+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A better way of living?

A better way of living?

Just come across this

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...our-news-cycle

I don't think I could do it, but I find myself half wishing I could.

I'm old enough to remember what life was like before social media, the internet and twenty four hour news and don't think I was ever particularly misinformed on current affairs back then. What I was, was more tolerant of opposing views, less quick tempered and less likely to take offence than I am now - whether that is down to the aging process or the type of world we've become, I'm not quite sure, but I'd guess it's got more to do with the latter than the former.

Re: A better way of living?

Holy crap, TOBW, you're just throwing grenades onto the forum recently

I actually like Twitter. I never Tweet myself but follow about 50 individuals, organisations and publications which provide a lot of content about things I'm interested in but probably wouldn't seek out otherwise.

Twitter is excellent, you tailor it to who your interested in. Down read the comments though because people are terrible.

Facebook was so good when it first started, I was the perfect age in my second year of university and it was only open to students and was a good way of keeping in touch etc. No it's full of mums, people sharing obvious fake news and boring shit.

Instagram is ok if you just follow friends and things you're interested in but I can see why it's a big cause of depression in young people as it has a lot of kids pretending to be super rich.

I do think social media negatively affects a lot of people these days especially Facebook. People need to realise you're only seeing people's "highlights" and comparing your life to other people that way is just stupid.

We have access to information previous generations could only dream about, which is great providing you apply filters that work for you.

I'm also now trying to spend more time learning about things I know little about, rather than sharing my opinion on things I know little about.