+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

There's been an entirely predictable record increase in religious and race hate crimes since the Brexit vote in England and Wales.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7829551.html

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's been an entirely predictable record increase in religious and race hate crimes since the Brexit vote in England and Wales.

The terrorist atrocities probably contribute to the increase far more than the Brexit vote I would have thought. Stupid people responding in precisely the way the terrorists would want them to.

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

The only faith being mentioned is Islam as usual.
    No mention of faith hatred BY Muslims against Jews or Christians.
    No mention of hatred against white people.
    It's another propaganda piece to show Muslims as victims.
    You have LGBT communities fighting for their rights in this country and demonstrate against Trump, yet many who fight against so called racism against Muslims - Islam is not a race, yet fail to fight against the Islamic views on LGBT, misogyny and FGM.
    It's this hypocrisy that is leading some to react very badly towards Muslims.
    The government and especially the opposition parties and much of Britain have become cowards, afraid to dare say anything negative about Islam, yet it's ideology and a lot of its preachings are NOT congruent in Western countries.
    They push and push their agendas, especially under the headings of freedom of speech - yet we are now having 'our' freedom of speech eroded, and equality of religious expression in a previously Christian country.
    IF they TRULY believe in that equality, then why don't they also fight the fight for minority Christians and Jews in Muslim majority countries, where those minorities are truly persecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    You have LGBT communities fighting for their rights in this country and demonstrate against Trump, yet many who fight against so called racism against Muslims - Islam is not a race, yet fail to fight against the Islamic views on LGBT, misogyny and FGM.
    The government and especially the opposition parties and much of Britain have become cowards, afraid to dare say anything negative about Islam, yet it's ideology and a lot of its preachings are NOT congruent in Western countries.
    They push and push their agendas, especially under the headings of freedom of speech - yet we are now having 'our' freedom of speech eroded, and equality of religious expression in a previously Christian country.
    IF they TRULY believe in that equality, then why don't they also fight the fight for minority Christians and Jews in Muslim majority countries, where those minorities are truly persecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    The terrorist atrocities probably contribute to the increase far more than the Brexit vote I would have thought. Stupid people responding in precisely the way the terrorists would want them to.
    The terrorists were already there, they don't need any more excuses. It's just the gullible politicians, media and public who say that it will feed terrorism.
    What about actually talking openly about what is feeding this hatred and disharmony.
    Again, it will be down to cowardice as most won't actually talk openly about those root causes.

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    These sorts of reports have come since immediately after Brexit vote when, as far as I recall, we were in a reasonably quiet period for attacks. Whether that was a pre-warning for what might happen and then became far worse because of attacks.....

Regardless of the root cause, it's shameful for there to be race hate crimes in this day and age.

The terrorists were already there, they don't need any more excuses. It's just the gullible politicians, media and public who say that it will feed terrorism.
    What about actually talking openly about what is feeding this hatred and disharmony.
    Again, it will be down to cowardice as most won't actually talk openly about those root causes.
    You can't seriously believe that prejudice and hatred towards Muslims, which is openly displayed by the nation's two largest newspapers, hasn't had any effect on terrorism within this country?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You can't seriously believe that prejudice and hatred towards Muslims, which is openly displayed by the nation's two largest newspapers, hasn't had any effect on terrorism within this country?
    You can't seriously believe that all Islamic terrorism and militancy in the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Holland, Sweden and on EVERY habitable continent on this planet since the time of Mohammed, is down to this nation's two largest newspapers ?
    Surely you can't be as ego centric as clueless Corbyn and believe everything is our fault !!

You can't seriously believe that all Islamic terrorism and militancy in the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Holland, Sweden and on EVERY habitable continent on this planet since the time of Mohammed, is down to this nation's two largest newspapers ?
    Surely you can't be as ego centric as clueless Corbyn and believe everything is our fault !!
    Rising number of anti-semitic incidents must also be up the the media too... according to some.

1) Homophobia/anti-LGBT+ attitudes, not gonna deny it exists - there are a couple dickheads, but there are many more Muslim allies, especially in our generation
    2) It is more of a cultural and generational thing as there is homophobia/anti-LGBT+ attitutes across people of all religions in the South Asian communities, but then again there are many more allies across different faiths and older generations are becoming more tolerant too
    3) Anti-homophobic/LGBT+ laws in South Asia came from the Empire 🤔 So guess where the homophobia/anti-LGBT+ attitutes came from... Kinda the same among other Islamic countries/regions
    4) There was even a gay caliph
    5) Even Muslims are persecuted in Muslim majority countries
    6) To conclude, I would say that homophobic among Muslims is at similar level as any other religious group and despite there has been a history of homophobia/anti-LGBT+ attitudes (due to cultural reasons), many Muslims are much more sympathetic towards LGBT+ people

Where did I say that?

Not surprised by the report Newport like a lot of run down areas in the UK seem to attract far more immigration and up until the last election found bedfellows in UKIP its language fitted their grievance, after that comes grievance about the better off ,unfortunately they become disenfranchised society's that can breed dissatisfaction and hatred towards others which is then politically milked , we even see hatred and people marganlised because of faith, view and gender within political parties .

Where did I say that?
    So do you agree that there is a massive problem with Islamic terrorism and militancy around the world.
    Simple yes or no.
    You were implying the nation's two largest newspapers are causing an increase in terrorism and militancy in this country.
    I am asserting that the problem was already there.
    The newspapers, any social media and individuals are reacting to what they see, read and hear.

