+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Never understood the decision behind splitting the forum into football and politics, especially in the off-season. The strength of this place for me was always the diversity of topics on the front page.

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Never understood the decision behind splitting the forum into football and politics, especially in the off-season. The strength of this place for me was always the diversity of topics on the front page.
    I do agree with you, but a politics forum was created for this type of post, T.O.B.W has complained in the past about the football forum being overrun with this type of post in the footy forum, I wonder why a very intelligent person posted it in the wrong forum
    Dem r the rooles

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I do agree with you, but a politics forum was created for this type of post, T.O.B.W has complained in the past about the football forum being overrun with this type of post in the footy forum, I wonder why a very intelligent person posted it in the wrong forum
    Dem r the rooles
    Seeking a wider audience for his political views I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Seeking a wider audience for his political views I would imagine.
    History tells us that every similar post as this one on CCMB always ends up in the same way with a competition to see who can express the best faux pas outrage for their peers and chucking the R word in to try and close down the debate, I didn't read the article BTW. Just like knife crime, and the cost of a tin of baked beans the stats were always going to go up irrespective of the Referendum however, and depending where you buy it, petrol has come down recently, Tesco near the Toby is 8p per litre cheaper than the Texaco near the 3 arches garage at the moment don't normally buy Tesco gas, but tomorrows fill up is giving food for thought tonight.

It was a decision I supported and even pushed for.

Reason? Feedback and splott dai (although there were others) mainly, were posting so much of their agendas that any football related topics got drowned out.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It was a decision I supported and even pushed for.

Reason? Feedback and splott dai (although there were others) mainly, were posting so much of their agendas that any football related topics got drowned out.
    I don't think at any point the football threads got "drowned out", when there's football news and people want to talk about it then nothing could drown it out.

There might have been more politics threads during the referendums but it was never overwhelming and nothing a little curation couldn't fix.

I don't think at any point the football threads got "drowned out", when there's football news and people want to talk about it then nothing could drown it out.

There might have been more politics threads during the referendums but it was never overwhelming and nothing a little curation couldn't fix.
    Different opinions I guess.
    At the time it felt like Mike might as well ace created a new sub-forum called "football"

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Different opinions I guess.
    At the time it felt like Mike might as well ace created a new sub-forum called "football"
    at one point, 27 out of the 40 posts on the first page were political

more and more people were moaning about the amount of political posts and even posts that were not even remotely political, were always dragged into the mess

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    at one point, 27 out of the 40 posts on the first page were political

more and more people were moaning about the amount of political posts and even posts that were not even remotely political, were always dragged into the mess
    At his very moment, only 14 of the 40 threads on the first page are about football.

Only 7 out of 40 are about Cardiff specifically.

But even though that's worse than the scenario that got the board split up it's not remotely considered a crisis.

Basically put, a certain topic was in the news and people were discussing it. A few people got a bit fed up and the board got split as a result, but I don't think the board improved because of it. All splitting up the boards did was make the main board less popular.

At his very moment, only 14 of the 40 threads on the first page are about football.

But even though that's worse than the scenario that got the board split up it's not remotely considered a crisis.

Basically put, a certain topic was in the news and people were discussing it. A few people got a bit fed up and the board got split as a result, but I don't think the board improved because of it. All splitting up the boards did was make the main board less popular.
    It's the off season though and no euros or World Cup. I'm sure there will be more football talk in a month or so.

If you remember, one of the options Mike had was to basically delete any non-football discussion, surely you will concede that a separate politics board, or an "off-topic" board was a sensible compromise?

And give you a smaller audience.