+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Swansea want 50 million pounds for Gylfi Sigurdsson

Re: Swansea want 50 million pounds for Gylfi Sigurdsson

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He doesn't create much from open play at least not last season.
    I dont know what constitutes as a "key pass" but any tool that suggests the likes of Barrow, Rangel, Naughton and Bojan are better from open play than Siggurdson is clearly flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Swansea have said they haven't rejected a bid and he is staying. So the story about leciester's bid looks wrong.

All those tens of millions they're racking in and their only good signings so far are a loan for Tammy Abraham and 10m for a spanish midfielder.

Abraham is a great buy though.
    Presuming he cuts it at Prem level. If he doesn't and Llorente goes...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Presuming he cuts it at Prem level. If he doesn't and Llorente goes...
    Ye. I'm not sure what fee they're expecting for llorente as well. On their forum I noticed people saying they are happy with a nice profit.

He is 32

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why? What does this prove exactly?

Jack's are toying with the idea of playing in blue

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I dont know what constitutes as a "key pass" but any tool that suggests the likes of Barrow, Rangel, Naughton and Bojan are better from open play than Siggurdson is clearly flawed.
    Did you read the other two articles I posted?
    He really didn't do very much at all from open play last season. Well, not £50 million worth anyway.

Perhaps he wasn't being played in his best position.

Sigurdsson is on his way as Swansea City have just tweeted that he will not be going on their USA tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Did you read the other two articles I posted?
    He really didn't do very much at all from open play last season. Well, not £50 million worth anyway.

Perhaps he wasn't being played in his best position.
    Stats and articles can be twisted any which way you want them to be twisted to suit an argument. The last time I checked goals or assists from set pieces dont count any less than goals from open play?

I cant even work out what those blue blocks are meant to represent to be honest?? There is no detail to that statistic. Its like a simple jigsaw puzzle for 3 year olds.

I would prefer to form my own opinions using my own eyes rather than be told by the computer, or a pie chart, but seeing as you like your stats so much these stats sites put him miles ahead of any other Swansea player in terms of performance last season.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/259/Show/Wales-Swansea

http://www.squawka.com/players/gylfi...#1-38#by-match

Then there this article from the Guardian which has him down as 7th highest in league for key passes, 2nd for clear cut chances created and 2nd for assists.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...on-eden-hazard

Therefore, im assuming he come out top of the pile in all 3 categories for Swansea City which makes that blue pie chart even more abusrd.

I didnt think he was worth 50m earlier in this thread, and still would prefer Eriksen and Ali if I was Spurs fan, but given the way the transfer market is heading, then im changing my mind given he was, on paper at least, one of the best performers in the league last year.

If Kyle Walker is possibly off to Man City for £50million, then no way is Sigurdsson worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If Kyle Walker is possibly off to Man City for £50million, then no way is Sigurdsson worth that.
    Football is getting stupid now.

Looks like the jacks want to take this one down to the wire to have the old 'not enough time to replace' line