The weather's been a lot nicer, too. The Independent doesn't mention that, I bet..

Spot on

So do you agree that there is a massive problem with Islamic terrorism and militancy around the world.
    Simple yes or no.
    You were implying the nation's two largest newspapers are causing an increase in terrorism and militancy in this country.
    I am asserting that the problem was already there.
    The newspapers, any social media and individuals are reacting to what they see, read and hear.
    You stated that I believed that all Islamic terrorism is down to the press which I didn't say, I said that it had an effect on it

The problem has grown significantly in the past few years as a direct result of a number of factors, however round-the-clock news coverage and headlines such as these aren't helping the situation
    CUc29LLWEAA4ssi.jpg

Of course Islamic terrorism is a problem

You stated that I believed that all Islamic terrorism is down to the press which I didn't say, I said that it had an effect on it

The problem has grown significantly in the past few years as a direct result of a number of factors, however round-the-clock news coverage and headlines such as these aren't helping the situation
    CUc29LLWEAA4ssi.jpg

Didn't the sun also have an "enemies of democracy" headline recently too? Or was that the mail?

Such aggressive language as there is in these sorts of papers (and online content) can help build I'll feeling and encourage aggressive action. It won't be the only factor in seemingly increasing troubles but it will be a factor.

This should be in the politics forum but, I would guess that it was posted in the football forum intentionally.

Never understood the decision behind splitting the forum into football and politics, especially in the off-season. The strength of this place for me was always the diversity of topics on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Never understood the decision behind splitting the forum into football and politics, especially in the off-season. The strength of this place for me was always the diversity of topics on the front page.
    I do agree with you, but a politics forum was created for this type of post, T.O.B.W has complained in the past about the football forum being overrun with this type of post in the footy forum, I wonder why a very intelligent person posted it in the wrong forum
    Dem r the rooles

CUc29LLWEAA4ssi.jpg

So should these matters go unreported ?
    That article is from November 2015.
    Do you dispute the figures as those, if even remotely true are a major concern.
    Do those figures concern you? They should concern EVERYONE in this country.
    We don't get these attacks from Buddhists, Sikhs or Hindus do we?
    Yet the PC media and loony left and liberals want us to readily accept even more Muslims and their ideologies, yet rarely mention any other religious minority who have assimilated more and NEVER cause the West or majority of the rest of the world any problems whatever.
    What would help the situation ? Corbyn states that IS blames their terrorist attacks in the UK on Britain foreign policy and as a consequence we should have no further impact in the middle east.
    That is about the most juvenile approach to a serious problem from a potential Prime Minister that I have heard in my lifetime.
    Firstly, he is believing IS rhetoric. Second and most importantly is, of course IS want no western or Russian involvement in the middle east, as it would give them care blanche to rule the middle east as they saw fit. Even more bloodshed of Christians, Jews, Muslims from a different group or anyone who dares to disagree with them.
    Syria is on the border of Turkey, which is the gateway to Europe.
    Turkey is now under the regime of dictator Erdogan and he is undoing all of Ataturk's secularism, creating a non secular state in Turkey, where there is 70 million Muslims.
    We all know how radical Turks are at football matches.
    That will pale into insignificance if the west withdraw from the middle east as the invasion of Europe of Islamic extremism and militancy will continue to take place at an unrivalled pace.

So should these matters go unreported ?
    That article is from November 2015.
    Do you dispute the figures as those, if even remotely true are a major concern.
    Do those figures concern you? They should concern EVERYONE in this country.
    We don't get these attacks from Buddhists, Sikhs or Hindus do we?
    Yet the PC media and loony left and liberals want us to readily accept even more Muslims and their ideologies, yet rarely mention any other religious minority who have assimilated more and NEVER cause the West or majority of the rest of the world any problems whatever.
    What would help the situation ? Corbyn states that IS blames their terrorist attacks in the UK on Britain foreign policy and as a consequence we should have no further impact in the middle east.
    That is about the most juvenile approach to a serious problem from a potential Prime Minister that I have heard in my lifetime.
    Firstly, he is believing IS rhetoric. Second and most importantly is, of course IS want no western or Russian involvement in the middle east, as it would give them care blanche to rule the middle east as they saw fit. Even more bloodshed of Christians, Jews, Muslims from a different group or anyone who dares to disagree with them.
    Syria is on the border of Turkey, which is the gateway to Europe.
    Turkey is now under the regime of dictator Erdogan and he is undoing all of Ataturk's secularism, creating a non secular state in Turkey, where there is 70 million Muslims.
    We all know how radical Turks are at football matches.
    That will pale into insignificance if the west withdraw from the middle east as the invasion of Europe of Islamic extremism and militancy will continue to take place at an unrivalled pace.
    And here is todays message from the ukip,britain first ,a18 and edl.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    And here is todays message from the ukip,britain first ,a18 and edl.
    Please correct the factual inaccuracies, or is it too difficult for you to actually debate something.

I am so ashamed to be Welsh when the moronic people of the valleys start going on about " the immigration problem ".

Usually all you see is white faces up there but the morons have bought the racist right wing press views hook , line and sinker.

Decent places like London , Cardiff and Manchester are tolerant and are building a society where everyone counts.

This is the Cardiff way and it sets a good example for the rest of the UK. Racist scum like JDerrida can ferk off back to their holes as far as I'm concerned. Tosser !