+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best place to buy a car?

Re: Best place to buy a car?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread.

My Mrs wants a car either a A1 or similar (if anyone has any cheaper recommendations on cars that are 'pretty') and has looked at new with finance (and then hand back) and then second hand from a dealer. She hasn't got savings so will have to get finance or a loan.

What's best these days? PCP from a dealer? Private loan then haggle down the used dealer?
    I'm sure Jimmy will give her one. And a car. rimshot.png

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread.

My Mrs wants a car either a A1 or similar (if anyone has any cheaper recommendations on cars that are 'pretty') and has looked at new with finance (and then hand back) and then second hand from a dealer. She hasn't got savings so will have to get finance or a loan.

What's best these days? PCP from a dealer? Private loan then haggle down the used dealer?
    Beware buying an Audi. I have one and the cost of maintaining it, even for a newish vehicle, is horrendous. The servicing costs are astronomical. For example an interim service, which consists of not much more than changing the oil costs, around £300. Parts are similarly expensive. I needed an oil seal for the transfer box on mine. They don't produce them or they were not available so I had a new transfer box. Fortunately it was covered under warranty but had it happened outside the warranty period the cost would have been in excess of £3000.

Have a look at leasing.

I bought my last car on Carwow and took out a £13k loan from the bank at 3.9% to finance the bulk of it over 5 years. Paying £236/month. Really happy with this approach as I'll end up with some equity in the car at 5 years plus I know what's been done with it from new.