b02e9bdb0e2c77

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    And then you get comments such as this..

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b02e9bdb0e2c77
    How long has that been a phrase? And why did she feel the need to shoe horn it in?

As for the dramatic music on that video, you'd think they were showing 9/11 footage or something.

National outrage over an MP using a word that black rappers use constantly to describe themselves. It's a strange world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    National outrage over an MP using a word that black rappers use constantly to describe themselves. It's a strange world we live in.
    Language evolves and the current situation with regard to that word is that it seems to be acceptable to some sections of the community and not to others. Ordinarily, a situation like that word be hard to justify, but, we're talking about the colour of people's skin here and so I would argue that normal rules do not apply.

It's far from the best example, but I can see similarities with the way we sing 1-0 to the sheepshaggers, while opposing fans shout sheepshaggers at us as a term of abuse. It's down to the context in which people use the word - one group uses it hoping to offend and would face calls from some of being racist, while with the other its usage can be seen as self deprecating humour or even a badge of honour.

With regard to the "National outrage" as you call it, all I'll say is that any white politician who uses a term like that shows a lack of understanding, a crass stupidity and an attitude more at home in the world as it was around one hundred years ago that should mean they forfeit the right to expect the vote of anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    How long has that been a phrase? And why did she feel the need to shoe horn it in?.
    I remember hearing that phrase a lot years ago. I know this will sound stupid, but genuinely I never equated it with black people, it was "just a phrase" meaning something was out of place.

Anyone who actually has this opinion really is a complete idiot.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Language evolves and the current situation with regard to that word is that it seems to be acceptable to some sections of the community and not to others. Ordinarily, a situation like that word be hard to justify, but, we're talking about the colour of people's skin here and so I would argue that normal rules do not apply.

It's far from the best example, but I can see similarities with the way we sing 1-0 to the sheepshaggers, while opposing fans shout sheepshaggers at us as a term of abuse. It's down to the context in which people use the word - one group uses it hoping to offend and would face calls from some of being racist, while with the other its usage can be seen as self deprecating humour or even a badge of honour.

With regard to the "National outrage" as you call it, all I'll say is that any white politician who uses a term like that shows a lack of understanding, a crass stupidity and an attitude more at home in the world as it was around one hundred years ago that should mean they forfeit the right to expect the vote of anyone with a modicum of intelligence.
    Bob

You say ordinary rules don't apply because of a person's skin colour. That is the very definition of racism. I know you don't intend for it to be racist, but when we start treating people differently and allowing them to act differently to each other based solely on skin tone, then we are promulgating race distinction via the backdoor.

Either the word is acceptable to all or none at all.

The way Africans were treated was a crime against humanity, not just a crime against africans. Africans betrayed Africans, Europeans abused that betrayal.

I remember a black person saying they had earned the "right" to be able to use it as they wish.

White people have not.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Anyone who actually has this opinion really is a complete idiot.
    Do you care to explain why? The MP who used the word is bang out of order. It's a horrible word, and one that I've never used in my life, so why do black people find it acceptable in rapping lyrics. I don't buy into ToBW's explanation about the sheepshagging chants. As a Welshman, I don't get offended at all if someone calls me a sheepshagger. I see the humour in it.
    There is no humour or justification in the modern world for anybody to be using the "N" word.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I remember a black person saying they had earned the "right" to be able to use it as they wish.

White people have not.
    That's racism in itself.

There is no humour or justification in the modern world for anybody to be using the "N" word.
    I can only assume you don't listen to rap music.

I'm also guessing you haven't seen videos like this either:

That's racism in itself.
    The white race has historically treated black people like complete dirt so I think we'll let them have this one little word eh!.

They are popularising it for a reason.

Instead of being something they are ashamed of they are wearing it with pride so racists feel the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The white race has historically treated black people like complete dirt so I think we'll let them have this one little word eh!.

They are popularising it for a reason.

Instead of being something they are ashamed of they are wearing it with pride so racists feel the idiots.
    I'm a member of the white race and I haven't treated anyone like "complete dirt", thank you very much.

How is what you just said not considered racist? It has all the hallmarks.