+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm a member of the white race and I haven't treated anyone like "complete dirt", thank you very much.

How is what you just said not considered racist? It has all the hallmarks.
    It isn't racsit because he hasn't said anything negative about white people that isn't true. Throughout history black people were treated like shit and actually owned by a lot of white people who used that word negatively a lot. Even after the abolition of slavely black people were treated like shit by a lot of white people.

You being a good person has nothing to do with you being able to use that word or not, the history of the word and the way it's use by white people still makes black people feel is the reason you shouldn't use it.

It wasn't even that long ago there were billboards in the uk saying "If you want a n***** for a neighbour vote labour" so it isn't even like it's ancient history.

Re: Gwent records the biggest increase in religious and racial hate crimes since Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It isn't racsit because he hasn't said anything negative about white people that isn't true. Throughout history black people were treated like shit and actually owned by a lot of white people who used that word negatively a lot. Even after the abolition of slavely black people were treated like shit by a lot of white people.

You being a good person has nothing to do with you being able to use that word or not, the history of the word and the way it's use by white people still makes black people feel is the reason you shouldn't use it.

It wasn't even that long ago there were billboards in the uk saying "If you want a n***** for a neighbour vote labour" so it isn't even like it's ancient history.
    Again, I'm aware of the reasons behind the word being deemed offensive, I'm not a moron.

I am specifically asking you people how you think it isn't racist to restrict the language a certain race of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Again, I'm aware of the reasons behind the word being deemed offensive, I'm not a moron.

I am specifically asking you people how you think it isn't racist to restrict the language a certain race of people?
    Because of the history of the word it basically means different things when used by different races. You could almost think of it in two different ways.

It is the same as how gay people have reclaimed queer but it's still a slur if used by a straight person.

It isn't racist because to say that because the explanation is perfectly logical and isn't negatively affecting white people in any way.