+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Malcolm X was a civil rights leader was a racist and advocated violence and aggression, which is a tiny part of the reason why black Americans struggle to this day.
    Compare the civil rights approach by the incredible Martin Luther King, Medgar Evers, Rosa Parks, et al.
    I often wonder how life for black Americans and also blacks worldwide would have been today had MLK and Medgar Evers had lived to this day.
    They gave their lives for civil liberties and it became hi-jacked by those who wanted to take the aggressive approach.
    Sadly far too many black people in the USA and UK live a highly aggressive and violent lifestyle.
    There are many more reasons than simply that, but Malcolm X was a violent agitator who disliked white people.
    My only reason for mentioning him was that even someone like him was calling blacks "coloured" back in the sixties.

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My only reason for mentioning him was that even someone like him was calling blacks "coloured" back in the sixties.
    No problem Bob.
    It was the word of choice back then.

Oops Wrong thread

"Coloured" seems like a much milder, friendlier description than "black". Wonder why it's considered a bad word.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oops Wrong thread
    Hypocrisy of the very highest order.

Astounding hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    "Coloured" seems like a much milder, friendlier description than "black". Wonder why it's considered a bad word.
    some of the stigma is to do with SA apartheid, the coloured were the lowest of the low below the blacks in the grand order of things there

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    some of the stigma is to do with SA apartheid, the coloured were the lowest of the low below the blacks in the grand order of things there
    Oh, that's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hypocrisy of the very highest order.

Astounding hypocrisy.
    You never posted on a wrong thread?

I've seen some hypocrisy in my time but you, sir, absolutely take the biscuit.

I was responding to your original, now deleted post. Stunning hypocrisy about bullying.

I was responding to your original, now deleted post. Stunning hypocrisy about bullying.
    Says the passive aggressive bully himself who is not adverse to sending out threats via PM after one too many sherbets.

Seems we're all a little guilty of hypocrisy.

I've seen some hypocrisy in my time but you, sir, absolutely take the biscuit.
    Stand up at its finest, Gareth.

There is a real dark side to this message board, which is a real shame. It has been omnipresent over the last few days.

We are all Cardiff City fans, why does it have to be like this.

There is a real dark side to this message board, which is a real shame. It has been omnipresent over the last few days.

We are all Cardiff City fans, why does it have to be like this.
    With one or two exceptions, I think it's mostly banter tbf

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    With one or two exceptions, I think it's mostly banter tbf
    There is banter and there is some nastier stuff.

It's the nastier stuff that bothers me.

There is banter and there is some nastier stuff.

It's the nastier stuff that bothers me.
    You seemed to have glossed over the bit where I said "with one or two exceptions"

I think partly because 'coloured' insinuates a version of something else, but which happens to be 'coloured'.

As in 'like a a white person, only 'coloured'.

Whereas black is direct and refers to the colour of a black persons skin - A black person.
    In the same broad way that white person is white (or, sort of) - A white person.

Thus Black is more positive and has a stronger ID than 'coloured'.

Well, that's my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I think partly because 'coloured' insinuates a version of something else, but which happens to be 'coloured'.

As in 'like a a white person, only 'coloured'.

Whereas black is direct and refers to the colour of a black persons skin - A black person.
    In the same broad way that white person is white (or, sort of) - A white person.

Thus Black is more positive and has a stronger ID than 'coloured'.

Well, that's my understanding.
    By that definition they should be called brown

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    the word **** believe it or not means "pride"
    You are mistaken. Pakistan means 'land of the pure' so 'pak' means pure

Sorry but how can you "reclaim" a word? Whatever next, different versions of the dictionary to accomodate minoritys?

Its either a word we can all use without causing offence, or it shouldnt be used by anyone.

And whilst we are on the subject why is "****'s" deemed to be so offensive? No different to calling us Welshies or Taffies? Plus its quicker to say than Pakistanis.
    It's the context - people use the word '****' to offend us and dehumanise use

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    True, my friend Naz asked here mates to meet me,they were 3 beautiful girls. They introduced themselves as 2 of us are Bangladeshi and she is a ****.So you are right it is how it is used.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    us lol no I think you will find you are called **** in the same way people from England are called English people from from france are called French
    all about context
    inbread iddiot

us lol no I think you will find you are called **** in the same way people from England are called English people from from france are called French
    all about context
    inbread iddiot
    Totally uncalled for.

all about context
    inbread iddiot
    Nasty and uncalled for,prick.

all about context
    inbread iddiot
    Condescending, patronising and uncalled for, you utter bellend